MobileMonday (MoMo), the global networking event that gathers mobile enthusiasts, developers and visionaries in the mobile space in different countries launched a Nigerian chapter, MoMo Nigeria in March 2011.
This May, the 2nd meetup of mobile enthusiasts and developers in Lagos, Nigeria have been organized by MoMo Nigeria.
The event details are as follows:
Date: Monday, May 23, 2011
Venue: Robert’s (Brown’s) Cafe, 16B Akin Olugbade Street Victoria Island, Lagos.
Time: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM (GMT+1)
Theme: Government Policy & Mobile Business in Nigeria
5:00 – 5:29 Arrivals
5:30 – 5:35 Welcome
5:36 – 5:42 MoMo Nigeria Update
5:43 – 6:00 Theme Introduction
6:01 – 6:47 Moderated Discussion
6:48 – 7:09 Policy Proposals
7:10 – 7:50 Networking + Light snacks
7:51 – 8:00 Closing
Since 2000, MobileMonday chapters have been meeting offline at physical monthly events – around the world – to explore the many new and exciting opportunities of the mobile industry.
MoMo is a tool to help the mobile industry achieve benefits for everyone by spreading knowledge and encouraging people with good ideas to take action.
So join “mobile folks” in Lagos at MobileMonday this evening to examine how mobile tools and technologies can contribute to making our neighborhoods, our cities, our societies, and our lives better.
View photos from the 1st Mobile Monday event in Lagos here.
Related Posts via Categories
- Mobile Web Conference Comes To Lagos in 2011
- How Facebook Dominates Mobile Web Usage in Africa [Infographic]
- Vanguard Emerges 5th Most Visited Site on Opera Mini Browser
- NCC Shutdown Mobile Communications in Abuja
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- ThisDay Newspaper Launches iPad App
- Nigeria Sees Huge Mobile Advertising Growth
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Nigeria Becomes World’s 5th Largest Opera Mini User
- RIM’s Blackberry Protect Now Available in Nigeria
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- European metadata law is incompatible with privacy rights, top legal advisor says
- Twitter partners up with Truecaller to link user accounts with caller ID in India
- Database whiz Michael Stonebraker on the impending battle of the database elephants
- Microsoft calls in the cavalry to push Azure worldwide (and counter AWS)
- Shopify raises $100 million Series C to expand offline into general commerce
- Forget Alan Mulally, Satya Nadella is the CEO Microsoft deserves
- Wearable tech: the future of the quantified self & smart bras [#LeWeb]
- Disruption and the mobile mind shift: welcome to the age of the customer [#LeWeb]
- You need rest: 6 tools to put your business on autopilot this holiday
- GWM C20R: Chinese…but not what you might expect
- Message Received: Instagram Matches Snapchat And Twitter In Letting You Chat
- Software May Be Eating The World, But Open Source Software Is Eating Itself
- The Everywhere Workout: FitStar’s New iPhone App Could Kill Exercise DVDs
- Mozilla Teams With Manufacturers And Carriers For Open Web Device Alliance
- Hey, Where's The Google Glass App For The iPhone?
- Kik Hits 100M Users, Adding New Ones At A Rate Of 200K Per Day
- Highlight Raises $4 Million From DFJ, Releases Version 2.0 Of Its Location-Based Social Networking App
- IFTTT Launches iOS Location Channel With Integrations For Foursquare, Twitter, Instagram And Facebook
- LinkedIn Refreshes Its Inbox With Message Previews And A Simpler Interface To Keep Users Around Longer
- Instagram Is The Apple Of Apps, Fast Following With Finesse
- Identity theft protection company LifeLock buys mobile wallet startup Lemon Wallet
- Coinbase raises $25 million Series B in largest Bitcoin startup funding round to date
- Friendshippr helps you ‘crowdship’ products and goods via friends on Facebook
- Nimbuzz users can now ‘search and share’ videos and other content from inside the chat app
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas comes to iOS, headed to Android and Windows Phone soon
- Berlin’s Readmill pushes social reading to get an edge on the crowd
- The health-tech booster shot: Bringing health care into the 21st century
- DrChrono to developers: Use our API to help us fix health care
- Funding Daily: Christmas comes early
- American Efficient launches energy-saving marketplaces with $2.5M in funding
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube