The TechLoy Survey Results Are Out! See The Winning Responses:)
On March 1, the TechLoy Survey was released asking our readers and fans to decide what kind of tech-related content they would like to be fed with on TechLoy.com
The idea of the survey was to get the best responses that would help us serve the tech community with the best local tech-related content on TechLoy.com, an emerging technology media site at the intersection of innovation, business and culture.
The survey was also a good way to do a TechLoy giveaway: An Encipher-branded Inye tablet, for the best response received.
We got about 60 responses within a week or so and here are the results of the TechLoy Survey!
The graph above shows that 71% of respondents were entrepreneurs, 40% were developers and designers, and 26% were students. The rest were marketers, advertisers, VC/Investors.
Tech topics and scenes?
The respondents of the survey wanted all of the tech-related topics and West-African tech scenes to be covered on TechLoy. Although, startups and mobile were their top choices.
From the survey, 66% of the respondents will search for tech deals on tech products, gadgets, etc on TechLoy.
Tech companies directory?
An overwhelming response from 84% of the respondents shows that a Crunchbase-like information directory of technology companies, financial organizations and start-up entrepreneurs will be a great resource for the industry.
A blackberry app for TechLoy got 50% of the respondents, while 48% of the respondents rooted for an Android app for TechLoy. [I guess we would be building the two apps then;-)]
66% of the respondents will use a mobile appstore on TechLoy to search or list mobile apps, while 31% will not.
Here, 62% of the respondents will subscribe to weekly podcasts, while 29% will not.
Again, 62% of the respondents will list or search for tech jobs on TechLoy, while 38% will not.
Finally, an overwhelming 83% of respondents will list and search for tech events on TechLoy.
We know that the total number of respondents of the TechLoy Survey are a fraction of our entire readers, reach, audience and followers. Yet, we respect all of these responses and would put them into consideration.
We also couldn’t give out the Encipher Inye , since we didn’t get 100 responses as we anticipated. But, we hope to give out one or two in another survey or competition soonest
Thanks to everyone who responded to the TechLoy Survey!
Related Posts via Categories
- CONFIRMED: INYE 2 To Be Unveiled At Google Nigeria Day
- The Encipher Inye Tablet Review by TechLoy
- Take The TechLoy Survey! You Might Win An Encipher Tablet :-)
- TechLoy Mobile On A Samsung Galaxy Note [PIC]
- Will Omatek Produce Low-Cost Solar-Powered Tablets?
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- [BREAKING NEWS] Google Buys Encipher for $2 million
- Exclusive: Here’s What Inye 2 Will Look Like. Slim. Sleek. Sexy [PHOTO]
- Inye 2 Is Likely Coming This March. And Here’s What To Expect From The Tablet
- Encipher in Talks With Opera And Other Content Providers
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- When trying to find innovation, look for the intersection of the physical and digital worlds
- Want to reduce your cloud costs 70 percent? Here’s how
- Why Cognition-as-a-Service is the next operating system battlefield
- Jessica Lessin talks about paywalls, The Information and the virtues of knowing who your audience is
- Bloc Party’s lead singer is releasing a 3D printed record, and so can you
- Nelson Mandela: the numbers behind the internet’s heartbreak
- How the web looked the day Nelson Mandela died: 55+ top sites transformed
- Mandela mourned, NSA knows where you are and Amazon’s drones: #StuffToKnow this week
- Wishes and condolences: Nelson Mandela’s last days as told on social media
- #RIPNelsonMandela: Twitter mourns a global icon
- Evntlive Could Help Yahoo Fix Its Broken Video Experience
- Here Are The 38 Startups Pitching At TechCrunch Moscow Today
- Tune In For The Live Stream From TechCrunch Moscow, 2 Days Of Startups And Speakers
- Verizon Is Acquiring Content Delivery Network EdgeCast For More Than $350 Million
- CrunchWeek: Amazon Drones, Uber’s Leaked Revenue, 23andMe’s FDA Trouble
- Path for Android now lets you share moments to WordPress blogs
- The ‘Visual Revolution’ is here: How one startup wants to help brands become better storytellers
- A prototype of Motorola’s Ara modular smartphone is almost ready
- 4 ways great customer service will grow your business
- Bop.fm pulls multiple services together to make music shareable again
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube