This Friday, I’ll be joining leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design at TEDx in Victoria Island, Lagos.
Are you coming?
A lot of people know and call me by my first name, ‘Loy’, although there have been several written and pronounced variations of that name — Aloy, Loi, Leo, Law, (insert whatever suits you here) — which is a…
When someone I don’t know, never met before, and never spoken to before creates an app for my blog, then I know I’m gradually becoming a web celeb
From wearing jeans and t-shirt at tech events to Zuckerberg-inspired hoodies to meetings, it seems that Nigerian entrepreneurs would soon be dumping their starched shirts as Oo Nwoye is inspiring a new cadre of hip-hop styled Internet entrepreneurs.
I’m amused that Naij, a recently launched news and information portal for Nigeria is currently running a Facebook ad campaign that says it is a better news source than Vanguard. Turns out that Naij sources news from Vanguard and other news sources on the Internet as well, so it does seem that it is biting the finger that feeds it.
The SMS reads:
“Dear Customer, Enjoy unlimited access on all our electronic channels-ATMs /POS, Cards…
A few weeks ago, I was looking for freelance photographers to cover upcoming Techloy events, so I decided to test drive their talents at the just concluded Mobile Web West Africa event.
It was just last week that Sarah Lacy of PandoDaily passionately defended her friend, Paul Carr (Paul De Drunk, if you like), after the majority of The Wall Street Journal readers believe he wasn’t sober. At…
I’m creating a personal logo brand…with my initials L.O and thought I should get some feedback before the final design gets off the oven.
Check out these two logo design samples below and your opinion would be appreciated …
A few weeks ago, my wife returned home with some soup bought from a local restaurant close to where she works which we used for dinner that Friday night. The soup prepared with Oha leafs and assorted meat, fish and kpomo (my favourite) was very delicious and to my delight, so I requested that she makes the same someday.
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Report: Google wants to connect the developing world with wireless
- VMware’s revolving door keeps on spinning
- Australian researchers get closer to scalable quantum computing
- Steering clear of the iceberg: three ways we can fix the data-credibilty crisis in science
- Report: Better Place to file for bankruptcy
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Google Planning Wireless Networks To Connect The Next 1B People - WSJ
- Microsoft And Google Declare A Truce In Their YouTube Fight
- iOS 7 Rumor Watch: 'Black, White and Flat All Over'
- Google Has A Trojan Horse To Disrupt TV: Really, Really Big Data
- Microsoft And Google Bury The Hatchet To Work On A Windows Phone YouTube App With Ads
- Gillmor Gang Live 05.24.13 (TCTV)
- Laptop Week Review: Samsung 700T Fly Or Die
- Google Needs To Bring Emerging Markets Online To Grow Its Business Opportunities In The Next 10 years
- Gmail For Android Could Soon Get A Navigation Drawer
- Do these screenshots reveal a heavily revamped Gmail for mobile and Web is on the way?
- Google, Verizon and Acer offer Chromebook stations and free WiFi to Oklahoma tornado victims
- SideCar updates iOS and Android apps with detour mode, Facebook login support, and revamped ratings
- New Google Glass labs features leak, including ability to give voice commands anywhere in the UI
- Microsoft and Google are building a YouTube app for Windows Phone that serves ads, due ‘in the coming weeks’
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube
New Spin Palace Mobile App
Mobile usage is definitely on a great increase in the digital world. With the introduction of 4G making gaming quicker, Spin Palace have released a new near photo-realistic Tomb Raider Mobile Casino App. The game is in great stereo sound, and available to play for free. The original Tomb Raider sold over 35 million, and is still seen as an absolute classic. The game takes you to the breath taking world of lost treasures, and of course, the exceptional Lara Croft. You can play on your Android, Blackberry, iPhone or Smartphone.