Described as “the best technology event that has ever happened in the history of the Nigerian web industry”, Barcamp Nigeria 2010 has been officially announced.
Born out of the desire to build connections between technopreneurs and…
Nigeria has made its own mark in the url shortening space with the launch of Yrn.me on February 4th, 2010.
Since Twitter limited web users to publishing not more than 140 characters, url shortening services have continued to populate…
In the recently released State of the Mobile Web Report by Opera.com, Nigeria is the 9th largest country in the world in terms of Opera Mini usage pushing out Poland to become one of the Top 10…
A Nigerian MSc in computing student based in the UK has found a new way to improve the performance of Google’s search results. By the way, Google just launched real-time search after a deal with Twitter.
After about two weeks of announcing the launch of a new feature that allows their subscribers send Twitter updates via SMS on their mobile phones, Starcomms has today announced a new feature called Facebook…
It seems you can now find out about breaking news and the latest and top stories of the last 24 hours from all states of Nigeria, as NTA Live Webcast, a ‘Free to watch’ service has…
If you have been wondering what the term ‘nigeria 2.0′ (coined by Francis Oghuma) is, let me announce to you that Startups Nigeria in collaboration with Qubestreet has just released the screenshot and…
It seems that Nigerian companies have started going crazy for social media platforms especially Twitter. I’m not surprised since Twitter has enjoyed a lot of global press coverage and positive reviews, even though they’ve been having…
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Xyo powers contextual app search for T-Mobile in US and Europe
- Judge says 33 states can seek Apple ebook money, report cites “much work to do” on antitrust
- Microsoft is trying to be the platform company for big data apps, too
- SpaceX signs agreement to operate NASA launch pad
- WordPress parent Automattic said to be raising a VC round that values it at $1 billion
- Just how important is Gareth Cliff to making WeChat relevant in South Africa?
- What Barry Roux and Neknominations teach us about the power of memes
- 5 mind-blowing technologies that will shape the future of medicine
- Built in Africa: Via Afrika wants to use technology to educate the continent
- 8 legendary, ludicrous and utterly lorn Formula 1 innovations
- Online Invitations Startup Paperless Post Raises $25M From August Capital
- Ellen Tries Out Google “Glasses”
- Telefonica, Blackstone Launch Axonix, A Mobile Ad Exchange Built On Defunct MobClix Tech
- HP Finds Mobile Tax Apps Lacking On Security, Privacy
- Investors Send Twitter Up 11.4% Following Gnip News, Adding $2.7B To Its Market Cap
- Google Helpouts arrives on iOS, but only for free sessions
- Google Finance expands to cover the stock market in Spain, Poland, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and Argentina
- 10 things you need to know about Google’s Project Ara modular smartphones
- Getting to $100M+ revenue: Understanding the 3 phases of a startup
- Favstar founder launches Respondly to help companies use Twitter as a service desk
- Spontaneity can be inconvenient, so HotelTonight’s new feature helps you fake it
- You are cordially invited to congratulate Paperless Post on its new $25M funding round
- User retention for Secret is absurdly high: Up to 90% come back
- Can we finally call WordPress maker Automattic a billion-dollar company?
- Here’s how Google can boost the mobile ad market
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube