This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
So then, here goes this week’s biggest tech stories (in no particular order):
Now, I’m guessing that there were other major tech news that disrupted our senses and generally caught our attention. For me, these are the ones that I found most interesting and fascinating to write about.
Just in case I missed something that you think was a huge story, you can whisper them in your comments Just allow me do the hyping
Related Posts via Categories
- Tech Round-up: This Week’s Hottest Tech Stories
- Who Will Win ‘Best Use of Technology’ At The Future Awards 2011?
- #CashlessLagos: Why Should Access Bank Charge Customers To Use Its Electronic Channels?
- Silicon Penninsula: My New Timeline Cover By Emmanuel Oyeleke
- CNN Gaffes On African Tech Voices List. Literally.
- How To Become A Blog Celeb!
- Facebook Account Gets Budget Allocation in Nigerian Government?
- I’m going Ticker
- YNaija lists TechLoy.com as one of the top 10 websites of 2011
- How IROKOtv could become the ‘Netflix of Africa’
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Bitcoin stumbles as Chinese government tells banks to stay away from it
- Microsoft moves to reassure foreign governments and businesses over its security
- Twitter signs deal with Deutsche Telekom — T-Mobile users to get homescreen widget in 2014
- Treading the fine line of AWS love and fear of lock in
- Sponsored Research: How story-driven video is poised to take off
- BSkyB’s Sky Go app is landing on Windows Phone 8, but only for Nokia Lumia devices in Italy
- PiixL’s SteamOS-compatible Jetpack PC hides neatly behind your TV. On sale next month
- Twitter strikes up partnership with Deutsche Telekom, new widget on the way
- China’s central bank says it doesn’t recognize Bitcoin as a legal currency and warns of risks
- Microsoft expands encryption and boosts legal protections for its data to tackle government spying
- Bringing U.S. investing to Europe – Hoxton Ventures raises $40m VC fund to target early-stage startups
- Need a spare tire or free doughnut? Circle connects you to people and events nearby
- How companies decide what to do with those darned data scientists
- Funding Daily: It’s beginning to look a lot like… dolla dolla bills ya’ll
- Jailbreaking iOS 7: A crowdfunded ‘device freedom prize’ for the first open source exploit
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube