In a bid to enter the mobile content and applications space, the MTN Group has announced plans to launch an app store later this year that would offer digital music downloads and other value-added services.
It is no longer news that Nokia’s market share has been suffering.
Even the company’s CEO once said that Nokia is failing to compete and losing ground to competitors such as Apple and Google.
Today, Nokia and Microsoft officially…
Yesterday, I sat down for a cup of tea at the cafe by the swimming pool at Eko Hotels with Matthew Dawes, the conference organizer of the best mobile web event ever in Africa.
I’ve known Matt since 2009…
Nokia recently gathered over 200 thought leaders in the ICT industry to discuss and develop a vision and strategy for an Open Innovation Eco-system in Africa.
The event tagged “Open Innovation Africa Summit” was not about Nokia or any…
With two independently organized TED events coming to Nigeria this July, we can’t wait to see innovation and disruptive technology from Nigeria soon.
TED conferences gather the world’s leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields…
After watching Apple’s iPad success, it seems that more companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
While Apple is yet to acquire the monopoly in the tablet market, huge companies such as Microsoft, Nokia &…
In the recently released State of the Mobile Web Report by Opera.com, Nigeria is the 9th largest country in the world in terms of Opera Mini usage pushing out Poland to become one of the Top 10…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
Zoopy, an online and mobile social media community where users upload, share and interact with videos, photos, audio and notes will soon be making its footprints around the African social media space.
Based in South Africa, the company which…
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- If Google isn’t trying to snatch Waze away from Facebook, it really should be
- Changes ahead: more details on how iOS 7 will look
- Why you should do your own mobile app store research before buying a phone
- With portfolio consolidation in sight, SAP cloud chief Lars Dalgaard steps down
- Don’t forget these apps when packing for your Disney trip
- Microsoft And Google Bury The Hatchet To Work On A Windows Phone YouTube App With Ads
- Gillmor Gang Live 05.24.13 (TCTV)
- Laptop Week Review: Samsung 700T Fly Or Die
- Google Needs To Bring Emerging Markets Online To Grow Its Business Opportunities In The Next 10 years
- Gmail For Android Could Soon Get A Navigation Drawer
- Do these screenshots reveal a heavily revamped Gmail for mobile and Web is on the way?
- Google, Verizon and Acer offer Chromebook stations and free WiFi to Oklahoma tornado victims
- SideCar updates iOS and Android apps with detour mode, Facebook login support, and revamped ratings
- New Google Glass labs features leak, including ability to give voice commands anywhere in the UI
- Microsoft and Google are building a YouTube app for Windows Phone that serves ads, due ‘in the coming weeks’
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube