ICT4D Skype Chat: Nigerian Internet Business Opportunities
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, with 1/8 of its population and all the possibilities and problems that come with such size and diversity. It also should be the ICT leader for Africa.
Nigeria has the more mobile phone subscribers, at 68 million, than Egypt or South Africa. And more Internet users, 11 million, than South Africa, and almost as many as Egypt. But it doesn’t have the buzz of either. In fact, it doesn’t even have the buzz of Ghana or Kenya, which combined still do not compare with Nigeria’s size. Why?
Explore the issues behind Nigeria’s silence and the opportunities that do remain, at the next ICT4D Skype Chat:
- Nigeria Internet Business Opportunities
ICT4D Skype Public Chat
6pm, Lagos, Nigeria Time, March 26th
(find in your timezone)
Like our Twitter Chats, this will be a freewheeling conversation around our central topic – Nigerian Internet business opportunities – using the Skype Public Chat function. Be sure to get Skype to join us as we discuss:
- What are the online business opportunities in Nigeria?
- Are they greater than in Ghana or Kenya?
- How can Nigeria regain or extend her lead in online business?
This Skype chat will also feature four noted Internet experts discussing Nigerian Business opportunities:
- Loy Okezie of StartupsNigeria
- Oladejo Fabolude of Digital Crossings
- Sheriff Shittu O. of WebTrends Nigeria
- Oluniyi David Ajao of Web4Africa
So what are you waiting for? Put the ICT4D Skype Chat in your calender now!
Related Posts via Categories
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- 3 Ideas That Might Get Seed Funding At Social Innovation Camp
- Zenith Bank Now on Twitter!
- How to Build your Brand via Marketing 2.0 Tools
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Is Netcom The Best ISP in Nigeria? [PHOTO]
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Xyo powers contextual app search for T-Mobile in US and Europe
- Judge says 33 states can seek Apple ebook money, report cites “much work to do” on antitrust
- Microsoft is trying to be the platform company for big data apps, too
- SpaceX signs agreement to operate NASA launch pad
- WordPress parent Automattic said to be raising a VC round that values it at $1 billion
- Just how important is Gareth Cliff to making WeChat relevant in South Africa?
- What Barry Roux and Neknominations teach us about the power of memes
- 5 mind-blowing technologies that will shape the future of medicine
- Built in Africa: Via Afrika wants to use technology to educate the continent
- 8 legendary, ludicrous and utterly lorn Formula 1 innovations
- Online Invitations Startup Paperless Post Raises $25M From August Capital
- Ellen Tries Out Google “Glasses”
- Telefonica, Blackstone Launch Axonix, A Mobile Ad Exchange Built On Defunct MobClix Tech
- HP Finds Mobile Tax Apps Lacking On Security, Privacy
- Investors Send Twitter Up 11.4% Following Gnip News, Adding $2.7B To Its Market Cap
- Google Helpouts arrives on iOS, but only for free sessions
- Google Finance expands to cover the stock market in Spain, Poland, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and Argentina
- 10 things you need to know about Google’s Project Ara modular smartphones
- Getting to $100M+ revenue: Understanding the 3 phases of a startup
- Favstar founder launches Respondly to help companies use Twitter as a service desk
- Spontaneity can be inconvenient, so HotelTonight’s new feature helps you fake it
- You are cordially invited to congratulate Paperless Post on its new $25M funding round
- User retention for Secret is absurdly high: Up to 90% come back
- Can we finally call WordPress maker Automattic a billion-dollar company?
- Here’s how Google can boost the mobile ad market
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube