TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice to organize one in Lagos, Nigeria. (Folks in other cities, don’t get too jealous of Lagos:) You can actually organize one in your city!
TechCrunch was founded by Michael Arrington on June 11, 2005, as a weblog dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. In addition to covering new companies, they profile existing companies that are making an impact (commercial and/or cultural) on the new web space.
I’ve been a huge fan of TechCrunch since 2007 and was my inspiration for founding StartupsNigeria.com in 2008. Since then, I’ve been called the ‘Michael Arrington of Nigeria’:-)
Oh enough of that touting folks…here’s what I know: My name is Loy Okezie and I’m passionate about technology, startups and new media and obsessively profile and review internet innovations and startup companies from Nigeria.
Does that make me Michael Arrington? I doubt.
So if you’re passionate about technology and would love to celebrate five incredible years in tech with TechCrunch, join me and other tech enthusiasts on Friday, June 11 at 8pm. (Venue to be announced soon).
TechCrunch Meetup Lagos will gather people who are passionate about technology at a face-to-face Meetup to share experiences, some drinks and food at a local restaurant or bar. You can sign up here for free.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- World Famous Hacking Event, Garage48 Comes to Nigeria
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Easter Egg Hunt! We Found the Year's Best Hidden Pop-Culture Goodies
- 3 Killed in Ukraine Gun Battle; Kiev and Moscow Trade Blame
- General Mills Backtracks on Legal Policy After Angering Facebook Users
- 16 Easter Candies Dissected for Sweet Science
- The Videophone Turns 50: The Historic Failure That Everybody Wanted
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Who Gets Into Accelerators? Persistent Men With SaaS Apps, Says Study
- Crowdfunded Gadgets That Talk To Your Home And Charge Your Phone With Wind Power
- Messaging Is A Winner-Take-Some Market
- The Dawn Of Cloud 2.0 And Why Google Started A Price War
- Why Your Favorite App Isn’t Business-Related And How It Can Be
- RIP Flash: Why HTML5 will finally take over video and the Web this year
- 11 Android apps to make notifications more interesting
- The single biggest reason most entrepreneurs fail in 2014
- How to grow an awesome community to fuel your social startup
- Nike has reportedly canceled its FuelBand hardware project [Update]
- DDoS attacks in 2014: Smarter, bigger, faster, stronger
- Everything you need to know about wearables in 2014 (eBook)
- Here’s a look inside a typical VC’s pipeline (a must-read for entrepreneurs)
- Which state has the best electric-car savings? (Hint: It’s not California)
- Chinese giant JD.com launches a smart-hardware accelerator
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube