I’m not one who responds to ignorant criticisms of me or my work, but when someone who’s not a ‘tech blogger’ says that Nigerian technology bloggers are not relevant, it becomes necessary to put things in proper perspective.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the consumer Internet and mobile space in Africa, particularly in Nigeria, an extensive network of…
Florence Seriki at TEDGlobal 2007
In the spirit of the International Women’s Day celebration, we present remarkable and influential Nigerian women in web and tech entrepreneurship.
These women have over the last year or so demonstrated remarkable boldness, brains…
Editor’s Note: This post provides excerpts from an in-depth interview by BellaNaija’s Gbenga Awomodu with Loy Okezie (me).
In the interview published yesterday, I shared some of my experiences and successes on the Internet, how the Nigerian youth can make…
Even though Google is a search technology company, they seem to be keen on a lot of things, like helping students become online marketing professionals.
In 2010, Google Online Marketing Challenge saw more than 12,000 students from 60 countries…
At a time when Nigeria’s tech scene is gradually becoming the centre of the world’s attention, a Silicon Valley based startup, Identified.com, founded by Nigerian tech entrepreneurs has received seed funding from some of the Valley’s finest angel investors.…
Last October, I made a 2-week exploratory visit to the place where all of the world’s information is being gathered, stored and organized.
With an unprecedented access to the highly secretive “Googleplex”, acclaimed New York Times columnist Randall Stross, in…
When you are talking about Web 2.0 and social media solutions to searching and finding jobs in Nigeria, Jobberman.com is the place to go to. Launched in August 2009, Jobberman.com is a job search and career development web site…
Sometimes graduates are proud that they studied at a Nigerian University, Polytechnic, etc and at other times, they wonder what they benefited from years of hard work with the strikes and student protests amongst other things that characterize the Nigerian…
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- Microsoft Heeds Gamer Feedback, Dumps Xbox One DRM Restrictions
- Twitter Acquires Local Discovery Startup Spindle, Will End Spindle Service
- Stratasys Acquiring MakerBot In $403M Deal, Combined Company Will Likely Dominate 3D Printing Industry
- Microsoft Was Close To A Nokia Acquisition Before Talks Broke Down Recently, WSJ Reports
- Google's Dart SDK and Editor Hit Beta With Improved Performance, Smarter Code Completion And More
- Apple’s iMessage tops list of New Zealand Telecom’s most-used messaging services last month
- Twitter nabs local discovery engine Spindle, shutters service and moves team to San Francisco
- Red Hat reports solid Q1 2014 revenue of $363 million on growing subscription business
- 3D printing company MakerBot acquired by Stratasys for $403M in stock after selling 22k 3D printers
- Microsoft reverses course on Internet connection and used game policies of Xbox One
- Facebook explodes PTAT, gives page owners more data — and gives marketers clues about news feed visibility
- Zynga pushes for real-money casino gaming with buy of Spooky Cool Labs
- Microsoft reportedly gives up on buying Nokia’s phone biz — a wise decision
- TripAdvisor buys app to cut back your airport-induced stress
- Twitter acquires what’s-happening-now-here startup Spindle
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube