In a bid to enter the mobile content and applications space, the MTN Group has announced plans to launch an app store later this year that would offer digital music downloads and other value-added services.
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
Yesterday, I sat down for a cup of tea at the cafe by the swimming pool at Eko Hotels with Matthew Dawes, the conference organizer of the best mobile web event ever in Africa.
I’ve known Matt since 2009…
Nokia recently gathered over 200 thought leaders in the ICT industry to discuss and develop a vision and strategy for an Open Innovation Eco-system in Africa.
The event tagged “Open Innovation Africa Summit” was not about Nokia or any…
With two independently organized TED events coming to Nigeria this July, we can’t wait to see innovation and disruptive technology from Nigeria soon.
TED conferences gather the world’s leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
In the recently released State of the Mobile Web Report by Opera.com, Nigeria is the 9th largest country in the world in terms of Opera Mini usage pushing out Poland to become one of the Top 10…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Zoopy, an online and mobile social media community where users upload, share and interact with videos, photos, audio and notes will soon be making its footprints around the African social media space.
Based in South Africa, the company which…
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Nike has reportedly fired most of its FuelBand team and is getting out of the hardware business
- Turn your Instagrams into a business: Snapwire, a new mobile stock photo website, opens to public
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches despite bad weather
- Welcome to the spectrum-dome: FCC lays groundwork for its controversial incentive auction
- This week in bitcoin: Another creator, another MtGox failure
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Counterforce Protests Tech Using Tech
- White House Declines To Deport Bieber, Pivots To Immigration Reform In Its Official Response
- 214 Technologies Is Crowdfunding A Smart Doorbell Called Chui
- Ask A VC: Next World Capital’s Ben Fu On Engineer Recruiting Challenges
- CrunchWeek: Airbnb’s $500M Funding, Twitter Gobbles Up Gnip, Instagram’s Swapped Username Scandal
- How to grow an awesome community to fuel your social startup
- Nike has reportedly canceled its FuelBand hardware project [Update]
- Meet Goccia, a penny-sized activity tracker that ditches Bluetooth for LED syncing
- Journey through the colossal ice castles of the American Southwest
- Leave work at work: How to properly end your day
- Microsoft drops $1.1B to grow its data center footprint in Iowa
- Goodbye, FuelBand: Nike reportedly fired dozens of its wearables experts
- Preact raises $4.6M, launches ‘customer success’ service
- Software is eating the world, and venture capital is feasting on older software
- How negative comments can boost sales 40% — under the right conditions
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube