Last week, I gave a presentation at the Nigeria Digital Sense Forum 2010 about the startup ecosystem in Nigeria. The event which held at the Golden Gate Restaurant in Ikoyi gathered ICT experts, industry leaders, technology entrepreneurs and students.
Digital Sense Africa is an initiative of Remnek Kommunications Ventures; a group of ICT analysts and public relations consultants, with continental media affiliates as part of its enlightenment strategies to engage Nigerians for sustainable deployment and utilization of technologies in order to make sense out of the burgeoning revolution.
This year’s forum was organized in collaboration with NCC and endorsed by the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA), ICANN, Nigeria Internet Exchange Point Ltd, Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), Association of Licensed Telecom Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), to name a few.
Here is my presentation below. I’ll be posting photos and videos of the event soon.
As we look forward to more and more technology events in Nigeria this year and beyond, I’ll hope to see the many ideas, thoughts and words turn into actions. Perhaps this year’s Barcamp Nigeria with a focus on driving local content would push this further.
It would be great to see one of the break-out sessions develop an idea, brainstorm about the idea and pre-launch a new product time-bound. If you would be attending this year’s Barcamp Nigeria, you can register here.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- World Famous Hacking Event, Garage48 Comes to Nigeria
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Ericsson solidifies OpenStack commitment with big assist from Mirantis
- Printoo paper-thin modules bring solar power, sensing and more to 3D printing and wearable devices
- Twitter announces mobile app install cards
- Samsung Galaxy devices will get a custom Kindle app
- Sponsored post: Advertising can be so much more than a clickthrough
- How to apply Youtility to your brand: lessons from the world’s most innovative bank
- 10 tech trends every smart government should know about
- The new age of storytelling: 6 games with killer writing
- Tired of #OscarTrial? Here are 3 ways to mute it from your social media feeds
- Bonjour Africa: how language can make for a more popular ERP solution
- How Arduino And Raspberry Pi Can Enhance Your Connected Home
- The Rear-View Camera Is No Longer Just An Option For Cars—It's The Law
- How Microsoft's Cortana Stacks Up Against Siri And Google Now
- Atlassian's Geeky Software Carves Out A Big Home With Developers
- With Gnip, Twitter Is Ready To Sell Your Tweets
- Twitter Introduces Mobile App Install Ads And Integrated Ad-Buying With MoPub
- Yahoo Acquisitions Power Flickr’s New Object Recognition Search, Editing And Video Capture
- Aereo Launches ProtectMyAntenna.org To Explain Its Position Vs. Broadcasters
- Urban Transport App, Citymapper, Pulls In $10M, Led By Balderton, To Roll Into More Cities
- Work4 Raises $7M To Take On Job Boards With Its Social Network-Based Recruitment App
- Isitbump.in could show you how busy your favorite stores and bars are before you leave the house
- Notegraphy, an Instagram-style app for beautiful typography, arrives on Android
- Pacemaker for iPad updated with cover art ‘Mix Moments’ and local iTunes search results
- Eyefi launches cloud service integrated with its Wi-Fi Mobi camera card
- China’s Alibaba will launch its first mobile telecom services in June
- After taking the iPad by storm, Microsoft Office fizzles on Chromebooks
- WeChat ramps up m-commerce offerings with a flight booking service
- More ‘made in China’ coming up: Maker Faire touches down in Shenzhen
- Check out these amazing Tesla Model S hot-rod sketches
- Serious question: Who should pay for Heartbleed?
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube