In this infographic brought to you by Visual.ly, you’ll learn the art of naming a business.
It further provides three approaches that notable and highly successful companies such as Apple and Skype use to name their companies.
This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
I’m happy to announce a great opportunity for startups to promote their stuff in the next few weeks.
Because we know that startups don’t have enough money, and may not be willing to pay for adverts or even reviews,…
Editor’s Note: This post provides excerpts from an in-depth interview by BellaNaija’s Gbenga Awomodu with Loy Okezie (me).
In the interview published yesterday, I shared some of my experiences and successes on the Internet, how the Nigerian youth can make…
On February 2 & 3, 2011, mobile stakeholders around Africa would gather for the West African edition of the most innovative and progressive mobile web event on the continent which promises to map out the future direction of data
Earlier this week, I announced that Lagos will be celebrating five years of tech/web trends as part of Techcrunch’s 5th Anniversary with the rest of the world. So far, over 350 meetups in 80 countries have been planned from Bangalore and…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
Started in August 2009 by Opeyemi Awoyemi, Olalekan Olude and Ayodeji Adewunmi, Jobberman has been described as “the most intuitive job search engine in Nigeria”.
As the fastest growing online career portal in Nigeria, Jobberman recently moved…
With so much information on the web, it is hard to find local and relevant content in one place. Thanks to location-based services such as Foursquare and Gowalla, people are now finding it easier to discover and…
You’ve probably heard of Internet words such as Facebooked, Googled, Youtubed, Twittered, Afrigator’d, Crunchbased and many others. Now you can add “Memeburned” to your Internet lexicon:-)
Here’s my own definition:
Memeburned is the act of being tech-fed with web-savvy
- Labstyle ships app-connected Dario for diabetics, claiming it to be the most pocket-friendly glucose meter
- Watch this: Google Glass shows trailers when you look at a movie poster
- Apple reportedly increases discounts for its secret loyalty program
- Google takes its cloud on the road
- Get moving Android users: Jawbone UP24 now works with your phone
- New Jersey Becomes Third State To Ban Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- A Very Flappy Crowdtilted Journalism Experiment
- SigFig Hires Financial Engines Exec Steve Lifgren To Build Out Its Operations Team
- Watch An Industrial Robot Nearly Beat A Professional Ping Pong Player At His Own Game – Sort Of
- 23andMe Founder Discusses The Promises And Perils Of Genetic Information
- Jawbone finally gives its UP24 activity-tracker some Android loving
- Google Fiber offered to 158 new ‘Fiberhoods’ in Kansas City, Grandview, Raytown and Gladstone
- The BBC launches an all-new redesigned responsive iPlayer, now features ‘Collections’ of programmes
- Google faces lawsuit filed by US parents over in-app purchases by kids
- WhatsApp for Android gets new privacy settings and lets you pay for a friend’s subscription
- DataRPM gets $5.1M to turbocharge company data queries
- Obama outwits Zach Galifianakis on his own show
- INTANGIBLE Investments Selects iLEVEL to Monitor Portfolio Performance
- Yesware now lets salespeople track whether their attachments are getting opened
- Metamorphic Ventures raises near-$70M fund, adds Google, Yahoo execs to board
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube