In this infographic brought to you by Visual.ly, you’ll learn the art of naming a business.
It further provides three approaches that notable and highly successful companies such as Apple and Skype use to name their companies.
This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
I’m happy to announce a great opportunity for startups to promote their stuff in the next few weeks.
Because we know that startups don’t have enough money, and may not be willing to pay for adverts or even reviews,…
Editor’s Note: This post provides excerpts from an in-depth interview by BellaNaija’s Gbenga Awomodu with Loy Okezie (me).
In the interview published yesterday, I shared some of my experiences and successes on the Internet, how the Nigerian youth can make…
On February 2 & 3, 2011, mobile stakeholders around Africa would gather for the West African edition of the most innovative and progressive mobile web event on the continent which promises to map out the future direction of data
Earlier this week, I announced that Lagos will be celebrating five years of tech/web trends as part of Techcrunch’s 5th Anniversary with the rest of the world. So far, over 350 meetups in 80 countries have been planned from Bangalore and…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
Started in August 2009 by Opeyemi Awoyemi, Olalekan Olude and Ayodeji Adewunmi, Jobberman has been described as “the most intuitive job search engine in Nigeria”.
As the fastest growing online career portal in Nigeria, Jobberman recently moved…
With so much information on the web, it is hard to find local and relevant content in one place. Thanks to location-based services such as Foursquare and Gowalla, people are now finding it easier to discover and…
You’ve probably heard of Internet words such as Facebooked, Googled, Youtubed, Twittered, Afrigator’d, Crunchbased and many others. Now you can add “Memeburned” to your Internet lexicon:-)
Here’s my own definition:
Memeburned is the act of being tech-fed with web-savvy
- Africa-Focused Social Music Platform, TruSpot Plans Re-Launch
- Google Translation Service Now Available In 5 New African Languages
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- Google may be making its own custom server chips. It should
- Google Play Movies and Google Play Music websites get native Chromecast support
- Koru raises $4.35 million Series A to educate college kids on how to land a job
- The quantified baby: app backed by Skype co-founder wants to track breastfeeding and diapers
- These are the 6 ways US carriers have agreed to help customers unlock their phones
- Instagram unveils ‘Direct’, says it’s not taking aim at Snapchat
- Forget Alan Mulally, Satya Nadella is the CEO Microsoft deserves
- Wearable tech: the future of the quantified self & smart bras [#LeWeb]
- Disruption and the mobile mind shift: welcome to the age of the customer [#LeWeb]
- The Next 10 years: shots of the third day of #LeWeb 2013 [Gallery]
- Workout App Fitstar Gets An Overhaul As It Shows Promising Paid Sign-Up Metrics
- Now With 25M Monthly Users, Social Photo Startup We Heart It Partners With Teen Vogue & Others
- TechCrunch TV’s Goodbye To The Blue Background
- Guitar Hero Creators Tackle Fitness Equipment Next With Goji Play
- Dell Ventures Launches $300M Fund And Inks Deal With Dropbox, Showing Deeper Focus On Storage
- Google Chromecast now supports casting Google Play Movies and Music from the Web
- Kik reaches 100 million users – shows Instagram and Twitter how messaging is done
- YouTube expands live streaming to all channels, adds option to directly launch a Google+ Hangout On Air
- Firefox 27 beta is out: Simultaneous Social API notifications, TLS 1.2 support, and more languages on Android
- Twitter brings image previews to its Mac app with version 3.0 update
- Spotify’s revised plan to dominate the crap out of rival music services
- Kiva gets $3M award from Google to reach the ‘overlooked’ poor with big ideas
- European Parliament approves Snowden video testimony, thwarting objections
- Connected car gadget company Zubie scores $10M
- Because LinkedIn doesn’t cut it, Doximity builds a recruiting tool for doctors
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube