iCandi – A Mobile App That Rewards You When You View Mobile Ads
Have you seen a cool ad that left you mouth agaped? No doubt, you’ve seen a terrible ad too that left a sour taste in your mouth.
How about the thought of being rewarded for the ads you view on your mobile phone?
That’s what iCandi, a new mobile advertising application is offering mobile consumers. (Note: Link is accessible from your Blackberry or Nokia phone).
iCandi supports static and interactive ads, and enables a two-way interaction between advertisers and consumers.
One of the unique features is that it delivers innovative, effective and profitable promotions directly to demographically classified consumers.
How does it work?
Once you install the application on your mobile phone, it interacts with the mobile device each time a trigger event such as an incoming call, SMS, MMS, Email or even when outgoing calls, SMS, MMS or Email happens.
An advert is displayed on the mobile device screen until you respond to your incoming call, SMS, or any other action.
For example, when a text message or call is placed or received, iCandi delivers a relevant ad, based on the recipient’s profile, on the mobile phone screen along with the mobile phones regular caller information.
A similar app which tried to break into Nigeria sometime ago is MyScreen, though it required mobile operators support.
One of the coolest features of the iCandi app is that consumers get only relevant ads on their mobile devices, based on the information they provide on their personal profile.
With the iCandi app, users can also get coupons in form of Qcodes sent to them via MMS to receive free stuff from eateries, restaurants, and other product/service-related businesses.
The app currently has about 200 users since January 2011 who would benefit from a N250 free airtime give-away next week Monday.
iCandi can sure leave a sweet taste in your mouth. You can download the app here to start viewing ads and getting rewards.
Related Posts via Categories
- Google’s AdSense for Mobile Content Comes To Nigeria
- Is Oo inspiring a new dress culture for Internet entrepreneurs?
- Mobicanvas – An Innovative Mobile Site Builder
- TechLoy.com, the new blog in the tech bloc
- How Facebook Dominates Mobile Web Usage in Africa [Infographic]
- Vanguard Emerges 5th Most Visited Site on Opera Mini Browser
- NCC Shutdown Mobile Communications in Abuja
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- ThisDay Newspaper Launches iPad App
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- Bitcoin’s a risky business for consumers, European Banking Authority warns
- IBM shareholder sues firm over NSA “links” and China risk
- Wunderlist set to get conversational as 6Wunderkinder buys Moped code
- Bitcoin no longer bunk? AT&T wants to peek at your searches, and Verizon’s LTE Kaiju!
- Gmail change means faster images, fewer clicks, less risk, says Google
- 14 big security predictions for 2014
- Yahoo collapses, Firefox drops Java and Instagram kills Snapchat: #StuffToKnow
- It’s a woman’s (virtual) world: how girl gamers are dealt a rough hand
- ‘Fake’ Mandela signer gets the Jimmy Kimmel treatment
- Instagram unveils ‘Direct’, says it’s not taking aim at Snapchat
- New Cut the Rope 2 Game Drops On December 19, Check Out The Video Preview
- Leaked Facebook Video Ad Pitch Deck Reveals Plans To Steal TV And YouTube Dollars
- Appsfire Exits The App Discovery Business To Focus On Mobile Advertising, Native Ads
- Nextdoor Competitor Meetey Launches Its Local Social Network Internationally
- The Future Of The iPhone, If Unbound By The Requirements Of Reality
- Google+ gets a new Explore experience on the Web, promotes major topics and content discovery
- Sony’s PS4 goes on sale in 16 more countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America
- Russian travel site Oktogo.ru rebrands to Travel.ru following its September acquisition
- Pebble smartwatch gets ‘do not disturb’ setting, multiple alarms and alarm snoozing
- Google launches Google Tips, a site to help you use its 13 consumer products
- SurveyMonkey CEO Dave Goldberg on launches, lazy VCs, and why Germany’s on his radar
- ARM acquires maker of game graphics and lighting technology Geomerics
- AddVenture invests in e-store Nebo.ru and food delivery startup Chefmarket.ru
- Twitter learns the difference between blocking and muting users
- How do you want to spend the next 4 years of your life?
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube