At a time when some states in Nigeria like Lagos and Ogun have set the ambitious goal to achieve a mega city status, one wonders if a silicon city is in their master plans.
By Silicon City, I mean…
Since I started watching the African Technology scene, I’ve seen quite a good number of start-ups from Africa with great potentials. I’ve also reviewed some like Afrigator.
While we’ve also seen several techn0logy events such as BarCamps in several…
Today, I thought I should share some excerpts from a recent interview I granted over at DayoEdunjobi.com, a blog about Blogging, Internet Marketing and Social Media.
Dayo had very interesting questions about the state of the technology, startups and blogging…
In the light of the popular saying: “Once a President, Always a President”, I guess “once a startup analyst, always a startup analyst“, right?
Okay, enough of rhetoric.
Since I started this blog on June 1, I’ve received quite a…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Jason Fried at 37signals.com has an interesting piece which I thought is worth sharing here…
Startups can bring new ideas to market. They can give people a chance to change the world on their own terms. They
Perhaps you’ve launched a startup which has become very popular on the web space, and for some reason, you had to re-launch the idea, website or features of the startup.
Recently, Silicon-based startup Synthasite founded by South African entrepreneur, Vinny…
A few years ago, an ex-Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, said
…the Nigerian government has worked out to invest 600 million US dollars (about 100 billion Naira) to establish
According to UK’s largest business start-up community, Startup.co.uk
UK Prime Minister, Gordon Brown announced earlier this week that the government would invest £150m in high growth technology businesses. The UK Innovation Investment Fund will focus on growing small businesses, start-ups
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Bitcoin stumbles as Chinese government tells banks to stay away from it
- Microsoft moves to reassure foreign governments and businesses over its security
- Twitter signs deal with Deutsche Telekom — T-Mobile users to get homescreen widget in 2014
- Treading the fine line of AWS love and fear of lock in
- Sponsored Research: How story-driven video is poised to take off
- Sound Familiar? Trace Launches A Social App That Lets You Share Your Purchases With Friends
- Google Still Lags In Mobile Cameras, But Android 4.1.1 Should Make Things Better For The Nexus 5
- After 12M Downloads, Houzz Launches Redesigned iOS App With Full Screen Images, Easier Navigation
- This Week On The TC Europe Podcast: Mallzee, Kano, And Hoxton Ventures
- Foursquare 7.0 Brings Scannable Design And Expands Proactive Recommendations To All Users
- BSkyB’s Sky Go app is landing on Windows Phone 8, but only for Nokia Lumia devices in Italy
- PiixL’s SteamOS-compatible Jetpack PC hides neatly behind your TV. On sale next month
- Twitter strikes up partnership with Deutsche Telekom, new widget on the way
- China’s central bank says it doesn’t recognize Bitcoin as a legal currency and warns of risks
- Microsoft expands encryption and boosts legal protections for its data to tackle government spying
- Bringing U.S. investing to Europe – Hoxton Ventures raises $40m VC fund to target early-stage startups
- Need a spare tire or free doughnut? Circle connects you to people and events nearby
- How companies decide what to do with those darned data scientists
- Funding Daily: It’s beginning to look a lot like… dolla dolla bills ya’ll
- Jailbreaking iOS 7: A crowdfunded ‘device freedom prize’ for the first open source exploit
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube