Recently, I’ve been working on a huge project being managed by one of Nigeria’s top branding companies that will redefine the way we search information about Nigeria online.
The project’s mission is to “organize Nigeria’s information” in one place and has the vision “to become Nigeria’s #1 search and information portal”. Simply put, information about Nigeria will soon become easy to find; easy to use; easy to share.
With localized business information search functionality, the new portal set to launch in January 2010 will become to Nigeria what Yahoo! is to America, providing high value content on various categories: Business, Technology, Finance, News, Careers, Advertising, Autos, Real Estate, Shopping, Travel and Tourism, Entertainment, Fashion, Sports and lots more.
I’ll be providing more details soon…
What is Version 2.8?
In line with this new direction, I’ve decided to soft launch Version 2.8 of this blog today, which has been designed to review companies and their brand marketing + advertising campaigns seen on traditional media and digital media as well as their use/misuse of social media tools and technologies.
I think that as more and more companies are struggling to build their brand awareness through various mediums, there should be relevant feedback on their advertising campaigns and marketing efforts in order to ascertain how successful and/or effective they are. Most importantly now that customers are beginning to dictate how companies conduct their businesses and expect their views and opinions to be heard by the company.
Hopefully, this new direction could get company execs in Nigeria to start listening to their customers; create a great user-experience through their unique products; develop creative marketing campaigns and thus build an influential brand.
Related Posts via Categories
- Google Offers African Students Chance To Become Online Marketing Pros
- Starcomms Launches Location-Based Service, StarTrack
- Yeah, I’m now @okeziely on Twitter!
- Is Oo inspiring a new dress culture for Internet entrepreneurs?
- LO and behold!
- What Governor Fashola Should Learn From NYC’s Digital Future
- Huffington Post To Launch 24-Hour Online TV Channel
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- TechLoy.com, the new blog in the tech bloc
- Google’s AdSense for Mobile Content Comes To Nigeria
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Record industry finds a new way to squeeze Pandora, but it won’t help musicians
- User experience is the new differentiator. How will that affect the internet?
- Firehost, Linode news shows IaaS life beyond Amazon Web Services
- Thin film electronics may hold the key to human size health care
- Moore’s law gives way to Bezos’s law
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Airbnb And NY Attorney General Prepare To Meet In Court This Week
- AI Experts On The Reality Behind The Sci-Fi Thriller “Transcendence”
- Cognoa’s App Will Evaluate Children’s Risk For Autism From Videos And Other Data
- #Love: I’m Single, Therefore I Tinder
- Hands On With Facebook Nearby Friends [Video]: No More Checkins
- Two prominent Twitter accounts get blocked in Turkey following apparent court order
- PhotoSweeper for Mac whisks away duplicate images
- Microsoft to open 11 new specialty retail stores in the US next month
- Office 365 is now generally available in China, as Microsoft increases its focus on the country
- General Mills reverses new legal policy: Yes, you can like our Facebook Pages and sue us
- K-Cube Ventures stands out in Korea for speedy, ambitious investment style
- Tesla will source battery materials from North America exclusively
- Seattle entrepreneur is turning old soda bottles into 3D printer ‘ink’
- Why Madison Avenue is becoming more like Wall Street
- Google scoops up another high-profile scientist for anti-death project
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube