When someone I don’t know, never met before, and never spoken to before creates an app for my blog, then I know I’m gradually becoming a web celeb
No, it’s not a birthday gift. It’s a display of fanboism by an app developer named Olumadunwa Olusanya who I’m guessing reads my blog and thought it’d be nice for it to have a Blackberry app. Thanks, man!
By the way, Olusanya has created similar Blackberry apps for Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija and 360Nobs and I’m guessing that he won’t stop. Last week, I tweeted that app developers should start building unofficial apps for brands, celebs, etc as info apps for fans and possibly monetise via advertisements. [You can tweet me, if you need ideas to make this happen].
The app available on the Blackberry App World is a light-weight content app (643KB in size) built using a Blackberry App Generator that keeps you updated with articles once they’re posted on the blog via an instant notification feature.
The app also has an offline storage feature that allows you to access the blog’s content even when there’s no data service on your Blackberry device, which I find so cool, unlike other apps that requires data service to access its content.
However it lacks a commenting system and only shows the last 20 posts on the blog at a given time.
While its definitely not the best of apps out there, its remarkable that someone thinks the blog deserves an app, even though I’ve been on a long hiatus and haven’t written a post here in the past one month, since I’ve been managing other web properties.
Who knows, I just might become a daily gossip blogger soon following the likes of Linda Ikeji So if you want to keep up with gists about life on the digital lane, why not download the Blackberry app.
And make sure to share the app via Email, Facebook, Twitter or BBM
Related Posts via Categories
- With Love, From Blackberry And Nokia [PHOTO]
- RIM’s Blackberry Protect Now Available in Nigeria
- BlackBerry Messenger Social Platform Officially Launches in Beta
- Crime Spotter App Coming Soon On A Blackberry Phone Near You
- ReVoDa – An Election Report (Mobile) App for Nigeria
- Amosu’s Bespoke Tech Gadgets at ARISE Magazine Fashion Week
- RIM Releases Blackberry Travel App in Beta Version
- GoldSMS – Nigeria’s First Innovative Bulk SMS App
- Blackberry App World To Allow Users “Gift This App” Via BBM
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Record industry finds a new way to squeeze Pandora, but it won’t help musicians
- User experience is the new differentiator. How will that affect the internet?
- Firehost, Linode news shows IaaS life beyond Amazon Web Services
- Thin film electronics may hold the key to human size health care
- Moore’s law gives way to Bezos’s law
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Airbnb And NY Attorney General Prepare To Meet In Court This Week
- AI Experts On The Reality Behind The Sci-Fi Thriller “Transcendence”
- Cognoa’s App Will Evaluate Children’s Risk For Autism From Videos And Other Data
- #Love: I’m Single, Therefore I Tinder
- Hands On With Facebook Nearby Friends [Video]: No More Checkins
- Two prominent Twitter accounts get blocked in Turkey following apparent court order
- PhotoSweeper for Mac whisks away duplicate images
- Microsoft to open 11 new specialty retail stores in the US next month
- Office 365 is now generally available in China, as Microsoft increases its focus on the country
- General Mills reverses new legal policy: Yes, you can like our Facebook Pages and sue us
- K-Cube Ventures stands out in Korea for speedy, ambitious investment style
- Tesla will source battery materials from North America exclusively
- Seattle entrepreneur is turning old soda bottles into 3D printer ‘ink’
- Why Madison Avenue is becoming more like Wall Street
- Google scoops up another high-profile scientist for anti-death project
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube