In this infographic brought to you by Visual.ly, you’ll learn the art of naming a business.
It further provides three approaches that notable and highly successful companies such as Apple and Skype use to name their companies.
This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
I’m happy to announce a great opportunity for startups to promote their stuff in the next few weeks.
Because we know that startups don’t have enough money, and may not be willing to pay for adverts or even reviews,…
Editor’s Note: This post provides excerpts from an in-depth interview by BellaNaija’s Gbenga Awomodu with Loy Okezie (me).
In the interview published yesterday, I shared some of my experiences and successes on the Internet, how the Nigerian youth can make…
On February 2 & 3, 2011, mobile stakeholders around Africa would gather for the West African edition of the most innovative and progressive mobile web event on the continent which promises to map out the future direction of data
Earlier this week, I announced that Lagos will be celebrating five years of tech/web trends as part of Techcrunch’s 5th Anniversary with the rest of the world. So far, over 350 meetups in 80 countries have been planned from Bangalore and…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
Started in August 2009 by Opeyemi Awoyemi, Olalekan Olude and Ayodeji Adewunmi, Jobberman has been described as “the most intuitive job search engine in Nigeria”.
As the fastest growing online career portal in Nigeria, Jobberman recently moved…
With so much information on the web, it is hard to find local and relevant content in one place. Thanks to location-based services such as Foursquare and Gowalla, people are now finding it easier to discover and…
You’ve probably heard of Internet words such as Facebooked, Googled, Youtubed, Twittered, Afrigator’d, Crunchbased and many others. Now you can add “Memeburned” to your Internet lexicon:-)
Here’s my own definition:
Memeburned is the act of being tech-fed with web-savvy
- Online car classifieds site, Carmudi receives $10 million to expand its Asia operations
- Online hotel booking service, Jovago expands into South Sudan
- Jim O’Neill invests into Nigeria’s mobile payment service, Paga
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- A debit card for bitcoin: Xapo solves the payment problem with Mastercard tie-in
- IFTTT adds an Android channel so I made a bat phone
- Facebook acquires ProtoGeo Oy, maker of fitness tracking app Moves
- Verizon loses phone customers as price competition heats up
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi rebrands itself as Mi, expands to 10 new markets
- The big lesson from Nike abandoning the FuelBand? Smartphones are the only wearable we need
- Why Facebook’s desktop decline, Apple’s iPad issues are really one and the same
- Will the real content marketing specialists please stand up?
- Hey startups, quit thinking outside the box and start exploring everyday innovation
- ‘Alien Isolation’ preview: prepare for fear
- Finnish Startup Gets Seed Backing For Its Online Education Platform Play, Eliademy
- NYT Up To Nearly 800K Paid Digital Subscribers, Plans New Food And Opinion Apps
- LinkedIn Announces Partner Programs For Sponsored Updates And Content
- Confide Brings Its Enterprise Ephemeral Messaging App To Android
- Acompli, The Email Productivity App Backed By $7.3M, Goes Live On App Store
- Grab yourself a new TNW t-shirt while supplies last
- Kevin Rose wants to launch another startup, wishes he had stayed CEO of Digg
- Duolingo announces Duolingo Test Center, a $20 mobile alternative to standardized language tests
- Wist for iPhone now recommends the top 5 best places to eat and drink anywhere in the world
- ReSnap retools its print-on-demand photo book platform to work with virtually any big data source
- Stealthy startup turns your phone into a remote control for your credit cards
- Need a ride? Alternative-cab service Lyft hits 24 new cities today
- FCC chairman promises to set ‘high bar’ in new net neutrality rules
- Vocus is marketing automation for the top of the funnel, via 60M Twitter buying signals
- Microsoft shows solid first quarter with Nadella in the driver’s seat
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube