6 Tech Ideas To Transform Citizen Participation in Governance
In an election year, there’s a need for smart ideas to be injected into governance and technology has a key role to play.
Tech-In Governance is organizing a 48-hour event that would gather ideas, people and digital tools aimed at creating novel web & mobile solutions to transform citizen participation in governance.
Inspired by SICamp, Tech-In Governance would bring together some of the best software developers, designers, marketing communications experts and governance professionals to turn the selected ideas into tools and social start-ups (with a working prototype) in 48hrs.
The organization is currently looking for novel ideas for web/mobile based tools that can help transform citizen participation in Governance in Nigeria.
The key criterion is for all ideas to use web/mobile to improve the participation of Nigerians in how Nigeria is governed.
If you have a great idea for citizen participation in Nigeria that meets this criterion, you can submit here.
Your idea will need to be focused on addressing the specified need (citizen participation in governance), and technology must be central to its purpose and it must be novel (something that’s new and never been done before in Nigeria).
The event scheduled for 24th to 26th of March, 2011 would provide an open space and a living lab with the aim of transforming a set of early-stage ideas into prototypes in 48hrs.
Participants will be organised into teams to work on each of the best 6 ideas.
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Yeah, I’m now @okeziely on Twitter!
- LO and behold!
- What Governor Fashola Should Learn From NYC’s Digital Future
- Huffington Post To Launch 24-Hour Online TV Channel
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- ThisDay Boss, Nduka Obaigbena Goes to G8 Summit
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- The internet of things is great for chipmakers and a challenge for Intel
- Spotify gives up on P2P technology for music streaming
- Jasper Wireless lands $50M to connect the internet of things to mobile networks
- They may be filled with trolls, but comments still have value — and they could have even more
- Qualcomm invests in 4G-bandwidth sharing, getting in on M87’s $3M Series A
- How to apply Youtility to your brand: lessons from the world’s most innovative bank
- 10 tech trends every smart government should know about
- The new age of storytelling: 6 games with killer writing
- Tired of #OscarTrial? Here are 3 ways to mute it from your social media feeds
- Bonjour Africa: how language can make for a more popular ERP solution
- How Arduino And Raspberry Pi Can Enhance Your Connected Home
- The Rear-View Camera Is No Longer Just An Option For Cars—It's The Law
- How Microsoft's Cortana Stacks Up Against Siri And Google Now
- Atlassian's Geeky Software Carves Out A Big Home With Developers
- With Gnip, Twitter Is Ready To Sell Your Tweets
- Fired Yahoo COO Henrique De Castro’s Severance Totaled $58M
- Photojojo Gets Into Rentals For Drones And Other Crazy Camera Gear
- Pinterest’s “Choose Your Own Adventure” Could Be A Travel Product
- Yahoo Nominates One Of Its Co-Founders, A Stock Guru, And A Former Walmart CEO To Its Board
- Ad Company Tremor Video Now Offers Automated Campaign Optimization Across Screens
- Sony passes 7 million PlayStation 4 units sold globally
- Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox loses bid to reorganize as Japanese court investigates CEO liability
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn’t the only answer
- Developers excited to build Project Ara’s smartphone modules
- WordPress 3.9 arrives with better media editing, gallery previews, audio and video playlists, and more
- After taking the iPad by storm, Microsoft Office fizzles on Chromebooks
- WeChat ramps up m-commerce offerings with a flight booking service
- More ‘made in China’ coming up: Maker Faire touches down in Shenzhen
- Check out these amazing Tesla Model S hot-rod sketches
- Serious question: Who should pay for Heartbleed?
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube