Arianna Huffington has announced The HuffPost Streaming Network, a 24/7 live-streaming TV network to launch this summer and feature 12 hours of original programming, five days a week. The network will spotlight the biggest, hottest, most engaging stories HuffPost is covering at any given moment and use them for conversations, commentary, and comedy.
Skype for Windows version 5.8 is out, bringing several interesting features, including full HD video-calling, group screen sharing and Facebook integration. But you will need to have a HD webcam to enjoy the Full HD video calls. On the other hand, video calling for Facebook works even with users who don’t use Skype.
Country Manager for Google Kenya, Olga Arara-Kimani, was reportedly fired last week, following investigations over allegations of data scraping and misrepresentation of Kenyan start-up, Mocality. Now, she claims the decision to leave Google was hers alone.What I think? She was asked to resign or get fired. She chose to resign.
President Obama’s re-election campaign announced this week that it will begin using the mobile device credit card reader attachment Square to accept campaign donations. My take: Mobile payments is about to change political fundraising, but whether this tool can be used in African politics is yet to be seen.
Google’s social network, Plus has just over 75,000 users in Nigeria since its launch in June 2011, according to a recent report. But it seems that Google+ growth is very slow or stalled when compared to Facebook growth between June 2011 to December 2011. Facebook has added about 700,000 users, while Google+ only has an estimated 75,000 users in Nigeria since June 2011.
According to reports, Google has fired its Country Lead for Kenya, Olga Arara-Kimani, following investigations over allegations of data scraping and misrepresentation of Kenyan start-up, Mocality. Although, there’s no official Google statement yet, I think that an “appropriate action” from Google would mean firing those responsible or involved with the Mocality data scrap saga.
The National Sports Commission (NSC) reportedly spent N1.2 million in opening a Facebook account. Just so happens that opening a Faceboook account doesn’t cost a dime. My take: it is possible the Commission may have hired a consultant to create and manage the page for a fee or another smart way of embezzling funds.
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- The first 3D-printed battery is as tiny as a grain of sand
- Apple amends Siri’s response to suicide with more direct approach
- When your mother-in-law is endorsing you on LinkedIn, it’s time to question endorsements
- SpaceCurve raises $10M to make sense of our streams of location data
- Google files free speech challenge to FISA gag orders, renews criticism of Guardian
- Busting the myths: why linking out will not kill your website
- Don’t fluff the facts: 3 keys to good reputation management
- Are you losing it with social media? Here’s how to find your way again
- #YouKnowYoureSouthAfricanWhen: can hashtags shape a nation’s story?
- Lumia 920 review: It’s big, it’s really big, but oh so sexy
- TC Cribs: Quirky, The NYC Startup Where Unique Inventions Are Brought To Life
- Google Fights Spying Gag Order, But Key Details Would Lack Even If Successful
- The Series A Round Is The New Series B Round
- GameStick Android Console Ship Date Delayed Until August To Refine UI
- The Offline Glass Ensures You Talk, Not Text, At The Bar
- DISH drops Sprint merger bid to focus on Clearwire deal
- Some developers already seeing more active users running iOS 7 than are still on iOS 5
- Nvidia announces new plan to license GPU cores and visual computing patents
- Dell Special Committee slaps Icahn’s new proposal as incomplete, risky
- Google alternative DuckDuckGo hit nearly 3.1M queries yesterday, up 50% in 8 days as PRISM fears rise
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube