ICT4D Skype Chat: Nigerian Internet Business Opportunities
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, with 1/8 of its population and all the possibilities and problems that come with such size and diversity. It also should be the ICT leader for Africa.
Nigeria has the more mobile phone subscribers, at 68 million, than Egypt or South Africa. And more Internet users, 11 million, than South Africa, and almost as many as Egypt. But it doesn’t have the buzz of either. In fact, it doesn’t even have the buzz of Ghana or Kenya, which combined still do not compare with Nigeria’s size. Why?
Explore the issues behind Nigeria’s silence and the opportunities that do remain, at the next ICT4D Skype Chat:
- Nigeria Internet Business Opportunities
ICT4D Skype Public Chat
6pm, Lagos, Nigeria Time, March 26th
(find in your timezone)
Like our Twitter Chats, this will be a freewheeling conversation around our central topic – Nigerian Internet business opportunities – using the Skype Public Chat function. Be sure to get Skype to join us as we discuss:
- What are the online business opportunities in Nigeria?
- Are they greater than in Ghana or Kenya?
- How can Nigeria regain or extend her lead in online business?
This Skype chat will also feature four noted Internet experts discussing Nigerian Business opportunities:
- Loy Okezie of StartupsNigeria
- Oladejo Fabolude of Digital Crossings
- Sheriff Shittu O. of WebTrends Nigeria
- Oluniyi David Ajao of Web4Africa
So what are you waiting for? Put the ICT4D Skype Chat in your calender now!
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- 3 Ideas That Might Get Seed Funding At Social Innovation Camp
- Zenith Bank Now on Twitter!
- How to Build your Brand via Marketing 2.0 Tools
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Is Netcom The Best ISP in Nigeria? [PHOTO]
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Nelson Mandela: the numbers behind the internet’s heartbreak
- How the web looked the day Nelson Mandela died: 55+ top sites transformed
- Mandela mourned, NSA knows where you are and Amazon’s drones: #StuffToKnow this week
- Wishes and condolences: Nelson Mandela’s last days as told on social media
- #RIPNelsonMandela: Twitter mourns a global icon
- Meet The Nate Silver Of Education. Bruce Baker Will Bring Sanity To Reform Hype
- The Open Secret Of iBeacon: Apple Could Have 250M Potential Units In The Wild By 2014
- It’s Time For A Special Regulatory Zone
- Localizing Games For China Doesn’t Just Mean Making Them More “Chinese”
- STI Buys Chalkable For $10M To Bring Its Educational App Store And Learning Platform To K-12 Schools
- Yahoo acquires live concert streaming platform Evntlive to expand its Screen and Music products
- 11 of the best Android launchers and home screen replacements you can download today
- Google News mobile on Android and iOS revamped with customization options, simple navigation, weather, and more
- 5 experiences commerce websites should replicate from the Apple Store
- Google says 91.4% of non-spam emails sent to Gmail users are now authenticated using antiphishing standards
- Academia.edu slammed with takedown notices from journal publisher Elsevier
- Lyft’s new VP brings data-science chops from Netflix, Google, and space (exclusive)
- Top 10 tech trends for 2014: Wearables, 3D printers, mobile money, and more
- Mobile analytics firm Flurry raises another $12.5M
- KidoZen lands $5M to free enterprises from single-vendor mobile apps
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube