Nigeria has made its own mark in the url shortening space with the launch of Yrn.me on February 4th, 2010.
Since Twitter limited web users to publishing not more than 140 characters, url shortening services have continued to populate…
Last August, I gave a hint that Google could be launching their G-Africa Initiative, a series of events in Sub-Saharan Africa for software developers, marketers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Well, I think Google got my hint. The…
A Nigerian MSc in computing student based in the UK has found a new way to improve the performance of Google’s search results. By the way, Google just launched real-time search after a deal with Twitter.
It is no longer news that Google has been making its footprints across Africa, starting with South Africa and Kenya and now spreading to all sub-Saharan African countries.
I got the scoop just a few hours ago that Oceanic Bank PLC (the macro-finance bank, if you like), has banned their (over 6000) employees access to Facebook, the world’s leading social networking site.
This move by the…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Developing a brand image – personal brand or business brand – is one of the most important strategies for success. Corporate brands such as CNN, Coca-Cola, Google, Globacom, Oceanic Bank, Dangote, and a host of others have created a huge…
- The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Samsung to pay Apple $930 million
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- OwnCloud adds $6.3M to its marketing war chest
- This superthin material could help us put displays in our clothes and windshields
- NoSQL company Basho loses CEO and CTO
- Baidu’s Iqiyi overtakes Youku as China’s most popular video service
- Physicist proposes a new type of computing at SXSW. Check out orbital computing
- NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden: Keep Their Hands Off Our Data
- 4 Speed-Reading Apps To Give You Lightning Fast Eyes
- Google's Sundar Pichai On Wearable Tech: 'We Are Just Scratching The Surface'
- Mt. Gox, Mark Karpeles Targeted In Alleged Bitcoin Hack
- 11 Fundraising Ideas for Entrepreneurs Who Don't Want VC Money
- Shopify Examines Social ROI For Commerce Sites, Finds Facebook Dominates But Reddit Is Growing
- Car-Sharing Startup RelayRides Hit With $200K Fine From New York State For Insurance Violations
- Carbon Wants To Kick That Smartwatch Off Your Wrist – And Replace It With A Charger Instead
- TrackR, The Coin-Shaped Dongles That Help You Locate Lost Items, Now Talk To Each Other
- Google’s 10th Summer Of Code Is Now Open For Applications
- Is modular tech a new trend? After the modular smartphone, here’s the modular wristband
- Instagram for iOS app gets a slider for its ‘Lux’ enhancement tool
- Chromebook launcher now lets you search for contacts and trigger a new email or Hangouts message
- SXSlashathon: How rock legend Slash hopes to hack music discovery
- Emoji love: The science behind why we
- Coursera debuts its iPad app (finally)
- Employee management software Paycom files to go public, following competitor Workday
- ProspX grabs $1.9M to be the business insurance matchmaker
- Priceline Group buys ad targeting firm Qlika
- NSA views encryption as evidence of suspicion and will target those who use it, security journalist says
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube