Announcing the 1st Sowambe Awards. Nominations Start February 1.
Sowambe, the pan-African social media lifestyle brand is proud to present the 1st Sowambe Awards.
Sowambe Awards will recognize and celebrate the best social media adopters, talents, celebs, brands, professionals as well as social web platforms in Nigeria.
The Awards would have about 25 categories and will allow participants to nominate and vote online for a period of one month for their favourites, based on a clear understanding and good judgment on activities in the social web.
Based on ideas and suggestions from Sowambe’s editorial team and fans, a total of 22 categories have emerged. Your suggestions, opinions, complaints are welcome.
Best Social Media Personality
Best Social Media Celebrity
Best Social Media Blogger
Best Social Media Politician
Best Social Media Site
Best Social Media Activist
Best Social Media Designer
Best Social Media Thinker
Best Use of Twitter
Best Use of Facebook
Best Use of YouTube
Best Social Media Community
Best Social Media On-Air Personality (TV/Radio)
Best Social Media Newspaper
Best Social Media Startup
Best Social Media Jobs Platform
Best Social Networking Site
Best Social Media TV/Radio Station
Best Micro-Blogging Platform
Best Social Aggregation Tool
Best Ad Campaign on YouTube
Best Ad Campaign on Facebook
Nomination Period: February 1 to February 10.
Voting Period: February 15 to February 28.
Winners will be announced on March 1.
See details on guidelines on the awards site.
Related Posts via Categories
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Zuckerberg to Startups: You don’t have to move to Silicon Valley
- Manchester United to launch social network for its 500 million fans?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- Omotola vs Jonathan: The Race For 1 Million Facebook Fans
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- President Jonathan May Be ‘Liked’ On Facebook, But May Be ‘Unliked’ On Votebook
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- Microsoft Heeds Gamer Feedback, Dumps Xbox One DRM Restrictions
- Twitter Acquires Local Discovery Startup Spindle, Will End Spindle Service
- Stratasys Acquiring MakerBot In $403M Deal, Combined Company Will Likely Dominate 3D Printing Industry
- Microsoft Was Close To A Nokia Acquisition Before Talks Broke Down Recently, WSJ Reports
- Google's Dart SDK and Editor Hit Beta With Improved Performance, Smarter Code Completion And More
- Apple’s iMessage tops list of New Zealand Telecom’s most-used messaging services last month
- Twitter nabs local discovery engine Spindle, shutters service and moves team to San Francisco
- Red Hat reports solid Q1 2014 revenue of $363 million on growing subscription business
- 3D printing company MakerBot acquired by Stratasys for $403M in stock after selling 22k 3D printers
- Microsoft reverses course on Internet connection and used game policies of Xbox One
- Facebook explodes PTAT, gives page owners more data — and gives marketers clues about news feed visibility
- Zynga pushes for real-money casino gaming with buy of Spooky Cool Labs
- Microsoft reportedly gives up on buying Nokia’s phone biz — a wise decision
- TripAdvisor buys app to cut back your airport-induced stress
- Twitter acquires what’s-happening-now-here startup Spindle
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube