When someone I don’t know, never met before, and never spoken to before creates an app for my blog, then I know I’m gradually becoming a web celeb
No, it’s not a birthday gift. It’s a display of fanboism by an app developer named Olumadunwa Olusanya who I’m guessing reads my blog and thought it’d be nice for it to have a Blackberry app. Thanks, man!
By the way, Olusanya has created similar Blackberry apps for Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija and 360Nobs and I’m guessing that he won’t stop. Last week, I tweeted that app developers should start building unofficial apps for brands, celebs, etc as info apps for fans and possibly monetise via advertisements. [You can tweet me, if you need ideas to make this happen].
The app available on the Blackberry App World is a light-weight content app (643KB in size) built using a Blackberry App Generator that keeps you updated with articles once they’re posted on the blog via an instant notification feature.
The app also has an offline storage feature that allows you to access the blog’s content even when there’s no data service on your Blackberry device, which I find so cool, unlike other apps that requires data service to access its content.
However it lacks a commenting system and only shows the last 20 posts on the blog at a given time.
While its definitely not the best of apps out there, its remarkable that someone thinks the blog deserves an app, even though I’ve been on a long hiatus and haven’t written a post here in the past one month, since I’ve been managing other web properties.
Who knows, I just might become a daily gossip blogger soon following the likes of Linda Ikeji So if you want to keep up with gists about life on the digital lane, why not download the Blackberry app.
And make sure to share the app via Email, Facebook, Twitter or BBM
Related Posts via Categories
- With Love, From Blackberry And Nokia [PHOTO]
- RIM’s Blackberry Protect Now Available in Nigeria
- BlackBerry Messenger Social Platform Officially Launches in Beta
- Crime Spotter App Coming Soon On A Blackberry Phone Near You
- ReVoDa – An Election Report (Mobile) App for Nigeria
- Amosu’s Bespoke Tech Gadgets at ARISE Magazine Fashion Week
- RIM Releases Blackberry Travel App in Beta Version
- GoldSMS – Nigeria’s First Innovative Bulk SMS App
- Blackberry App World To Allow Users “Gift This App” Via BBM
- The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Samsung to pay Apple $930 million
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- OwnCloud adds $6.3M to its marketing war chest
- This superthin material could help us put displays in our clothes and windshields
- NoSQL company Basho loses CEO and CTO
- Baidu’s Iqiyi overtakes Youku as China’s most popular video service
- Physicist proposes a new type of computing at SXSW. Check out orbital computing
- NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden: Keep Their Hands Off Our Data
- 4 Speed-Reading Apps To Give You Lightning Fast Eyes
- Google's Sundar Pichai On Wearable Tech: 'We Are Just Scratching The Surface'
- Mt. Gox, Mark Karpeles Targeted In Alleged Bitcoin Hack
- 11 Fundraising Ideas for Entrepreneurs Who Don't Want VC Money
- Shopify Examines Social ROI For Commerce Sites, Finds Facebook Dominates But Reddit Is Growing
- Car-Sharing Startup RelayRides Hit With $200K Fine From New York State For Insurance Violations
- Carbon Wants To Kick That Smartwatch Off Your Wrist – And Replace It With A Charger Instead
- TrackR, The Coin-Shaped Dongles That Help You Locate Lost Items, Now Talk To Each Other
- Google’s 10th Summer Of Code Is Now Open For Applications
- Is modular tech a new trend? After the modular smartphone, here’s the modular wristband
- Instagram for iOS app gets a slider for its ‘Lux’ enhancement tool
- Chromebook launcher now lets you search for contacts and trigger a new email or Hangouts message
- SXSlashathon: How rock legend Slash hopes to hack music discovery
- Emoji love: The science behind why we
- Coursera debuts its iPad app (finally)
- Employee management software Paycom files to go public, following competitor Workday
- ProspX grabs $1.9M to be the business insurance matchmaker
- Priceline Group buys ad targeting firm Qlika
- NSA views encryption as evidence of suspicion and will target those who use it, security journalist says
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube