At a time when some states in Nigeria like Lagos and Ogun have set the ambitious goal to achieve a mega city status, one wonders if a silicon city is in their master plans.
By Silicon City, I mean…
Since I started watching the African Technology scene, I’ve seen quite a good number of start-ups from Africa with great potentials. I’ve also reviewed some like Afrigator.
While we’ve also seen several techn0logy events such as BarCamps in several…
Today, I thought I should share some excerpts from a recent interview I granted over at DayoEdunjobi.com, a blog about Blogging, Internet Marketing and Social Media.
Dayo had very interesting questions about the state of the technology, startups and blogging…
In the light of the popular saying: “Once a President, Always a President”, I guess “once a startup analyst, always a startup analyst“, right?
Okay, enough of rhetoric.
Since I started this blog on June 1, I’ve received quite a…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Jason Fried at 37signals.com has an interesting piece which I thought is worth sharing here…
Startups can bring new ideas to market. They can give people a chance to change the world on their own terms. They
Perhaps you’ve launched a startup which has become very popular on the web space, and for some reason, you had to re-launch the idea, website or features of the startup.
Recently, Silicon-based startup Synthasite founded by South African entrepreneur, Vinny…
A few years ago, an ex-Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, said
…the Nigerian government has worked out to invest 600 million US dollars (about 100 billion Naira) to establish
According to UK’s largest business start-up community, Startup.co.uk
UK Prime Minister, Gordon Brown announced earlier this week that the government would invest £150m in high growth technology businesses. The UK Innovation Investment Fund will focus on growing small businesses, start-ups
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Nike has reportedly fired most of its FuelBand team and is getting out of the hardware business
- Turn your Instagrams into a business: Snapwire, a new mobile stock photo website, opens to public
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches despite bad weather
- Welcome to the spectrum-dome: FCC lays groundwork for its controversial incentive auction
- This week in bitcoin: Another creator, another MtGox failure
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Counterforce Protests Tech Using Tech
- White House Declines To Deport Bieber, Pivots To Immigration Reform In Its Official Response
- 214 Technologies Is Crowdfunding A Smart Doorbell Called Chui
- Ask A VC: Next World Capital’s Ben Fu On Engineer Recruiting Challenges
- CrunchWeek: Airbnb’s $500M Funding, Twitter Gobbles Up Gnip, Instagram’s Swapped Username Scandal
- Journey through the colossal ice castles of the American Southwest
- Leave work at work: How to properly end your day
- Watch: Amazing drone footage of a Space X reusable rocket’s first test flight
- Facebook’s Paper for iOS updated with birthdays, events, photo comments, group updates, and more
- Simple is as simple does: The downsides of avoiding complexity
- Microsoft drops $1.1B to grow its data center footprint in Iowa
- Goodbye, FuelBand: Nike reportedly fired dozens of its wearables experts
- Preact raises $4.6M, launches ‘customer success’ service
- Software is eating the world, and venture capital is feasting on older software
- How negative comments can boost sales 40% — under the right conditions
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube