GoldSMS is a new and innovative app that lets you send bulk SMS in Nigeria.
The app was developed by Cybergold Integrated Solutions, an ICT company based in Benin, founded by Efosa Edokpolo.
Bulk SMS in Nigeria has become a very popular trend as it makes it possible for individuals and organizations to reach a larger number of mobile subscribers at a time, at an affordable cost.
Now with the help of the GoldSMS application available on Blackberry, iPhone, Android and Nokia smartphones, you can send those bulk SMSes with ease.
The app provides an alternative way of solving basic SMS needs while on the go. With this app on your phone, you don’t need to get on the internet anytime you want to send a Bulk SMS.
The simple design and integration with your phonebook makes sending and replying to messages much easier.
You can also download text files containing multiple phone numbers to your handheld device and use the BULK command on the app to send the message.
Other likely features coming soon are display of contact pictures for a conversation and extra customization options.
The app allows you send SMS to friends and contacts in your phone book.
You can also import a text file containing destination numbers from your phone, save them for reuse later.
The app lets you schedule messages to be sent later at a specific time, whether you’re online or not.
With its cool search functionality, you can search for sent messages by date.
With the app, you can receive delivered reports in a specified e-mail address.
The app is available for download here.
This is quite an amazing application and a unique boost to the growing Bulk SMS market in Nigeria.
Although I’m not a huge fan of bulk smsing, particularly because they can be easily regarded as spam, I reckon that it helps small businesses and marketers reach a wider audience.
However, if only bulk SMSes can be geo-targeted to a particular location or demography, it’ll add more value.
Perhaps that’s a feature that GoldSMS and other future apps should be looking at in their next versions.
Related Posts via Categories
- Get Startupised on TechLoy.com!
- Dika Oha Leaves Groply For Another Group Buying Competitor
- Amosu’s Bespoke Tech Gadgets at ARISE Magazine Fashion Week
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Will Groupon Buy Into Nigeria’s Group-buying Market?
- 10 Nigerian dotcom start-ups that are dotgone
- Kilonshele.com is switched off, not switched on!
- My blog gets an unofficial Blackberry app
- Is Oo inspiring a new dress culture for Internet entrepreneurs?
- With Love, From Blackberry And Nokia [PHOTO]
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- How to build your brand with visual storytelling
- Researchers create a more accurate alternative to Wi-Fi for tracking people through walls
- Yahoo’s webmail outage continues to frustrate users
- New vision algorithm will label you ‘goth,’ try to sell you black makeup
- If you’re anything like my wife, you’ll love Amazon’s Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
- Fish rabbit car park: Dubious Mandela memorial signer has a Twitter account
- 10 big tech trends for 2014 and how to use them in your marketing strategy
- Amazon Prime Air: just another pipe dream or technological breakthrough?
- Carmine Gallo’s 3 unbreakable laws of communication [#LeWeb]
- The future of innovation is disruption says Brian Solis [#LeWeb]
- Google Sheets Gets Offline Editing, Speed Boost And Filter Views
- KeepTruckin Makes Trucking Fleet Management Easy And Compliant
- Microsoft Builds New Tool To Help Gmail Users Move To Outlook.com
- Tipalti Streamlines Mass , Global Payments For Ad Networks, Publishers, Affiliates And More
- Meet Leo, The Lightweight New Way To Send Self-Destructing Messages
- Facebook to join the S&P 100 and S&P 500 indices on December 20
- Google updates its Keep Web app with new design, option to rearrange lists, better search, and a navigation drawer
- Square opens up its Connect API to let merchants create custom solutions with their data
- Google launches 2D physics library LiquidFun, Google Play games plugin for Unity, and new game categories
- Gmail for Android gets a vacation responder, attachment support for all file types, and printing on KitKat
- Why Palantir nearly doubled its new funding round with $107M raise
- Accused revenge porn site owner arrested and charged with 31 felony counts
- The one feature Snapchat needs to add — and it won’t take $50 million
- Google Ventures helps pour $1.2M into smart kitchen company The Orange Chef
- Infamous brogrammer Pax Dickinson changes his tune, apologizes, agrees to work for ‘Ladyboss’
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube