6 Tech Ideas To Transform Citizen Participation in Governance
In an election year, there’s a need for smart ideas to be injected into governance and technology has a key role to play.
Tech-In Governance is organizing a 48-hour event that would gather ideas, people and digital tools aimed at creating novel web & mobile solutions to transform citizen participation in governance.
Inspired by SICamp, Tech-In Governance would bring together some of the best software developers, designers, marketing communications experts and governance professionals to turn the selected ideas into tools and social start-ups (with a working prototype) in 48hrs.
The organization is currently looking for novel ideas for web/mobile based tools that can help transform citizen participation in Governance in Nigeria.
The key criterion is for all ideas to use web/mobile to improve the participation of Nigerians in how Nigeria is governed.
If you have a great idea for citizen participation in Nigeria that meets this criterion, you can submit here.
Your idea will need to be focused on addressing the specified need (citizen participation in governance), and technology must be central to its purpose and it must be novel (something that’s new and never been done before in Nigeria).
The event scheduled for 24th to 26th of March, 2011 would provide an open space and a living lab with the aim of transforming a set of early-stage ideas into prototypes in 48hrs.
Participants will be organised into teams to work on each of the best 6 ideas.
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Yeah, I’m now @okeziely on Twitter!
- LO and behold!
- What Governor Fashola Should Learn From NYC’s Digital Future
- Huffington Post To Launch 24-Hour Online TV Channel
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- ThisDay Boss, Nduka Obaigbena Goes to G8 Summit
- How Akure Is Building A Promising Tech Startup Culture And Community
- EXCLUSIVE: Google Nigeria Programs Manager Quits, Joins Konga
- Jason Njoku Owns 35 Percent Of Mark Essien’s Hotels Booking Startup
- TECNO Launches The P3, Its Latest Android-Based Budget Smartphone [PHOTOS]
- Leading Online Store Solution, WebMallNG.com Launches Its Gift Registry
- Powermat marries PowerKiss, vows to use same wireless charging standard
- The future of propaganda: A Q&A with Sean Gourley about big data and the “war of ideas”
- Six finalists in the book discovery Publishing Hackathon; winner to be announced at BEA
- Why one startup thinks laying a few bets could help companies convince employees to slim down
- Knewton teams up with Macmillan to bring adaptive learning beyond K-12 and higher ed
- Ditto Turns To Indiegogo For Help Battling Patent Lawsuits (Including One From 1-800-Contacts)
- Laptop Week Review: The 13-Inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display
- Xbox One Makes The Console Gaming Experience Less Lonely
- Sen. Rand Paul Is Mostly Right In Defending Apple's Obligation To Minimize Taxes
- Microsoft Confirms That The Xbox One Will Come With An Incredibly Sensitive New Kinect
- Now you can tour the whole of Taiwan without losing your Internet connection, for free
- Spotify Charts launch to showcase top 50 songs each week, with play-counts now available for all songs
- Flickr, once a poster child for the freemium model, is now all about ad revenue
- Deezer launches Xbox 360 app for its on-demand music streaming service to combat Xbox Music
- Interactive video startup Interlude raises $16m from Intel, Sequoia and other big names
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube