The word is out: Google is secretly working on a project that is capable of making it dominate Nigeria’s Internet ecosystem in years to come. That, I call Net-Colonialism! You may call it Colonialism 2.0, if…
In a bid to help bring more local content online, Google is launching a new service, built to enable knowledge sharing among people across Africa via the Internet.
The new service would allow people in countries across Africa to…
Earlier this week, I announced here on this blog that a Nigerian technology company, Encipher Limited is set to unveil the prototype of their Andriod powered tablet this weekend.
Today, the unveiling commenced as the photos of the Encipher tablet…
Last August, I gave a hint that Google could be launching their G-Africa Initiative, a series of events in Sub-Saharan Africa for software developers, marketers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Well, I think Google got my hint. The…
- This $1 origami microscope could boost education and healthcare in developing nations
- Beats Music raises up to $100 million of new funding
- Rdio is ditching the Echo Nest in response to Spotify acquisition
- Lean in, desk workers of the world, with this crazy standing chair/desk combo
- Cheap, reliable whole-genome sequencing? Not so fast, say Stanford researchers
- Chelsea Clinton To Silicon Valley: Hey, You're Supposed To Be Changing The World
- 'Soft Electronics' Makes Wearable Computing Something You'd Actually Wear
- Raspberry Pi Gets A Sound Card: 3 Ways To Use It
- Volkswagen: 'The Car Must Not Become A Data Monster'
- How The Oculus Rift Can Help NASA Find Life On Other Planets
- India’s Largest Online Classifieds Site Quikr, Raises $90M Led By Sweden’s Kinnevik
- Sherpa’s Shervin Pishevar’s First $100K Cyrus Prize Goes To Dropbox Co-Founder Ferdowsi
- Alibaba Pays $804M To Take Majority Stake In TV And Movie Producer ChinaVision
- Titanfall Goes Up, Xbox Live Goes Down
- Gogo Teases An App That Could Let Travelers Text And Make Calls During Flights
- Smart kegerator can keep track of how much beer your friends drank
- Technical recruiting is broken: Here are 4 ways to hire better
- Forget what you know: There’s no right way to start up
- You can help search for Flight MH370 with Tomnod’s crowdsourced satellite image platform
- Nikon launches “Behind the Scenes” series for photo enthusiasts
- No, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg is not joining Disney
- ComputeNext takes $4M to turn the cloud marketplace into a into a one-stop shop
- Funding Daily: Electricity, clouds, and spam
- Want to save the world from asteroids? Using code? NASA has a job for you
- Game designer will turn a skyscraper into the world’s largest Tetris game
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube