A Nigeria software developer has received an invitation to attend the SXSW event in Austin, Texas, next month.
Apparently, the award gave Shittu the opportunity to participate at SXSW, as he confirmed in a twitter update.
South by Southwest (SXSW) is a private company dedicated to building and delivering conference and festival events for entertainment and related media industry professionals.
This year’s event is scheduled to hold from March 11 – 20 and features conferences and festivals in music, film and interactive media.
Shittu’s participation at the event is important for Nigerian tech entrepreneurs who are looking to build relationships with global entrepreneurs, attract investors for their web companies and scale globally.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- World Famous Hacking Event, Garage48 Comes to Nigeria
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Facebook’s Middle East and Africa boss on ads, mobile and the scramble for Africa
- The Internet of Things could play a massive role in the future of healthcare: here’s how
- Female entrepreneurs in Africa are on the rise
- Goodbye iPhone, hello BlackBerry: my week with the Z10
- Taxi app Uber’s strategy for gaining customers in Asia? Puppy deliveries
- Andy Rubin Built Android, Now He's Engineering Robots For Google
- Google May be Planning To Port Chrome Apps Everywhere
- Mashery Gets Into The Hackathon Business
- Google Ups The Ante Against Amazon's Cloud, And That's A Good Thing For Business
- Spotify Demystifies Its Business Model, Sort Of—But Disgruntled Artists May Not Care
- Leaked Uber Numbers, Which We've Confirmed, Point To Over $1B Gross, $213M Revenue
- Yahoo Closes Above $38 For The First Time Since Early 2006
- Publishing Platform Medium Keeps Iterating With New Photo, Layout Tools And Collection Controls
- NSA Reportedly Tracking Cell Phone Location Data
- RISD President John Maeda Departing To Become First Design Partner At Kleiner Perkins
- Why Twitter should focus on even more local features
- Google Search for Android can now show results from inside third-party apps and Google Play app listings
- TouchCast brings its ‘TV studio in a box’ service to Windows desktop devices
- Microsoft to launch Windows Azure Region for Brazil in early 2014, its first major expansion into South America
- Cyber Monday 2013 mobile shopping: PayPal sees 93.6% increase, eBay Enterprise sees orders rise 88%
- Domo ‘starting to crank’ with across-the-board analytics tool, exec says
- Monetate takes an extra $8M to power holiday shopping online
- New Uber delivery option: first condoms, then cats … now $135 Christmas trees
- Xbox One or PlayStation 4? The GamesBeat community chooses
- The 3 big problems in big data (hint: they all involve people)
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube