Editor’s Note: This is a guest post by Saheed Adepoju, Co-founder & CEO of Encipher Group where he shares insightful analysis into Google’s possible strategy towards merging the recently unveiled Chromebook with android-powered devices. He argues…
The acquisition, though unconfirmed at this point, follows rumours…
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
A few days ago, I reported that Encipher had just signed a deal with Silverbird entertainment.
The deal which was confirmed by Encipher on their Twitter page would see the entertainment company distribute…
It seems 2011 would usher in a ‘tablet war’ as Starcomms, the largest CDMA mobile operator in Nigeria has introduced a tablet PC called ‘myPad’.
In a twitter update posted yesterday, Starcomms said:
Starcomms introduces its first ever mobile…
At a time when several iPad killers are being released and rumoured to be released, the UK-Nigerian company that has set out to encipher a tablet for Nigeria has just announced a major partnership deal…
Earlier this week, I announced here on this blog that a Nigerian technology company, Encipher Limited is set to unveil the prototype of their Andriod powered tablet this weekend.
Today, the unveiling commenced as the photos of the Encipher tablet…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
I am very excited to announce the official launch of the new Startups Nigeria platform (SN 2.0), built on an open source software and developed by a UK-based software development and management company,
- Online car classifieds site, Carmudi receives $10 million to expand its Asia operations
- Online hotel booking service, Jovago expands into South Sudan
- Jim O’Neill invests into Nigeria’s mobile payment service, Paga
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- A debit card for bitcoin: Xapo solves the payment problem with Mastercard tie-in
- IFTTT adds an Android channel so I made a bat phone
- Facebook acquires ProtoGeo Oy, maker of fitness tracking app Moves
- Verizon loses phone customers as price competition heats up
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi rebrands itself as Mi, expands to 10 new markets
- The big lesson from Nike abandoning the FuelBand? Smartphones are the only wearable we need
- Why Facebook’s desktop decline, Apple’s iPad issues are really one and the same
- Will the real content marketing specialists please stand up?
- Hey startups, quit thinking outside the box and start exploring everyday innovation
- ‘Alien Isolation’ preview: prepare for fear
- Finnish Startup Gets Seed Backing For Its Online Education Platform Play, Eliademy
- NYT Up To Nearly 800K Paid Digital Subscribers, Plans New Food And Opinion Apps
- LinkedIn Announces Partner Programs For Sponsored Updates And Content
- Confide Brings Its Enterprise Ephemeral Messaging App To Android
- Acompli, The Email Productivity App Backed By $7.3M, Goes Live On App Store
- Grab yourself a new TNW t-shirt while supplies last
- Kevin Rose wants to launch another startup, wishes he had stayed CEO of Digg
- Duolingo announces Duolingo Test Center, a $20 mobile alternative to standardized language tests
- Wist for iPhone now recommends the top 5 best places to eat and drink anywhere in the world
- ReSnap retools its print-on-demand photo book platform to work with virtually any big data source
- Stealthy startup turns your phone into a remote control for your credit cards
- Need a ride? Alternative-cab service Lyft hits 24 new cities today
- FCC chairman promises to set ‘high bar’ in new net neutrality rules
- Vocus is marketing automation for the top of the funnel, via 60M Twitter buying signals
- Microsoft shows solid first quarter with Nadella in the driver’s seat
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube