Recently, I’ve been working on a huge project being managed by one of Nigeria’s top branding companies that will redefine the way we search information about Nigeria online.
The project’s mission is to “organize Nigeria’s information” in one place and has the vision “to become Nigeria’s #1 search and information portal”. Simply put, information about Nigeria will soon become easy to find; easy to use; easy to share.
With localized business information search functionality, the new portal set to launch in January 2010 will become to Nigeria what Yahoo! is to America, providing high value content on various categories: Business, Technology, Finance, News, Careers, Advertising, Autos, Real Estate, Shopping, Travel and Tourism, Entertainment, Fashion, Sports and lots more.
I’ll be providing more details soon…
What is Version 2.8?
In line with this new direction, I’ve decided to soft launch Version 2.8 of this blog today, which has been designed to review companies and their brand marketing + advertising campaigns seen on traditional media and digital media as well as their use/misuse of social media tools and technologies.
I think that as more and more companies are struggling to build their brand awareness through various mediums, there should be relevant feedback on their advertising campaigns and marketing efforts in order to ascertain how successful and/or effective they are. Most importantly now that customers are beginning to dictate how companies conduct their businesses and expect their views and opinions to be heard by the company.
Hopefully, this new direction could get company execs in Nigeria to start listening to their customers; create a great user-experience through their unique products; develop creative marketing campaigns and thus build an influential brand.
Related Posts via Categories
- Google Offers African Students Chance To Become Online Marketing Pros
- Starcomms Launches Location-Based Service, StarTrack
- Yeah, I’m now @okeziely on Twitter!
- Is Oo inspiring a new dress culture for Internet entrepreneurs?
- LO and behold!
- What Governor Fashola Should Learn From NYC’s Digital Future
- Huffington Post To Launch 24-Hour Online TV Channel
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- TechLoy.com, the new blog in the tech bloc
- Google’s AdSense for Mobile Content Comes To Nigeria
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- NSA’s taste for cookies reveals the danger of marketing-driven web tracking
- Rdio brings its Spotify competitor to 20 more countries
- HP’s new CloudSystems bundle “hardened” OpenStack
- Beastie Boys countersue as fair use fight over “Girls” song escalates
- Twitter ousts Facebook as best tech employer, survey says
- 10 big tech trends for 2014 and how to use them in your marketing strategy
- Amazon Prime Air: just another pipe dream or technological breakthrough?
- Carmine Gallo’s 3 unbreakable laws of communication [#LeWeb]
- 10 of the most iconic phones of our time
- Proper gov’t regulation will fix NSA spying & protect data [#LeWeb]
- Google Sheets Gets Offline Editing, Speed Boost And Filter Views
- KeepTruckin Makes Trucking Fleet Management Easy And Compliant
- Microsoft Builds New Tool To Help Gmail Users Move To Outlook.com
- Tipalti Streamlines Mass , Global Payments For Ad Networks, Publishers, Affiliates And More
- Meet Leo, The Lightweight New Way To Send Self-Destructing Messages
- Digia releases Qt 5.2 with Android and iOS support, previews Windows RT, and launches Qt mobile edition
- Valve redesigns its Steam Mobile for iOS app, adds offline chat, new friend invite area and more
- Angry Birds Go! is now available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry 10
- Japan has overtaken the US as the world’s biggest spender on mobile apps
- YouTube reveals its top 10 videos for 2013 (What Does YouTube Say?)
- PaeDae gets a pay day as it collects $11.6M to expand beyond mobile game rewards
- FOCUS TRAINR App Transforms Wearable Fitness Devices from Data Trackers into Virtual Personal Trainers
- The future is enchanted objects, not glass slabs
- Just sending an SMS does not protect your users
- Evernote for the enterprise: Huddle rolls out notes feature alongside redesigned iOS app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube