TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice to organize one in Lagos, Nigeria. (Folks in other cities, don’t get too jealous of Lagos:) You can actually organize one in your city!
TechCrunch was founded by Michael Arrington on June 11, 2005, as a weblog dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. In addition to covering new companies, they profile existing companies that are making an impact (commercial and/or cultural) on the new web space.
I’ve been a huge fan of TechCrunch since 2007 and was my inspiration for founding StartupsNigeria.com in 2008. Since then, I’ve been called the ‘Michael Arrington of Nigeria’:-)
Oh enough of that touting folks…here’s what I know: My name is Loy Okezie and I’m passionate about technology, startups and new media and obsessively profile and review internet innovations and startup companies from Nigeria.
Does that make me Michael Arrington? I doubt.
So if you’re passionate about technology and would love to celebrate five incredible years in tech with TechCrunch, join me and other tech enthusiasts on Friday, June 11 at 8pm. (Venue to be announced soon).
TechCrunch Meetup Lagos will gather people who are passionate about technology at a face-to-face Meetup to share experiences, some drinks and food at a local restaurant or bar. You can sign up here for free.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- World Famous Hacking Event, Garage48 Comes to Nigeria
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Nelson Mandela: the numbers behind the internet’s heartbreak
- How the web looked the day Nelson Mandela died: 55+ top sites transformed
- Mandela mourned, NSA knows where you are and Amazon’s drones: #StuffToKnow this week
- Wishes and condolences: Nelson Mandela’s last days as told on social media
- #RIPNelsonMandela: Twitter mourns a global icon
- Meet The Nate Silver Of Education. Bruce Baker Will Bring Sanity To Reform Hype
- The Open Secret Of iBeacon: Apple Could Have 250M Potential Units In The Wild By 2014
- It’s Time For A Special Regulatory Zone
- Localizing Games For China Doesn’t Just Mean Making Them More “Chinese”
- STI Buys Chalkable For $10M To Bring Its Educational App Store And Learning Platform To K-12 Schools
- Yahoo acquires live concert streaming platform Evntlive to expand its Screen and Music products
- 11 of the best Android launchers and home screen replacements you can download today
- Google News mobile on Android and iOS revamped with customization options, simple navigation, weather, and more
- 5 experiences commerce websites should replicate from the Apple Store
- Google says 91.4% of non-spam emails sent to Gmail users are now authenticated using antiphishing standards
- Academia.edu slammed with takedown notices from journal publisher Elsevier
- Lyft’s new VP brings data-science chops from Netflix, Google, and space (exclusive)
- Top 10 tech trends for 2014: Wearables, 3D printers, mobile money, and more
- Mobile analytics firm Flurry raises another $12.5M
- KidoZen lands $5M to free enterprises from single-vendor mobile apps
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube