This Friday, I’ll be joining leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design at TEDx in Victoria Island, Lagos.
Are you coming?
A lot of people know and call me by my first name, ‘Loy’, although there have been several written and pronounced variations of that name — Aloy, Loi, Leo, Law, (insert whatever suits you here) — which is a…
When someone I don’t know, never met before, and never spoken to before creates an app for my blog, then I know I’m gradually becoming a web celeb
From wearing jeans and t-shirt at tech events to Zuckerberg-inspired hoodies to meetings, it seems that Nigerian entrepreneurs would soon be dumping their starched shirts as Oo Nwoye is inspiring a new cadre of hip-hop styled Internet entrepreneurs.
I’m amused that Naij, a recently launched news and information portal for Nigeria is currently running a Facebook ad campaign that says it is a better news source than Vanguard. Turns out that Naij sources news from Vanguard and other news sources on the Internet as well, so it does seem that it is biting the finger that feeds it.
The SMS reads:
“Dear Customer, Enjoy unlimited access on all our electronic channels-ATMs /POS, Cards…
A few weeks ago, I was looking for freelance photographers to cover upcoming Techloy events, so I decided to test drive their talents at the just concluded Mobile Web West Africa event.
It was just last week that Sarah Lacy of PandoDaily passionately defended her friend, Paul Carr (Paul De Drunk, if you like), after the majority of The Wall Street Journal readers believe he wasn’t sober. At…
I’m creating a personal logo brand…with my initials L.O and thought I should get some feedback before the final design gets off the oven.
Check out these two logo design samples below and your opinion would be appreciated …
A few weeks ago, my wife returned home with some soup bought from a local restaurant close to where she works which we used for dinner that Friday night. The soup prepared with Oha leafs and assorted meat, fish and kpomo (my favourite) was very delicious and to my delight, so I requested that she makes the same someday.
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Ryan Seacrest funded Typo iPhone Keyboard coming in January for $99
- Yowza: Box touts $100M investment to fund global land grab
- Judge to punish lawyers for frivolous lawsuit over AOL-Microsoft patent “conspiracy”
- In pursuit of the Lunar X Prize, Moon Express reveals its moon-bound spacecraft
- Verizon quietly unleashes its LTE monster, tripling 4G capacity in major cities
- Microsoft’s Defense Against NSA’s Dark Arts: As Much Fantasy As Fact
- Don't Expect To Pay With Your Smartphone At The Mall This Holiday Season
- Google Takeout Expands Its Menu, Adds Downloadable Gmail And Appointments
- Measuring Up: My Next Challenge For ReadWriteBody
- The Latest New York Times Web App Misses The Point Of Responsive Design
- Mobile games firm DeNA launches manga app to boost its presence in entertainment
- Videogram updates its iOS app to help you better capture clips that are stitched into a video
- Spotify is reportedly launching a free, ad-supported mobile version of its music streaming service
- Google expands its in-depth article search results with related topics
- Heyday for iOS automatically journals your photos and locations so you don’t have to
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube
New Spin Palace Mobile App
Mobile usage is definitely on a great increase in the digital world. With the introduction of 4G making gaming quicker, Spin Palace have released a new near photo-realistic Tomb Raider Mobile Casino App. The game is in great stereo sound, and available to play for free. The original Tomb Raider sold over 35 million, and is still seen as an absolute classic. The game takes you to the breath taking world of lost treasures, and of course, the exceptional Lara Croft. You can play on your Android, Blackberry, iPhone or Smartphone.