When someone I don’t know, never met before, and never spoken to before creates an app for my blog, then I know I’m gradually becoming a web celeb
No, it’s not a birthday gift. It’s a display of fanboism by an app developer named Olumadunwa Olusanya who I’m guessing reads my blog and thought it’d be nice for it to have a Blackberry app. Thanks, man!
By the way, Olusanya has created similar Blackberry apps for Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija and 360Nobs and I’m guessing that he won’t stop. Last week, I tweeted that app developers should start building unofficial apps for brands, celebs, etc as info apps for fans and possibly monetise via advertisements. [You can tweet me, if you need ideas to make this happen].
The app available on the Blackberry App World is a light-weight content app (643KB in size) built using a Blackberry App Generator that keeps you updated with articles once they’re posted on the blog via an instant notification feature.
The app also has an offline storage feature that allows you to access the blog’s content even when there’s no data service on your Blackberry device, which I find so cool, unlike other apps that requires data service to access its content.
However it lacks a commenting system and only shows the last 20 posts on the blog at a given time.
While its definitely not the best of apps out there, its remarkable that someone thinks the blog deserves an app, even though I’ve been on a long hiatus and haven’t written a post here in the past one month, since I’ve been managing other web properties.
Who knows, I just might become a daily gossip blogger soon following the likes of Linda Ikeji So if you want to keep up with gists about life on the digital lane, why not download the Blackberry app.
And make sure to share the app via Email, Facebook, Twitter or BBM
Related Posts via Categories
- With Love, From Blackberry And Nokia [PHOTO]
- RIM’s Blackberry Protect Now Available in Nigeria
- BlackBerry Messenger Social Platform Officially Launches in Beta
- Crime Spotter App Coming Soon On A Blackberry Phone Near You
- ReVoDa – An Election Report (Mobile) App for Nigeria
- Amosu’s Bespoke Tech Gadgets at ARISE Magazine Fashion Week
- RIM Releases Blackberry Travel App in Beta Version
- GoldSMS – Nigeria’s First Innovative Bulk SMS App
- Blackberry App World To Allow Users “Gift This App” Via BBM
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Facebook’s Middle East and Africa boss on ads, mobile and the scramble for Africa
- The Internet of Things could play a massive role in the future of healthcare: here’s how
- Female entrepreneurs in Africa are on the rise
- Goodbye iPhone, hello BlackBerry: my week with the Z10
- Taxi app Uber’s strategy for gaining customers in Asia? Puppy deliveries
- Andy Rubin Built Android, Now He's Engineering Robots For Google
- Google May be Planning To Port Chrome Apps Everywhere
- Mashery Gets Into The Hackathon Business
- Google Ups The Ante Against Amazon's Cloud, And That's A Good Thing For Business
- Spotify Demystifies Its Business Model, Sort Of—But Disgruntled Artists May Not Care
- Leaked Uber Numbers, Which We've Confirmed, Point To Over $1B Gross, $213M Revenue
- Yahoo Closes Above $38 For The First Time Since Early 2006
- Publishing Platform Medium Keeps Iterating With New Photo, Layout Tools And Collection Controls
- NSA Reportedly Tracking Cell Phone Location Data
- RISD President John Maeda Departing To Become First Design Partner At Kleiner Perkins
- Why Twitter should focus on even more local features
- Google Search for Android can now show results from inside third-party apps and Google Play app listings
- TouchCast brings its ‘TV studio in a box’ service to Windows desktop devices
- Microsoft to launch Windows Azure Region for Brazil in early 2014, its first major expansion into South America
- Cyber Monday 2013 mobile shopping: PayPal sees 93.6% increase, eBay Enterprise sees orders rise 88%
- Domo ‘starting to crank’ with across-the-board analytics tool, exec says
- Monetate takes an extra $8M to power holiday shopping online
- New Uber delivery option: first condoms, then cats … now $135 Christmas trees
- Xbox One or PlayStation 4? The GamesBeat community chooses
- The 3 big problems in big data (hint: they all involve people)
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube