The TechLoy Survey Results Are Out! See The Winning Responses:)
On March 1, the TechLoy Survey was released asking our readers and fans to decide what kind of tech-related content they would like to be fed with on TechLoy.com
The idea of the survey was to get the best responses that would help us serve the tech community with the best local tech-related content on TechLoy.com, an emerging technology media site at the intersection of innovation, business and culture.
The survey was also a good way to do a TechLoy giveaway: An Encipher-branded Inye tablet, for the best response received.
We got about 60 responses within a week or so and here are the results of the TechLoy Survey!
The graph above shows that 71% of respondents were entrepreneurs, 40% were developers and designers, and 26% were students. The rest were marketers, advertisers, VC/Investors.
Tech topics and scenes?
The respondents of the survey wanted all of the tech-related topics and West-African tech scenes to be covered on TechLoy. Although, startups and mobile were their top choices.
From the survey, 66% of the respondents will search for tech deals on tech products, gadgets, etc on TechLoy.
Tech companies directory?
An overwhelming response from 84% of the respondents shows that a Crunchbase-like information directory of technology companies, financial organizations and start-up entrepreneurs will be a great resource for the industry.
A blackberry app for TechLoy got 50% of the respondents, while 48% of the respondents rooted for an Android app for TechLoy. [I guess we would be building the two apps then;-)]
66% of the respondents will use a mobile appstore on TechLoy to search or list mobile apps, while 31% will not.
Here, 62% of the respondents will subscribe to weekly podcasts, while 29% will not.
Again, 62% of the respondents will list or search for tech jobs on TechLoy, while 38% will not.
Finally, an overwhelming 83% of respondents will list and search for tech events on TechLoy.
We know that the total number of respondents of the TechLoy Survey are a fraction of our entire readers, reach, audience and followers. Yet, we respect all of these responses and would put them into consideration.
We also couldn’t give out the Encipher Inye , since we didn’t get 100 responses as we anticipated. But, we hope to give out one or two in another survey or competition soonest
Thanks to everyone who responded to the TechLoy Survey!
Related Posts via Categories
- CONFIRMED: INYE 2 To Be Unveiled At Google Nigeria Day
- The Encipher Inye Tablet Review by TechLoy
- Take The TechLoy Survey! You Might Win An Encipher Tablet :-)
- TechLoy Mobile On A Samsung Galaxy Note [PIC]
- Will Omatek Produce Low-Cost Solar-Powered Tablets?
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- [BREAKING NEWS] Google Buys Encipher for $2 million
- Exclusive: Here’s What Inye 2 Will Look Like. Slim. Sleek. Sexy [PHOTO]
- Inye 2 Is Likely Coming This March. And Here’s What To Expect From The Tablet
- Encipher in Talks With Opera And Other Content Providers
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Google Planning Wireless Networks To Connect The Next 1B People - WSJ
- Microsoft And Google Declare A Truce In Their YouTube Fight
- iOS 7 Rumor Watch: 'Black, White and Flat All Over'
- Google Has A Trojan Horse To Disrupt TV: Really, Really Big Data
- The First Six Months Developing For The Computer On My Face
- 50M Matches Strong, Hot Mobile Dating App Tinder Is Ready To Go Global, And Move Beyond Flirting
- Google Now's “Topics” Page Returns And Shows You How Much Google Knows About You, But It Only Works On Android
- Ask A VC: Index Ventures' Danny Rimer On The Future Of Ecommerce And More
- Microsoft And Google Bury The Hatchet To Work On A Windows Phone YouTube App With Ads
- More than a year after its shutdown, Google to move all Buzz posts to its Drive service on July 17
- Creative blogging platform Jux to close August 31, cites growth as not being “large or fast enough”
- Do these screenshots reveal a heavily revamped Gmail for mobile and Web is on the way?
- Google, Verizon and Acer offer Chromebook stations and free WiFi to Oklahoma tornado victims
- SideCar updates iOS and Android apps with detour mode, Facebook login support, and revamped ratings
- Why due diligence matters in equity crowdfunding
- DHS warns of vulnerability exposing employee social security numbers
- Peter Thiel’s venture firm to invest in space (exclusive)
- Yahoo continues spending spree by jumping into the bidding fray over Hulu
- Google and Microsoft agree to play nicely on a new YouTube Windows Phone app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube