TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice to organize one in Lagos, Nigeria. (Folks in other cities, don’t get too jealous of Lagos:) You can actually organize one in your city!
TechCrunch was founded by Michael Arrington on June 11, 2005, as a weblog dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. In addition to covering new companies, they profile existing companies that are making an impact (commercial and/or cultural) on the new web space.
I’ve been a huge fan of TechCrunch since 2007 and was my inspiration for founding StartupsNigeria.com in 2008. Since then, I’ve been called the ‘Michael Arrington of Nigeria’:-)
Oh enough of that touting folks…here’s what I know: My name is Loy Okezie and I’m passionate about technology, startups and new media and obsessively profile and review internet innovations and startup companies from Nigeria.
Does that make me Michael Arrington? I doubt.
So if you’re passionate about technology and would love to celebrate five incredible years in tech with TechCrunch, join me and other tech enthusiasts on Friday, June 11 at 8pm. (Venue to be announced soon).
TechCrunch Meetup Lagos will gather people who are passionate about technology at a face-to-face Meetup to share experiences, some drinks and food at a local restaurant or bar. You can sign up here for free.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- World Famous Hacking Event, Garage48 Comes to Nigeria
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Etisalat Plans Support For Local App Developers in Nigeria
- How Akure Is Building A Promising Tech Startup Culture And Community
- Ericsson, Nokia Siemens lay the groundwork for HetNet with new Wi-Fi technology
- If Fisker goes for $20M, that’s an over 99 percent discount from its peak valuation
- Google plans to bring its own voice search to the iPhone and iPad
- Survey: Share your thoughts on Microsoft’s Xbox One
- Twitter does the two-step, gets serious on security with new authentication feature
- Innovation, tech and startups: live from NetProphet 2013
- The Napster Effect: why Bitcoin really matters
- What the construction industry needs to use social media to its full potential
- 3 steps for accelerating your startup’s productivity into high growth
- Undervalued display ads, mobile: how Tumblr will earn Yahoo billions
- Encoding.com's Vid.ly Integrates With FreeWheel To Provide Monetization Of Universal, Cross-Platform Video URLs
- GiftCards.com Agrees To Buy Giftly To Grow A Mobile Platform
- Twitter Ups Web Security With Two-Factor Authentication Via SMS, But Shared Accounts May Still Be In Danger
- Twitter Introduces Charts By Genre And Popularity For Its #Music Service
- Founder Stories: Parse's Ilya Sukhar On Founding A Startup With Strangers
- Simple to-do list app Clear updated for iPhone and Mac so users can share lists by email
- Google Code’s download option deprecated due to misuse, only existing project downloads to be kept after January 15
- Check out the world’s first job ad integrated into Twitter. Lets candidates apply without leaving the site.
- Docstoc launches ExpertCircle, a product and vendor peer-reviewed service for SMBs
- Rdio for Android and iOS adds Find People via Facebook and Twitter, record label Pages, new side navigation
- Remote Medical gets $8M to bring health care to the remote corners of the world
- Meg Whitman says ‘You can feel the turnaround taking place at HP’ (But not at Dell)
- Startups, it’s okay to be promiscuous when it comes to accelerators
- Why Apple believes keeping billions in cash overseas is fair, and why Congress largely disagrees
- HP misses revenue targets, hits earnings goal as it adapts to weak PC sales
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube