TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice to organize one in Lagos, Nigeria. (Folks in other cities, don’t get too jealous of Lagos:) You can actually organize one in your city!
TechCrunch was founded by Michael Arrington on June 11, 2005, as a weblog dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. In addition to covering new companies, they profile existing companies that are making an impact (commercial and/or cultural) on the new web space.
I’ve been a huge fan of TechCrunch since 2007 and was my inspiration for founding StartupsNigeria.com in 2008. Since then, I’ve been called the ‘Michael Arrington of Nigeria’:-)
Oh enough of that touting folks…here’s what I know: My name is Loy Okezie and I’m passionate about technology, startups and new media and obsessively profile and review internet innovations and startup companies from Nigeria.
Does that make me Michael Arrington? I doubt.
So if you’re passionate about technology and would love to celebrate five incredible years in tech with TechCrunch, join me and other tech enthusiasts on Friday, June 11 at 8pm. (Venue to be announced soon).
TechCrunch Meetup Lagos will gather people who are passionate about technology at a face-to-face Meetup to share experiences, some drinks and food at a local restaurant or bar. You can sign up here for free.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- World Famous Hacking Event, Garage48 Comes to Nigeria
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Microsoft releases the Office 365 Android SDK for download
- Android this week: Moto X gets smarter and colorful; Galaxy S5 on video; Desire 310 shown
- 7 stories to read this weekend
- Slow-and-steady Afinia’s new 3D printer continues to get easier to use
- Secret reportedly raises nearly $10M from Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
- Facebook tells us how we talk about each other
- 10 years on, we’re still getting Facebook ROI all wrong
- Mobile payments: BLE vs NFC isn’t a fair fight
- Fitbit Flex review: the smart fitness tracker that will get you off the couch
- Mxit’s plan to rock India? Focus on feature phones and social change
- 5 ways you can prepare for the shift from ecommerce to ‘all-commerce’
- The disappearing paper: Why cash is a dying payment method
- Why being a partner at VC fund is like running a rising startup
- Pinterest’s first transparency report: 12 government requests for data on 13 accounts in second half of 2013
- This is the future of retail: Robotic fitting rooms and magic augmented reality mirrors
- Google is “pretty sure” its data is now protected against government spying, Eric Schmidt says
- PayPal adds new accelerators, incubators, and Braintree features to Startup Blueprint program
- T-Mobile adds more data to its cheaper plans — but unlimited data is now $10 more
- Get ready for ‘Insta-ads’ — Instagram signs $100M deal with Omnicom
- Epson’s smart glasses try to reach beyond ‘Minority Report’
- Recruiting platform Workable gets $1.5M to make hiring a breeze
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube