Today, I’m excited to announce that Techloy.com now has its own unique URL shortener, Teck.ly which has officially debuted on Twitter.
Techloy joins leading technology sites such as TechCrunch (tcrn.ch), Mashable (on.mash.to) and Engadget (engt.co) that have…
Local URL shortener service, Yrn.me has redesigned its logo and website which went live today. The service which launched in February 2010 was the first URL shortening service to come out of Nigeria. [Here’s what it looked like before…
Remember the Nigerian startup that wants to remind you when your favourite TV and Radio programmes are about to start, so you can tune in? Yeah, Lotaar!
It just went live a couple of hours ago,…
Last month, Nigerian-born-UK-based, Osita Nwoye quit OnePage, a startup he helped found in 2009 along with British-born Joel Gascoigne. Yesterday, he announced the launch of Lotaar, which he is co-founding with his friend, Roland Ukor.
Lotaar (pronounced Lo-taar,…
With so much love for Twitter, yet another Twitter-clone has been launched on the micro-blogging space. This time, YarnPad! has emerged from Nigeria and lets you “see wetin people they yarn about“, that is, what people are talking about.…
In a world cup match soaked with adrenaline pumping tension, the Super Eagles of Nigeria couldn’t turn an adversity (10-man against opponents) into an adventurous victory over the Greeks.
But one man, Vincent Enyeama made a difference. His goal-keeping prowess and…
Tayo founded Pagatech in April 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank…
You’ve probably heard of Internet words such as Facebooked, Googled, Youtubed, Twittered, Afrigator’d, Crunchbased and many others. Now you can add “Memeburned” to your Internet lexicon:-)
Here’s my own definition:
Memeburned is the act of being tech-fed with web-savvy
With Twitter’s success in providing real-time information to users around the world, we’re left second-guessing what the future of the web would become. At the time of writing this, Twitter is the 11th most visited site in the world…
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Record industry finds a new way to squeeze Pandora, but it won’t help musicians
- User experience is the new differentiator. How will that affect the internet?
- Firehost, Linode news shows IaaS life beyond Amazon Web Services
- Thin film electronics may hold the key to human size health care
- Moore’s law gives way to Bezos’s law
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Airbnb And NY Attorney General Prepare To Meet In Court This Week
- AI Experts On The Reality Behind The Sci-Fi Thriller “Transcendence”
- Cognoa’s App Will Evaluate Children’s Risk For Autism From Videos And Other Data
- #Love: I’m Single, Therefore I Tinder
- Hands On With Facebook Nearby Friends [Video]: No More Checkins
- Meeting Assistant’s slick meeting-management app lands on Android
- Solar Walk for Android guides you through our solar system with stunning visuals
- Nintendo’s original Game Boy is now 25 years old
- MediaFire’s Dropbox-style file-storage service arrives on iPad
- Update: HTC launches the One (M8) in India but clarifies that a Google Play Edition isn’t coming after all
- K-Cube Ventures stands out in Korea for speedy, ambitious investment style
- Tesla will source battery materials from North America exclusively
- Seattle entrepreneur is turning old soda bottles into 3D printer ‘ink’
- Why Madison Avenue is becoming more like Wall Street
- Google scoops up another high-profile scientist for anti-death project
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube