“If I were starting…
The much anticipated Barcamp Africa (made in Africa) which was scheduled for June 4 – 7 in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire has been cancelled until further notice. It is not the first time that an African organized event has been…
Today, I’m excitedly announcing the first edition of the Lagos [Startup Digest].
At a time when some states in Nigeria like Lagos and Ogun have set the ambitious goal to achieve a mega city status, one wonders if a silicon city is in their master plans.
By Silicon City, I mean…
Perhaps you’ve launched a startup which has become very popular on the web space, and for some reason, you had to re-launch the idea, website or features of the startup.
Recently, Silicon-based startup Synthasite founded by South African entrepreneur, Vinny…
A few years ago, an ex-Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja, said
…the Nigerian government has worked out to invest 600 million US dollars (about 100 billion Naira) to establish
- Online car classifieds site, Carmudi receives $10 million to expand its Asia operations
- Online hotel booking service, Jovago expands into South Sudan
- Jim O’Neill invests into Nigeria’s mobile payment service, Paga
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- 4 AXYZ’s 3D printed wood launches on Indiegogo
- Felix Salmon is leaving Reuters for the Fusion network because the future of media is “post text”
- Could the Comcast-Time Warner merger actually be a good thing for online TV?
- Look out, internet: the FCC’s latest “net neutrality” plan is hardly neutral
- IntraLinks buys DocTrackr for $10M to beef up document encryption and tracking
- Nike’s Fuelband failure signals a win for wearables
- Popcorn Time: what the ‘Netflix you always wanted’ taught us about ourselves
- Built in Africa: Shaking Sun’s Akaliza Keza Gara on using tech to tell African stories
- Facebook sucks at innovation and its products fail a lot
- 5 simple innovations that changed motoring forever (and one that could)
- Gillmor Gang Live 04.23.14
- Vevo Releases New iOS App With A Real-Time Feed And Live Vevo TV Streams
- The FCC’s New Net Neutrality Rules Will Brutalize The Internet
- Google, AT&T, Verizon And Comcast Each Spent More Than $3M In Q1 Lobbying Congress
- Apple Sold 20 Million Apple TVs, Which Are Now Far From A Hobby
- Blurb teams up with Amazon for self-published photo books
- Uber likely to embrace new payment methods, including cash, to grow in emerging markets
- 10 Mac apps in 1 bundle – name your own price. Come and get them!
- 7 things you can do right now to protect your vision
- Codecademy leads by example, unveiling a gorgeous redesign of its ‘learn to code’ site
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube