Last November, I had the rare opportunity of visiting Kenya’s iHub in Nairobi, during the Open Innovation Africa Summit organised by Nokia.
The internationally acclaimed technology entrepreneurship journalist and author travelled around emerging markets such as China,…
Last October, I made a 2-week exploratory visit to the place where all of the world’s information is being gathered, stored and organized.
With an unprecedented access to the highly secretive “Googleplex”, acclaimed New York Times columnist Randall Stross, in…
Last week, Adlevo Capital announced its first closing of a $52 million capital commitment focused on technology-enabled businesses across sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in Nigeria and South Africa.
Adlevo Capital is a private equity firm focused on technology enabled infrastructure…
Tayo founded Pagatech in April 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank…
Since the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening match kicked off last Friday, soccer fans all over the world have been in high spirits. Even companies that are not football-related are also taking advantage of the buzz.
Last week, Google released…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
You’ve probably heard of the world’s most popular classifieds site, Craigslist and UK’s Gumtree. Both sites offer buyers and sellers an opportunity to engage in a free and open market.
With the success of these sites in their respective…
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Declara raises $16M to apply machine learning personal learning
- Fans of Quibb, a content-sharing network, can now buy shares in the company on its website
- Viber launches new polished apps for iOS 7 and BlackBerry 10
- Chrome Show: Could Motorola revive the LapDock with a phone-powered Chromebook?
- The internet is going private. It’s also grown to 138 Tbps of capacity
- Nike’s Fuelband failure signals a win for wearables
- Popcorn Time: what the ‘Netflix you always wanted’ taught us about ourselves
- Built in Africa: Shaking Sun’s Akaliza Keza Gara on using tech to tell African stories
- Facebook sucks at innovation and its products fail a lot
- 5 simple innovations that changed motoring forever (and one that could)
- Pause: Shuffler.fm’s awesome multimedia music magazine arrives for iPhone
- Xiaomi launches two routers and a revamped set-top box, will expand to 10 more countries this year
- Akamai: Global average Internet speed grew 27% year-over-year to 3.8 Mbps, mobile traffic jumped by 70%
- Viber for iOS gets a new flat design, multiple image sending and longer video messages
- Sky+ HD customers can now download movies from Sky’s Buy and Keep Store
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube