This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
In what seems like a super Christmas deal, Microsoft, the world’s largest software company is offering Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Home Edition at N6,500.00 for 6 weeks starting from the 15th of December.
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Etisalat Plans Support For Local App Developers in Nigeria
- Why Facebook ‘likes’ won’t be a ‘vital’ part of free speech any time soon
- Merging the tangible in the digital era to make magic [Net Prophet]
- People: why we need to put the fun back into gamification
- Do we really need to replicate Silicon Valley? [Net Prophet]
- Innovation, tech and startups: live from NetProphet 2013
- Amazon Takes Kindle Fire HD Tablets 170 Countries As It Ramps Up Its Appstore To Nearly 200 Markets
- Square Starts Mobile Payments In Japan, Its First Country Outside Of North America, In Partnership With Visa's Ally
- OtterBox Acquires Rival Protective Case Maker LifeProof After Settling Patent Lawsuit
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Shipments Hit 10 Million One Month After Release
- Why Does Hollywood Hate The Future?
- HTC Desire 600 debuts with a quad-core processor, Sense 5 and dual BoomSound front-facing speakers
- Jawfish Games unveils its cross-platform, multiplayer service, now on its ‘Poker’ and ‘Words’ games
- Telefonica and Telenor sign on mobile payments firm Fortumo, ups its payment reach by 460 million users
- BSkyB inks £49m deal with Virgin Media Business to overhaul its network infrastructure across the UK
- Alibaba ruffles Beijing government feathers as its Taobao online mall launches hospital booking service
- 3-D printed trachea splint saves baby’s life
- HP launches a 20-inch all-in-one that doubles as a tabletop computer
- AMD launches series of chips that get it into low-power laptops and tablets
- HP unveils an army of PCs featuring Intel’s new low-power processors
- Social commerce is like a unicorn: beautiful, alluring, and almost totally imaginary
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube