This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
In what seems like a super Christmas deal, Microsoft, the world’s largest software company is offering Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Home Edition at N6,500.00 for 6 weeks starting from the 15th of December.
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Microsoft releases the Office 365 Android SDK for download
- Slow-and-steady Afinia’s new 3D printer continues to get easier to use
- Secret reportedly raises nearly $10M from Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
- Facebook tells us how we talk about each other
- Soon you’ll be able to IM your waiter for a beer and a dozen wings at your favorite sports bar
- Gigaom Research webinar: the software-defined enterprise: building your business around digital services
- 10 years on, we’re still getting Facebook ROI all wrong
- Mobile payments: BLE vs NFC isn’t a fair fight
- Fitbit Flex review: the smart fitness tracker that will get you off the couch
- Mxit’s plan to rock India? Focus on feature phones and social change
- 5 ways you can prepare for the shift from ecommerce to ‘all-commerce’
- Pinterest’s first transparency report: 12 government requests for data on 13 accounts in second half of 2013
- This is the future of retail: Robotic fitting rooms and magic augmented reality mirrors
- Google is “pretty sure” its data is now protected against government spying, Eric Schmidt says
- Mozilla reallocates Persona developers to other projects, lets authentication system’s community take over
- The power of community: Why we crave shared experiences
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube