Earlier in January, Yrn.me’s founder, Ahmad Mukoshy described his “next big thing” as ”a micro discussion platform that allows you to create discussion threads of topics of interest in fewer than 140 char and share with the world in the easiest way.”
Yarnable.com (soon to be launched) is a handy tool for your real time status updates answering the one simple question “What is happening”?
According to Yarnable’s blog:
Quite simple, Yarnable is a free micro-discussion site that allow you to create and share short topics of interest in under 140 characters. It comes with great number of social features such private messaging and friend list.
Yarnable, founded in mid January, 2010 comes in handy for your real time status updates answering the one simple question “What is happening”.
All topics created by users are neatly organised under related categories such as Sports, Movies, Business and even Technology.
Because privacy setting on social sites is often crucial, you can always set your privacy limit from your profile settings allowing you to block or allow public access to your topics. Simple, you can even host private discussions with your network of friends without thirdparty interference.
This impressive web site is coming out soon, will have the 1st private beta release around1st March 2010.
While we wait for this new micro-blogging service out of Northern Nigeria, it’ll be interesting to see how different it would be from Twitter.com, Kukurooku.com, NaijaPulse.com and Gistcaster.com
Already, there are indications that it will look different and unique especially with the categories you can create for different topics. Again, with a lot of issues around privacy (especially on Facebook), it would be nice to actually engage in “private discussions with your network of friends without any third party interference.”
My questions are: Will Yarnable be just another Twitter clone? Will it be unique? Will it impress?
Related Posts via Categories
- Mobicanvas – An Innovative Mobile Site Builder
- Njorku.com Launches in Public Beta, Goes Mobile
- Get Startupised on TechLoy.com!
- Tim Draper Invests in Nigeria’s Mobile Payment Service, Paga
- Confirmed: Yarnable Has Been Acquired By MobiQube
- Njorku, Africa’s 1st Job Search Engine [Exclusive Screenshots]
- Jekajo.com – Discover and Share Nigerian Music
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Njorku, An Africa-wide Job Search Engine Launching Soon
- BellaNaija.com Gets Mobile-Friendly
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- European metadata law is incompatible with privacy rights, top legal advisor says
- Twitter partners up with Truecaller to link user accounts with caller ID in India
- Database whiz Michael Stonebraker on the impending battle of the database elephants
- Microsoft calls in the cavalry to push Azure worldwide (and counter AWS)
- Shopify raises $100 million Series C to expand offline into general commerce
- Forget Alan Mulally, Satya Nadella is the CEO Microsoft deserves
- Wearable tech: the future of the quantified self & smart bras [#LeWeb]
- Disruption and the mobile mind shift: welcome to the age of the customer [#LeWeb]
- You need rest: 6 tools to put your business on autopilot this holiday
- GWM C20R: Chinese…but not what you might expect
- Message Received: Instagram Matches Snapchat And Twitter In Letting You Chat
- Software May Be Eating The World, But Open Source Software Is Eating Itself
- The Everywhere Workout: FitStar’s New iPhone App Could Kill Exercise DVDs
- Mozilla Teams With Manufacturers And Carriers For Open Web Device Alliance
- Hey, Where's The Google Glass App For The iPhone?
- Kik Hits 100M Users, Adding New Ones At A Rate Of 200K Per Day
- Highlight Raises $4 Million From DFJ, Releases Version 2.0 Of Its Location-Based Social Networking App
- IFTTT Launches iOS Location Channel With Integrations For Foursquare, Twitter, Instagram And Facebook
- LinkedIn Refreshes Its Inbox With Message Previews And A Simpler Interface To Keep Users Around Longer
- Instagram Is The Apple Of Apps, Fast Following With Finesse
- Identity theft protection company LifeLock buys mobile wallet startup Lemon Wallet
- Coinbase raises $25 million Series B in largest Bitcoin startup funding round to date
- Friendshippr helps you ‘crowdship’ products and goods via friends on Facebook
- Nimbuzz users can now ‘search and share’ videos and other content from inside the chat app
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas comes to iOS, headed to Android and Windows Phone soon
- Berlin’s Readmill pushes social reading to get an edge on the crowd
- The health-tech booster shot: Bringing health care into the 21st century
- DrChrono to developers: Use our API to help us fix health care
- Funding Daily: Christmas comes early
- American Efficient launches energy-saving marketplaces with $2.5M in funding
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube