It seems that Nigerian companies have started going crazy for social media platforms especially Twitter. I’m not surprised since Twitter has enjoyed a lot of global press coverage and positive reviews, even though they’ve been having issues.
Twitter usage is growing exponentially in Nigeria. In fact, Twitter is amongst the top 100 sites visited in Nigeria (currently ranked 30th), according to Alexa.
Before now, I thought that Nigerian companies would start adopting these online communication tools in the 22nd Century as they’ve almost always approached new technologies very sluggishly. But today, I’m glad that social media is actually making sense in Nigeria.
Now, with MTN Nigeria, Arik Air, Zenith Bank, UBA Group, and others now on Twitter, we can now analyze how these companies are using social media. While it’s still early to say whether or not their social media efforts are successful, we can at least give them a “clap” for turning to social media.
But my question is: Is Twitter the right social media channel to reach their existing and potential customers?
It would be interesting to analyze this in a future post.
Related Posts via Categories
- @MobitelNigeria Doesn’t Just Tweet, They Listen To Customer Twiplaints
- Tech Round-up: This Week’s Hottest Tech Stories
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Did Fola Adeola Just Join Twitter?
- Is Etisalat Trying Too Hard To Trend #NigerianIdol and #Easynet on Twitter?
- Nigeria’s First Blackberry Constitution App Hits 10,000 Downloads in 72 hours
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Microsoft releases the Office 365 Android SDK for download
- Just because SXSWers want Uber in Austin doesn’t mean they should get it
- A plain English guide to how natural language processing will transform computing
- A private-cloud market assessment in 5 quotes
- 10 things your iPad can do with a little extra help
- BuzzFeed and Time magazine: The next big thing always starts out looking like a toy, and media is no exception
- 10 years on, we’re still getting Facebook ROI all wrong
- Mobile payments: BLE vs NFC isn’t a fair fight
- Fitbit Flex review: the smart fitness tracker that will get you off the couch
- Mxit’s plan to rock India? Focus on feature phones and social change
- 5 ways you can prepare for the shift from ecommerce to ‘all-commerce’
- Gaming's Area 51: Excavating Atari's Secret Burial Ground
- Pebble Opens Its Appstore For Android And Unveils Some Cool New Apps
- I Failed My Online Course—But Learned A Lot About Internet Education
- Google At SXSW: The Internet Is Accelerating Social Change On A Global Scale
- Facebook Plans An 'Ikea-Inspired' Data Center In Sweden
- Gillmor Gang Live 03.08.14 (TCTV)
- Secrets, Lies And Startup Leaks: Mitigating Tech Company Paranoia In An Age Of Constant Crisis
- Google’s Jared Cohen: It’s “Obvious” Bitcoin-Like Currencies Are “Inevitable”
- Assange Says NSA Holds The Power In The Obama Administration
- CrunchWeek: The Hunt For Bitcoin’s Satoshi, Facebook Drones, Twitter’s Log Cabin Lunchroom
- Three years later, Facebook is bringing back its F8 developer conference to San Francisco on April 30
- Banjo updates mobile apps to create TiVO for social media
- Microsoft hints DirectX 12 is coming to the Xbox One
- Flickr teases a slick visual revamp of its photo data display
- Julian Assange rails against NSA surveillance as he plans an “important” new WikiLeaks release
- Russia’s first StumbleUpon clone, Surfingbird, closes $2.5M funding deal
- This robot is teaching college kids how to code robotics apps (exclusive)
- Facebook is holding its first conference since its IPO. Mark your calendars
- The NRA claims victory in Facebook’s new ‘anti-gun’ policies
- Julian Assange to SXSW crowd: Even billionaire Pierre Omidyar sees that there’s no real liberty
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube