Over the last four years, I’ve covered a lot of technology startups and companies, innovative products within the tech sector and the people behind them (I’ve lost count), but haven’t had the opportunity to organise them in a database such as CrunchBase.
After several months of planning, we now have a prototype directory with technical support from our partner, 24labs, a technology lab based out of Cameroon.
Today, I’m announcing the pre-release of what will become Africa’s biggest technology database of companies, products and people behind them. Call it ‘Crunchbase of Africa‘ if you like
As it is with databases, it will take some time to populate and update the data and information, so if there are companies, products or people that you expect to see that are not on the database, please be patient.
In the meantime, you can send us info about you, your company and your product, if you would like to be added to the database. In the future, we’ll open up the database for people to contribute.
In the next couple of days, we’ll be implementing a feature below articles that relates with a particular company, product or person that we’ve covered. In the nearest future, we’ll be launching a research unit that will provide data & market intelligence and analytics of the web, social media and tech space in selected African markets.
We’re currently looking for research and data entry interns (paid) at Techloy.com, so if you’re interested, kindly email jobs at techloy.com with subject ‘Research Intern’ and reasons why you want to work with us. Note: You MUST be passionate about tech, possess research and editing skills and have a minimum of 6 hours of Internet access per day.
Related Posts via Categories
- #CashlessLagos: Why Should Access Bank Charge Customers To Use Its Electronic Channels?
- CNN Gaffes On African Tech Voices List. Literally.
- Facebook Account Gets Budget Allocation in Nigerian Government?
- How IROKOtv could become the ‘Netflix of Africa’
- Why Google’s Project GNBO Is Net-Colonialism!
- @MobitelNigeria Doesn’t Just Tweet, They Listen To Customer Twiplaints
- TechLoy.com, the new blog in the tech bloc
- Nigerian URL Shortener Yrn.me Redesigns
- Tech Round-up: This Week’s Hottest Tech Stories
- World IPv6 Day: Only 16 Nigerian Institutions Are IPv6 Ready
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Uber’s Kalanick will likely rule the world while Kawasaki misses out [#LeWeb]
- The Next 10 years: shots of the first day of Le Web 2013 [Gallery]
- Forget NFC payments, iBeacon could change everything
- Is your company ready for the next ten years? Asks Jeremiah Owyang #LeWeb
- 25 tech trends changing our world from #LeWeb founder Loic Le Meur
- Palantir’s Latest Round Valuing It At $9B Swells To $107.8M In New Funding
- nWay Raises $5M To Build Out ChronoBlade MMO Game
- Meet Kubo, The Crowdfunded Electric Cargo Scooter Made By Lit Motors
- Extole Raises $5M To Reward Customers For Promoting Products To Their Friends
- Lovely’s Apartment Rental App Moves Into Its New Digs On Android
- Google is building password-free locking and unlocking into Chrome OS; use a phone, ring, watch, or badge instead
- 61 languages are found on Twitter. Here’s how they rank in popularity.
- Microsoft releases first major Xbox One update, fixes SmartGlass, multiplayer, notification, and wireless issues
- Twitter updates iOS, Android apps with photo sharing via DM and swipe to change timelines
- The Surface 2 and Lumia 2520 are nice tablets, but not nice enough to save Windows RT
- PaeDae gets a pay day as it collects $11.6M to expand beyond mobile game rewards
- FOCUS TRAINR App Transforms Wearable Fitness Devices from Data Trackers into Virtual Personal Trainers
- The future is enchanted objects, not glass slabs
- Just sending an SMS does not protect your users
- Evernote for the enterprise: Huddle rolls out notes feature alongside redesigned iOS app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube