ICT4D Skype Chat: Nigerian Internet Business Opportunities
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, with 1/8 of its population and all the possibilities and problems that come with such size and diversity. It also should be the ICT leader for Africa.
Nigeria has the more mobile phone subscribers, at 68 million, than Egypt or South Africa. And more Internet users, 11 million, than South Africa, and almost as many as Egypt. But it doesn’t have the buzz of either. In fact, it doesn’t even have the buzz of Ghana or Kenya, which combined still do not compare with Nigeria’s size. Why?
Explore the issues behind Nigeria’s silence and the opportunities that do remain, at the next ICT4D Skype Chat:
- Nigeria Internet Business Opportunities
ICT4D Skype Public Chat
6pm, Lagos, Nigeria Time, March 26th
(find in your timezone)
Like our Twitter Chats, this will be a freewheeling conversation around our central topic – Nigerian Internet business opportunities – using the Skype Public Chat function. Be sure to get Skype to join us as we discuss:
- What are the online business opportunities in Nigeria?
- Are they greater than in Ghana or Kenya?
- How can Nigeria regain or extend her lead in online business?
This Skype chat will also feature four noted Internet experts discussing Nigerian Business opportunities:
- Loy Okezie of StartupsNigeria
- Oladejo Fabolude of Digital Crossings
- Sheriff Shittu O. of WebTrends Nigeria
- Oluniyi David Ajao of Web4Africa
So what are you waiting for? Put the ICT4D Skype Chat in your calender now!
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- 3 Ideas That Might Get Seed Funding At Social Innovation Camp
- Zenith Bank Now on Twitter!
- How to Build your Brand via Marketing 2.0 Tools
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Is Netcom The Best ISP in Nigeria? [PHOTO]
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Samsung to pay Apple $930 million
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- MtGox “fraud evidence” hacked and published, complete with Bitcoin wallet-stealing malware
- IBM CEO: We messed up last year but will do better
- Google to release SDK for Android-powered wearables
- Samsung shares detailed look at Galaxy S5 and Gear Fit in official hands-on videos
- VHX goes big with public launch of distribution service
- NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden: Keep Their Hands Off Our Data
- 4 Speed-Reading Apps To Give You Lightning Fast Eyes
- Google's Sundar Pichai On Wearable Tech: 'We Are Just Scratching The Surface'
- Mt. Gox, Mark Karpeles Targeted In Alleged Bitcoin Hack
- 11 Fundraising Ideas for Entrepreneurs Who Don't Want VC Money
- Shopify Examines Social ROI For Commerce Sites, Finds Facebook Dominates But Reddit Is Growing
- Car-Sharing Startup RelayRides Hit With $200K Fine From New York State For Insurance Violations
- Carbon Wants To Kick That Smartwatch Off Your Wrist – And Replace It With A Charger Instead
- TrackR, The Coin-Shaped Dongles That Help You Locate Lost Items, Now Talk To Each Other
- Google’s 10th Summer Of Code Is Now Open For Applications
- Skype for modern Windows now properly syncs your calls and chats, requires Windows 8.1
- Flight MH370′s disappearance, Boston bombers manhunt, and why privacy scares are still overhyped
- Rove’s stylish location-based diary app now lets you save specific memories from your lifelog
- Companisto extends its equity crowdfunding platform to the whole of Europe
- Review: Flamingo for Mac is a better way to use Google Hangouts
- Securing the cloud may be tough — but it’s the future
- Dan Murray to run game division of Walking Dead creator’s entertainment company (exclusive)
- Meet the iPhone Air: An incredibly believable Apple concept (video)
- Sony and Panasonic look beyond Blu-ray in new ‘Archival Disc’ standard
- Energy-sipping ARM-based servers get a boost with Xen hypervisor update
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube