#CashlessLagos: Why Should Access Bank Charge Customers To Use Its Electronic Channels?
The SMS reads:
“Dear Customer, Enjoy unlimited access on all our electronic channels-ATMs /POS, Cards and Intra bank transfers on accessonline for just N100 monthly.”
Granted, banks charge between N50-N100, when customers are making withdrawals from ATM machines other than their banks’.
My concern is why banks such as Access Bank should be charging its own customers to use its own electronic channels.
Isn’t the cashless policy a way to generate more cash for these financial institutions?
In my opinion, the banks are benefiting more from this policy than its customers.
What are your thoughts?
Related Posts via Categories
- CNN Gaffes On African Tech Voices List. Literally.
- Facebook Account Gets Budget Allocation in Nigerian Government?
- How IROKOtv could become the ‘Netflix of Africa’
- Announcing Pre-Release of Techloy Directory!
- Why Google’s Project GNBO Is Net-Colonialism!
- @MobitelNigeria Doesn’t Just Tweet, They Listen To Customer Twiplaints
- TechLoy.com, the new blog in the tech bloc
- Nigerian URL Shortener Yrn.me Redesigns
- Tech Round-up: This Week’s Hottest Tech Stories
- World IPv6 Day: Only 16 Nigerian Institutions Are IPv6 Ready
- TECNO Launches The P3, Its Latest Android-Based Budget Smartphone [PHOTOS]
- Leading Online Store Solution, WebMallNG.com Launches Its Gift Registry
- PHOTOS: Day One At Mobile Web West Africa 2013 [GALLERY]
- PriceCheck Wins Blackberry App of The Year Award
- Adsolut Wants To Be For Nigeria What Google-Owned AdMeld Is For The U.S.
- How cloud, big data and mobile will make the CMO the BMOC
- How to make Twitter the ultimate news ticker
- How iPads, apps and YouTube can be a band’s best practice tools
- Why Yahoo acquiring Tumblr for $1 billion makes a certain horrible kind of sense
- We’ve entered the age of emotional, design-centric, e-commerce
- The Internet of Things: In action
- Autodesk buys Tinkercad, saving the easy to use Web-based 3D modeling tool from closure
- Developer releases template code to allow almost anyone to create a Google Glass app
- Lunch date with Twitter and Square founder Jack Dorsey raises $31,600 for educational charity BUILD
- Russia gets its first taste of mobile social banking, thanks to Instabank
- Will Google’s new Nexus Q, the H2G2-42, be the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
- Schooled by Google: How Google Apps is penetrating education (infographic)
- This $22K sniper rifle comes with a WiFi server, USB ports, an iPad mini … and aims itself
- A look back at Google I/O 2013 (gallery)
- Tumblr: 108M blogs and 51 billion posts are worth more than $1.1B
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube