Nigeria has made its own mark in the url shortening space with the launch of Yrn.me on February 4th, 2010.
Since Twitter limited web users to publishing not more than 140 characters, url shortening services have continued to populate…
Last August, I gave a hint that Google could be launching their G-Africa Initiative, a series of events in Sub-Saharan Africa for software developers, marketers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Well, I think Google got my hint. The…
A Nigerian MSc in computing student based in the UK has found a new way to improve the performance of Google’s search results. By the way, Google just launched real-time search after a deal with Twitter.
It is no longer news that Google has been making its footprints across Africa, starting with South Africa and Kenya and now spreading to all sub-Saharan African countries.
I got the scoop just a few hours ago that Oceanic Bank PLC (the macro-finance bank, if you like), has banned their (over 6000) employees access to Facebook, the world’s leading social networking site.
This move by the…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Developing a brand image – personal brand or business brand – is one of the most important strategies for success. Corporate brands such as CNN, Coca-Cola, Google, Globacom, Oceanic Bank, Dangote, and a host of others have created a huge…
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Ericsson solidifies OpenStack commitment with big assist from Mirantis
- Printoo paper-thin modules bring solar power, sensing and more to 3D printing and wearable devices
- Twitter announces mobile app install cards
- Samsung Galaxy devices will get a custom Kindle app
- Sponsored post: Advertising can be so much more than a clickthrough
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Twitter Introduces Mobile App Install Ads And Integrated Ad-Buying With MoPub
- Yahoo Acquisitions Power Flickr’s New Object Recognition Search, Editing And Video Capture
- Aereo Launches ProtectMyAntenna.org To Explain Its Position Vs. Broadcasters
- Urban Transport App, Citymapper, Pulls In $10M, Led By Balderton, To Roll Into More Cities
- Work4 Raises $7M To Take On Job Boards With Its Social Network-Based Recruitment App
- Isitbump.in could show you how busy your favorite stores and bars are before you leave the house
- Notegraphy, an Instagram-style app for beautiful typography, arrives on Android
- Pacemaker for iPad updated with cover art ‘Mix Moments’ and local iTunes search results
- Eyefi launches cloud service integrated with its Wi-Fi Mobi camera card
- China’s Alibaba will launch its first mobile telecom services in June
- Android device owners, now you can control your desktop from across the room — or the world
- Fire TV: More a chess piece for Amazon than a worthy gadget (review)
- Twitter goes after a Facebook cash cow: Ads pushing mobile app installs
- Web-hosting firm Linode spends $45M on upgrades, hopes to fend off younger competitors
- SpringCM: With this $18M, we ‘want to be in every fight’ with Dropbox & Box
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube