Announcing the 1st Sowambe Awards. Nominations Start February 1.
Sowambe, the pan-African social media lifestyle brand is proud to present the 1st Sowambe Awards.
Sowambe Awards will recognize and celebrate the best social media adopters, talents, celebs, brands, professionals as well as social web platforms in Nigeria.
The Awards would have about 25 categories and will allow participants to nominate and vote online for a period of one month for their favourites, based on a clear understanding and good judgment on activities in the social web.
Based on ideas and suggestions from Sowambe’s editorial team and fans, a total of 22 categories have emerged. Your suggestions, opinions, complaints are welcome.
Best Social Media Personality
Best Social Media Celebrity
Best Social Media Blogger
Best Social Media Politician
Best Social Media Site
Best Social Media Activist
Best Social Media Designer
Best Social Media Thinker
Best Use of Twitter
Best Use of Facebook
Best Use of YouTube
Best Social Media Community
Best Social Media On-Air Personality (TV/Radio)
Best Social Media Newspaper
Best Social Media Startup
Best Social Media Jobs Platform
Best Social Networking Site
Best Social Media TV/Radio Station
Best Micro-Blogging Platform
Best Social Aggregation Tool
Best Ad Campaign on YouTube
Best Ad Campaign on Facebook
Nomination Period: February 1 to February 10.
Voting Period: February 15 to February 28.
Winners will be announced on March 1.
See details on guidelines on the awards site.
Related Posts via Categories
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Zuckerberg to Startups: You don’t have to move to Silicon Valley
- Manchester United to launch social network for its 500 million fans?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- Omotola vs Jonathan: The Race For 1 Million Facebook Fans
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- President Jonathan May Be ‘Liked’ On Facebook, But May Be ‘Unliked’ On Votebook
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Microsoft releases the Office 365 Android SDK for download
- Google, Samsung ask China to limit Microsoft-Nokia deal
- Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto denies creating Bitcoin in AP interview
- The haves, the have-nots and the exploited: How technology is helping the most helpless
- Data science: Not a real thing, or a thing not worth less than six figures?
- Braintree coaxes startup onto its payments service with $50K in free transactions
- Op3nvoice wants to be the Google of the visual and vocal web
- Sean Parker Leaves Founders Fund
- Hointer’s Vision Of The Future Of Retail Uses Robots To Put The Focus On Shopping Experience
- Google Expands Apps Partner Programs With Tech Track, Opens Cloud Partner Program To More Businesses
- Tech Rights Lawyer And Entrepreneur Christina Gagnier Is Running For Congress
- TC Makers: Check Out The Georgia Tech Invention Studio Where Students Build The Future
- BlackBerry changes approval date for its BlackBerry 10 app incentive program, enrages unpaid developers
- Vine updates its rules and terms of service to prohibit explicit sexual content
- Why mobile developers should refocus their market from China to India
- Jack Tretton to step down as CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America
- How to find your passion: The benefits of business experiments
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube