Announcing the 1st Sowambe Awards. Nominations Start February 1.
Sowambe, the pan-African social media lifestyle brand is proud to present the 1st Sowambe Awards.
Sowambe Awards will recognize and celebrate the best social media adopters, talents, celebs, brands, professionals as well as social web platforms in Nigeria.
The Awards would have about 25 categories and will allow participants to nominate and vote online for a period of one month for their favourites, based on a clear understanding and good judgment on activities in the social web.
Based on ideas and suggestions from Sowambe’s editorial team and fans, a total of 22 categories have emerged. Your suggestions, opinions, complaints are welcome.
Best Social Media Personality
Best Social Media Celebrity
Best Social Media Blogger
Best Social Media Politician
Best Social Media Site
Best Social Media Activist
Best Social Media Designer
Best Social Media Thinker
Best Use of Twitter
Best Use of Facebook
Best Use of YouTube
Best Social Media Community
Best Social Media On-Air Personality (TV/Radio)
Best Social Media Newspaper
Best Social Media Startup
Best Social Media Jobs Platform
Best Social Networking Site
Best Social Media TV/Radio Station
Best Micro-Blogging Platform
Best Social Aggregation Tool
Best Ad Campaign on YouTube
Best Ad Campaign on Facebook
Nomination Period: February 1 to February 10.
Voting Period: February 15 to February 28.
Winners will be announced on March 1.
See details on guidelines on the awards site.
Related Posts via Categories
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Zuckerberg to Startups: You don’t have to move to Silicon Valley
- Manchester United to launch social network for its 500 million fans?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- Omotola vs Jonathan: The Race For 1 Million Facebook Fans
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- President Jonathan May Be ‘Liked’ On Facebook, But May Be ‘Unliked’ On Votebook
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Audio engineering pioneer John Meyer: Stop chasing the next big thing, and go with FLAC instead
- Aereo’s CEO on the future of Netflix, TV sports and the public airwaves
- Sponsored post: Learn & lead: USC Advanced Management Program for Digital Leaders
- Drones 101 and why your August smart lock hasn’t shipped just yet
- Uber adds new $1 “safe rides fee” to UberX rides
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Nest Uses Its Data To Turn Electric Utilities Into Cash Cows
- The Xbox One Still Lags Behind The PS4
- The Rufus Cuff’s Size And Features Lord Over Puny Smartwatches
- Guides.co Aims To Be The Hub For Companies’ White Papers And How-To Content
- Founder Stories: Serial Entrepreneur Karl Jacob Is Up At The Plate Again With Hangtime
- Rakuten links up with Alibaba’s Alipay payment service to increase its focus on China
- A Facebook e-money service could be a big hit in Asia
- Samsung hints that Milk Music will ‘soon’ include ads, and offer a $3.99/month premium service
- Klout to quietly shut down Cinch Q&A app on April 18
- Uber adds $1 “Safe Rides Fee” to UberX rides to pay for background checks and insurance
- Future big data analysts will know everything you did today
- The DeanBeat: Why gamers should be grateful for Titanfall
- HTC taps Samsung’s former marketing head, who helped build the Galaxy brand
- Soon you’ll be able to drive in and out of a paid parking garage without paying
- LinkedIn reaches 300M members, chases the next 3B
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube