Last August, I gave a hint that Google could be launching their G-Africa Initiative, a series of events in Sub-Saharan Africa for software developers, marketers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Well, I think Google got my hint. The…
As we expect to see new and exciting web and mobile 2.0 startups and applications to be launched in 2010, I thought it would be nice to profile some of the start-ups that were launched in 2009 (or yet to…
When Globacom announced last week Tuesday that their subscribers can make free on-net Glo-to-Glo calls for a daily charge of N40.00 only, in a promo tagged Glo BIIIG DASH, it seemed like the smartest marketing campaign ever in the…
Globacom, Nigeria’s second largest mobile operator recently introduced a new service called Glo Connect that lets their subscribers and customers to interact with their friends, families and loved ones via Facebook.
Glo Connect is a service that allows Glo…
When you are talking about Web 2.0 and social media solutions to searching and finding jobs in Nigeria, Jobberman.com is the place to go to. Launched in August 2009, Jobberman.com is a job search and career development web site…
Skye Bank, one of Nigeria’s leading banks teamed up with Platform, a leading branding company to produce a new high-profile television advertising campaign which shows creative thinking and inspires a great user experience.
The TV Ad demonstrates how Skye…
Recently, I’ve been working on a huge project being managed by one of Nigeria’s top branding companies that will redefine the way we search information about Nigeria online.
The project’s mission is to “organize Nigeria’s information” in one place and…
It is no longer news that Google has been making its footprints across Africa, starting with South Africa and Kenya and now spreading to all sub-Saharan African countries.
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- Bitcoin’s a risky business for consumers, European Banking Authority warns
- IBM shareholder sues firm over NSA “links” and China risk
- Wunderlist set to get conversational as 6Wunderkinder buys Moped code
- Bitcoin no longer bunk? AT&T wants to peek at your searches, and Verizon’s LTE Kaiju!
- Gmail change means faster images, fewer clicks, less risk, says Google
- 14 big security predictions for 2014
- Yahoo collapses, Firefox drops Java and Instagram kills Snapchat: #StuffToKnow
- It’s a woman’s (virtual) world: how girl gamers are dealt a rough hand
- ‘Fake’ Mandela signer gets the Jimmy Kimmel treatment
- Instagram unveils ‘Direct’, says it’s not taking aim at Snapchat
- Workout App Fitstar Gets An Overhaul As It Shows Promising Paid Sign-Up Metrics
- Now With 25M Monthly Users, Social Photo Startup We Heart It Partners With Teen Vogue & Others
- TechCrunch TV’s Goodbye To The Blue Background
- Guitar Hero Creators Tackle Fitness Equipment Next With Goji Play
- Dell Ventures Launches $300M Fund And Inks Deal With Dropbox, Showing Deeper Focus On Storage
- Google+ gets a new Explore experience on the Web, promotes major topics and content discovery
- Sony’s PS4 goes on sale in 16 more countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America
- Russian travel site Oktogo.ru rebrands to Travel.ru following its September acquisition
- Pebble smartwatch gets ‘do not disturb’ setting, multiple alarms and alarm snoozing
- Google launches Google Tips, a site to help you use its 13 consumer products
- SurveyMonkey CEO Dave Goldberg on launches, lazy VCs, and why Germany’s on his radar
- ARM acquires maker of game graphics and lighting technology Geomerics
- AddVenture invests in e-store Nebo.ru and food delivery startup Chefmarket.ru
- Twitter learns the difference between blocking and muting users
- How do you want to spend the next 4 years of your life?
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube