Nigeria has made its own mark in the url shortening space with the launch of Yrn.me on February 4th, 2010.
Since Twitter limited web users to publishing not more than 140 characters, url shortening services have continued to populate…
Last August, I gave a hint that Google could be launching their G-Africa Initiative, a series of events in Sub-Saharan Africa for software developers, marketers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Well, I think Google got my hint. The…
A Nigerian MSc in computing student based in the UK has found a new way to improve the performance of Google’s search results. By the way, Google just launched real-time search after a deal with Twitter.
It is no longer news that Google has been making its footprints across Africa, starting with South Africa and Kenya and now spreading to all sub-Saharan African countries.
I got the scoop just a few hours ago that Oceanic Bank PLC (the macro-finance bank, if you like), has banned their (over 6000) employees access to Facebook, the world’s leading social networking site.
This move by the…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Developing a brand image – personal brand or business brand – is one of the most important strategies for success. Corporate brands such as CNN, Coca-Cola, Google, Globacom, Oceanic Bank, Dangote, and a host of others have created a huge…
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Why Facebook ‘likes’ won’t be a ‘vital’ part of free speech any time soon
- Merging the tangible in the digital era to make magic [Net Prophet]
- People: why we need to put the fun back into gamification
- Do we really need to replicate Silicon Valley? [Net Prophet]
- Innovation, tech and startups: live from NetProphet 2013
- Flickr Suffers Outage Four Days After Major Revamp
- Cubic Telecom Secures $5.2M To Create Devices That Roam Mobile Networks Cheaply
- AngelPad's Sixth Batch Of Startups Includes Companies Working On Drones, Storage, And More
- Online Video-Ad Network Tremor Video Files For Its IPO
- Adly Raises $2M More As It Expands Tools For Social Media Celebrity Endorsements
- Pixplit, the Instagram for social photo collages, now enables private and solo ‘splits’
- Mentor launches an “anti to-do list” app for iOS, pitting itself against US rivals Lift and Everest
- Sony newspaper ad reveals the PlayStation 4 will launch in the UK by the end of 2013
- China’s online retailer LightInTheBox sets IPO terms, could raise up to $87 million
- Flickr’s Fail Panda spotted as site suffers first outage 4 days after its revamp (Update: Now back online)
- Pandora’s 40-hour listening cap translates to a record 700K new paid subscribers
- Funding Daily: Cash for the ‘stache
- Evernote announces reminders as forgetful everywhere breathe easier
- JustFab acquires The Fab Shoes to take on the European market
- LoyalBlocks makes rewarding customers easier with a $9M first round
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube