This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
In what seems like a super Christmas deal, Microsoft, the world’s largest software company is offering Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Home Edition at N6,500.00 for 6 weeks starting from the 15th of December.
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Today’s social-media object lesson: The NYPD tries for outreach and gets backlash
- Are we nearing the Dropbox moment for the internet of things?
- AT&T banks on Next upgrades to draw in customers and wean it off subsidies
- BaseHealth launches a wellness platform that melds genomics and devices
- YouTube channel launches on all recent Roku boxes
- 90% of U.S. Vacationers Don't Leave Home Without Their Cellphones
- 75% of Brands' Facebook Posts Are Photos, Study Says
- Rocki Transforms Old Speakers Into Smartphone-Ready Audio Devices
- General Motors Is Trying to Limit Lawsuits Over Ignition Defect
- Withings Pulse O2 Fitness Tracker Monitors Your Blood Oxygen
- Here’s why the web’s new domains will change everything… and nothing
- HBO just wants Game of Thrones to trend on social media (no spoilers)
- 7 incredible health tech innovations changing the way South Africans live
- Nigerians are big on change through social media but not so much Facebook
- 4 modern hatchbacks that really didn’t translate well as sedans
- Pause: Shuffler.fm’s awesome multimedia music magazine arrives for iPhone
- Xiaomi launches two routers and a revamped set-top box, will expand to 10 more countries this year
- Akamai: Global average Internet speed grew 27% year-over-year to 3.8 Mbps, mobile traffic jumped by 70%
- Viber for iOS gets a new flat design, multiple image sending and longer video messages
- Sky+ HD customers can now download movies from Sky’s Buy and Keep Store
- Y Combinator’s ‘New Deal’ for startups: More money, same 7% equity
- E-commerce startup Fluid uses IBM’s Watson. Now IBM invests in Fluid
- Vkontakte founder forced to resign after revealing anti-Maidan pressure from FSB
- Weebly races WordPress around the world, takes $35M
- AgeCheq hopes to save app developers and game companies from impending fed crackdown
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube