At a time when some states in Nigeria like Lagos and Ogun have set the ambitious goal to achieve a mega city status, one wonders if a silicon city is in their master plans.
By Silicon City, I mean…
Since I started watching the African Technology scene, I’ve seen quite a good number of start-ups from Africa with great potentials. I’ve also reviewed some like Afrigator.
While we’ve also seen several techn0logy events such as BarCamps in several…
Today, I thought I should share some excerpts from a recent interview I granted over at DayoEdunjobi.com, a blog about Blogging, Internet Marketing and Social Media.
Dayo had very interesting questions about the state of the technology, startups and blogging…
In the light of the popular saying: “Once a President, Always a President”, I guess “once a startup analyst, always a startup analyst“, right?
Okay, enough of rhetoric.
Since I started this blog on June 1, I’ve received quite a…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Jason Fried at 37signals.com has an interesting piece which I thought is worth sharing here…
Startups can bring new ideas to market. They can give people a chance to change the world on their own terms. They
Perhaps you’ve launched a startup which has become very popular on the web space, and for some reason, you had to re-launch the idea, website or features of the startup.
Recently, Silicon-based startup Synthasite founded by South African entrepreneur, Vinny…
A few years ago, an ex-Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, said
…the Nigerian government has worked out to invest 600 million US dollars (about 100 billion Naira) to establish
According to UK’s largest business start-up community, Startup.co.uk
UK Prime Minister, Gordon Brown announced earlier this week that the government would invest £150m in high growth technology businesses. The UK Innovation Investment Fund will focus on growing small businesses, start-ups
- How To Block Ads On Your Browser
- Apple Reports Second Quarter Earnings
- Ory Okolloh Makes TIME’s 100 Most Influential People List 2014
- The World’s Most Influential Expert On Mobile Comes To Nigeria This May
- Nigerian-Owned Online Video Marketplace, PublicVine Receives Around $10 Million “Series A” Investment
- Pinterest debuts Guided Search, Custom Categories, improved Related Pins
- Is net neutrality dying? Has the FCC killed it? What comes next? Here’s what you need to know
- Ben Horowitz on Github’s mistakes and startup company culture
- Forget speed, T-Mobile has started building a more resilient LTE network
- Nadella to analysts: I’ll be back (on the earnings call)
- The big lesson from Nike abandoning the FuelBand? Smartphones are the only wearable we need
- Why Facebook’s desktop decline, Apple’s iPad issues are really one and the same
- Will the real content marketing specialists please stand up?
- Hey startups, quit thinking outside the box and start exploring everyday innovation
- ‘Alien Isolation’ preview: prepare for fear
- Pinterest Hits 30 Million Total Pins, Up 50% In 6 Months
- Stewart Butterfield’s Slack Is Raising $30 Million In New Funding
- Mozilla Names Firefox OS Co-Founder Andreas Gal As Its New CTO
- Storyful’s Verification Tech Could Stop Fake News From Spreading On Facebook
- Co-Founder And CEO Marcus Nelson Departs Addvocate
- Hulu Plus Remote Control lets you navigate the TV with your mobile device, switch between the two on the fly
- Pocket Anatomy wins the Boost startup competition at TNW Europe 2014
- Appsfire continues its quest to ‘kill the banner ad’ on mobile with new pull-to-refresh ad unit
- Etsy launches a new iPhone app to help sellers do more on the go
- Mellow’s $400 sous-vide kitchen gadget raises $64,000 in pre-orders in just three days
- The problem is not Uber — the problem is missing regulations
- Pinterest launches Guided Search, Custom Categories, & improved Related Pins
- Pandora’s success hinges on eating terrestrial radio’s lunch, company says
- SaaS database startup Connectivity hauls in $6.3 million
- These smart headphones sound better than Beats & let you chat with musicians
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube