ICT4D Skype Chat: Nigerian Internet Business Opportunities
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, with 1/8 of its population and all the possibilities and problems that come with such size and diversity. It also should be the ICT leader for Africa.
Nigeria has the more mobile phone subscribers, at 68 million, than Egypt or South Africa. And more Internet users, 11 million, than South Africa, and almost as many as Egypt. But it doesn’t have the buzz of either. In fact, it doesn’t even have the buzz of Ghana or Kenya, which combined still do not compare with Nigeria’s size. Why?
Explore the issues behind Nigeria’s silence and the opportunities that do remain, at the next ICT4D Skype Chat:
- Nigeria Internet Business Opportunities
ICT4D Skype Public Chat
6pm, Lagos, Nigeria Time, March 26th
(find in your timezone)
Like our Twitter Chats, this will be a freewheeling conversation around our central topic – Nigerian Internet business opportunities – using the Skype Public Chat function. Be sure to get Skype to join us as we discuss:
- What are the online business opportunities in Nigeria?
- Are they greater than in Ghana or Kenya?
- How can Nigeria regain or extend her lead in online business?
This Skype chat will also feature four noted Internet experts discussing Nigerian Business opportunities:
- Loy Okezie of StartupsNigeria
- Oladejo Fabolude of Digital Crossings
- Sheriff Shittu O. of WebTrends Nigeria
- Oluniyi David Ajao of Web4Africa
So what are you waiting for? Put the ICT4D Skype Chat in your calender now!
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- 3 Ideas That Might Get Seed Funding At Social Innovation Camp
- Zenith Bank Now on Twitter!
- How to Build your Brand via Marketing 2.0 Tools
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Is Netcom The Best ISP in Nigeria? [PHOTO]
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- iZettle breaks out of Europe, bringing its mobile payments service to Mexico
- Now that’s a chathead: Rounds adds co-browsing to its mobile video chat apps
- Yet another YouTube funding: Bedrocket invests in Shira Lazar’s What’s Trending
- SendGrid picks fight with heavyweight MailChimp in email marketing
- Punchey puts up its dukes to challenge Square in the mobile payments ring
- Are you losing it with social media? Here’s how to find your way again
- #YouKnowYoureSouthAfricanWhen: can hashtags shape a nation’s story?
- Lumia 920 review: It’s big, it’s really big, but oh so sexy
- 7 things you need to know about South Africa’s new data protection laws
- Battles beyond the Great Firewall: India shuts out Chinese tech companies
- TC Cribs: Quirky, The NYC Startup Where Unique Inventions Are Brought To Life
- Google Fights Spying Gag Order, But Key Details Would Lack Even If Successful
- The Series A Round Is The New Series B Round
- GameStick Android Console Ship Date Delayed Until August To Refine UI
- The Offline Glass Ensures You Talk, Not Text, At The Bar
- DISH drops Sprint merger bid to focus on Clearwire deal
- Some developers already seeing more active users running iOS 7 than are still on iOS 5
- Nvidia announces new plan to license GPU cores and visual computing patents
- Dell Special Committee slaps Icahn’s new proposal as incomplete, risky
- Google alternative DuckDuckGo hit nearly 3.1M queries yesterday, up 50% in 8 days as PRISM fears rise
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube