At a time when some states in Nigeria like Lagos and Ogun have set the ambitious goal to achieve a mega city status, one wonders if a silicon city is in their master plans.
By Silicon City, I mean…
Since I started watching the African Technology scene, I’ve seen quite a good number of start-ups from Africa with great potentials. I’ve also reviewed some like Afrigator.
While we’ve also seen several techn0logy events such as BarCamps in several…
Today, I thought I should share some excerpts from a recent interview I granted over at DayoEdunjobi.com, a blog about Blogging, Internet Marketing and Social Media.
Dayo had very interesting questions about the state of the technology, startups and blogging…
In the light of the popular saying: “Once a President, Always a President”, I guess “once a startup analyst, always a startup analyst“, right?
Okay, enough of rhetoric.
Since I started this blog on June 1, I’ve received quite a…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Jason Fried at 37signals.com has an interesting piece which I thought is worth sharing here…
Startups can bring new ideas to market. They can give people a chance to change the world on their own terms. They
Perhaps you’ve launched a startup which has become very popular on the web space, and for some reason, you had to re-launch the idea, website or features of the startup.
Recently, Silicon-based startup Synthasite founded by South African entrepreneur, Vinny…
A few years ago, an ex-Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, said
…the Nigerian government has worked out to invest 600 million US dollars (about 100 billion Naira) to establish
According to UK’s largest business start-up community, Startup.co.uk
UK Prime Minister, Gordon Brown announced earlier this week that the government would invest £150m in high growth technology businesses. The UK Innovation Investment Fund will focus on growing small businesses, start-ups
- Samsung to pay Apple $930 million
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Marvell launches a hardware platform for web developers
- Is Red Hat now the boss of OpenStack? Should it be?
- 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card review: Spacious, speedy and spendy
- Chromecast streams web videos from your Android phone or tablet
- This week on Gigaom Research: picking the right infrastructure, machine data analytics, and tablets
- 10 years on, we’re still getting Facebook ROI all wrong
- Mobile payments: BLE vs NFC isn’t a fair fight
- Fitbit Flex review: the smart fitness tracker that will get you off the couch
- Mxit’s plan to rock India? Focus on feature phones and social change
- 5 ways you can prepare for the shift from ecommerce to ‘all-commerce’
- Google To Release Android Software Developer Kit For Wearables
- Facebook Announces Return of F8 Developer Conference
- Gaming's Area 51: Excavating Atari's Secret Burial Ground
- Pebble Opens Its Appstore For Android And Unveils Some Cool New Apps
- I Failed My Online Course—But Learned A Lot About Internet Education
- Tencent takes a 15% stake in Chinese online retailer JD.com to take on Alibaba
- AMC’s “Halt and Catch Fire” pilot brilliantly depicts the Wild West of the 1980s PC revolution
- Vevo teases overhauled apps and a mobile SDK letting third parties offer its videos
- Google Chromecast to go on sale in “many more countries” in a few weeks
- Google to launch Android developer SDK for wearable tech in 2 weeks
- When everyone says your tech idea is impossible, here’s what you do
- IBM bets its future on cloud, data, and a little bit of hardware
- Pinterest: Yes, governments ask us for data. No, it doesn’t happen a lot
- I punched a TechCrunch reporter in the face and I liked it (video)
- Google developing SDK to make Android the standard for wearables
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube