An Italian Professor named Massimo Marchiori has released a test version of a search engine that allows users to connect with others interested in the same subjects. According to Marchiori, Volunia, is “a new radical idea of what a search engine of the future could be.” An author of several web standards, he was first to introduce the concept of hyper-information in search engines, an idea later developed by companies such as Google. [via: Bloomberg]
Related Posts via Categories
- Ex-Google Kenya Head Said She ‘Decided To Leave’? Don’t Buy It!
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Has Google Kenya Country Manager Been Fired?
- Naij – Better News Source Than Vanguard?
- My Article About How Google Can Localise Search in Africa Featured BBC Focus On Africa Magazine
- Will Omatek Produce Low-Cost Solar-Powered Tablets?
- What Governor Fashola Should Learn From NYC’s Digital Future
- Facebook To Display Ads on Mobile Apps?
- Huffington Post To Launch 24-Hour Online TV Channel
- New Skype For Windows = HD Video Calls + Facebook Integration
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- How to build your brand with visual storytelling
- Researchers create a more accurate alternative to Wi-Fi for tracking people through walls
- Yahoo’s webmail outage continues to frustrate users
- New vision algorithm will label you ‘goth,’ try to sell you black makeup
- If you’re anything like my wife, you’ll love Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
- Fish rabbit car park: Dubious Mandela memorial signer has a Twitter account
- 10 big tech trends for 2014 and how to use them in your marketing strategy
- Amazon Prime Air: just another pipe dream or technological breakthrough?
- Carmine Gallo’s 3 unbreakable laws of communication [#LeWeb]
- The future of innovation is disruption says Brian Solis [#LeWeb]
- Shopify Raises $100M To Drop The ‘E’ And Become The Commerce Company That Spans On- And Offline
- NSA Reportedly Uses Google Cookies To Target Suspects
- Web Video Startup Ooyala Raises $43 Million From Telstra
- A Merger In Gaming Services: Playhaven, Kontagent Combine In An All-Stock Deal Worth “Hundreds of Millions”
- Uber Offering Lyft Drivers Free $50 In Gas, Signing Perks To Switch Teams
- Facebook to join the S&P 100 and S&P 500 indices on December 20
- Google updates its Keep Web app with new design, option to rearrange lists, better search, and a navigation drawer
- Square opens up its Connect API to let merchants create custom solutions with their data
- Google launches 2D physics library LiquidFun, Google Play games plugin for Unity, and new game categories
- Gmail for Android gets a vacation responder, attachment support for all file types, and printing on KitKat
- Why Palantir nearly doubled its new funding round with $107M raise
- Accused revenge porn site owner arrested and charged with 31 felony counts
- The one feature Snapchat needs to add — and it won’t take $50 million
- Google Ventures helps pour $1.2M into smart kitchen company The Orange Chef
- Infamous brogrammer Pax Dickinson changes his tune, apologizes, agrees to work for ‘Ladyboss’
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube