In April’s special highlight of the Opera Mobile Web Report, it answers the question: “In which countries do users browse social sites the most via their handsets?”
In the infographic below, Opera looks at the percentage of users who visit…
Nigeria has become the 5th largest opera mini user in the world, according to the latest Opera State of the Mobile Web report for March 2011.
With this new record, Nigeria has displaced South Africa (now placed 7th) as the…
There are two things that you can’t take away from Nigerians: Facebook and News.
If you give a Nigerian a mobile phone with internet access, he’ll most likely visit Facebook or search for news on Google.
And just make…
The growth of Opera Mini users in Nigeria has increased by over 300 percent since November 2009.
This is shown from Opera’s State of the Mobile Web report for November 2010 which ranks Nigeria 8th above the U.S and Brazil.…
Last year, I wrote about Punch Newspapers subscription-based mobile news service called MobilePunch which attracted a lot of criticism given the fact that it simply makes no sense for users to pay to read news on…
Tayo founded Pagatech in April 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank…
In the recently released State of the Mobile Web Report by Opera.com, Nigeria is the 9th largest country in the world in terms of Opera Mini usage pushing out Poland to become one of the Top 10…
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Moore’s law gives way to Bezos’s law
- Choosing the best cloud based music app on iOS for your CD music library
- I analyzed more than a million bitcoin tweets. Here’s what that looks like
- Sorting through the OpenStack nuttiness
- Nike has reportedly fired most of its FuelBand team and is getting out of the hardware business
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- RIP Flash: Why HTML5 will finally take over video and the Web this year
- 11 Android apps to make notifications more interesting
- The single biggest reason most entrepreneurs fail in 2014
- How to grow an awesome community to fuel your social startup
- Nike has reportedly canceled its FuelBand hardware project [Update]
- Here’s a look inside a typical VC’s pipeline (a must-read for entrepreneurs)
- Which state has the best electric-car savings? (Hint: It’s not California)
- Chinese giant JD.com launches a smart-hardware accelerator
- Two theses for building an entrepreneurial ecosystem in your community
- Chinese Twitter clone Weibo makes $285.6M in its U.S. IPO, shares up 19%
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube