In a bid to enter the mobile content and applications space, the MTN Group has announced plans to launch an app store later this year that would offer digital music downloads and other value-added services.
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
Yesterday, I sat down for a cup of tea at the cafe by the swimming pool at Eko Hotels with Matthew Dawes, the conference organizer of the best mobile web event ever in Africa.
I’ve known Matt since 2009…
Nokia recently gathered over 200 thought leaders in the ICT industry to discuss and develop a vision and strategy for an Open Innovation Eco-system in Africa.
The event tagged “Open Innovation Africa Summit” was not about Nokia or any…
With two independently organized TED events coming to Nigeria this July, we can’t wait to see innovation and disruptive technology from Nigeria soon.
TED conferences gather the world’s leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
In the recently released State of the Mobile Web Report by Opera.com, Nigeria is the 9th largest country in the world in terms of Opera Mini usage pushing out Poland to become one of the Top 10…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Zoopy, an online and mobile social media community where users upload, share and interact with videos, photos, audio and notes will soon be making its footprints around the African social media space.
Based in South Africa, the company which…
- Samsung to pay Apple $930 million
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- MtGox “fraud evidence” hacked and published, complete with Bitcoin wallet-stealing malware
- IBM CEO: We messed up last year but will do better
- Google to release SDK for Android-powered wearables
- Samsung shares detailed look at Galaxy S5 and Gear Fit in official hands-on videos
- VHX goes big with public launch of distribution service
- Google To Release Android Software Developer Kit For Wearables
- Facebook Announces Return of F8 Developer Conference
- Gaming's Area 51: Excavating Atari's Secret Burial Ground
- Pebble Opens Its Appstore For Android And Unveils Some Cool New Apps
- I Failed My Online Course—But Learned A Lot About Internet Education
- Skype for modern Windows now properly syncs your calls and chats, requires Windows 8.1
- Flight MH370′s disappearance, Boston bombers manhunt, and why privacy scares are still overhyped
- Rove’s stylish location-based diary app now lets you save specific memories from your lifelog
- Companisto extends its equity crowdfunding platform to the whole of Europe
- Review: Flamingo for Mac is a better way to use Google Hangouts
- Securing the cloud may be tough — but it’s the future
- Dan Murray to run game division of Walking Dead creator’s entertainment company (exclusive)
- Meet the iPhone Air: An incredibly believable Apple concept (video)
- Sony and Panasonic look beyond Blu-ray in new ‘Archival Disc’ standard
- Energy-sipping ARM-based servers get a boost with Xen hypervisor update
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube