Last November, I had the rare opportunity of visiting Kenya’s iHub in Nairobi, during the Open Innovation Africa Summit organised by Nokia.
The internationally acclaimed technology entrepreneurship journalist and author travelled around emerging markets such as China,…
Last October, I made a 2-week exploratory visit to the place where all of the world’s information is being gathered, stored and organized.
With an unprecedented access to the highly secretive “Googleplex”, acclaimed New York Times columnist Randall Stross, in…
Last week, Adlevo Capital announced its first closing of a $52 million capital commitment focused on technology-enabled businesses across sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in Nigeria and South Africa.
Adlevo Capital is a private equity firm focused on technology enabled infrastructure…
Tayo founded Pagatech in April 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank…
Since the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening match kicked off last Friday, soccer fans all over the world have been in high spirits. Even companies that are not football-related are also taking advantage of the buzz.
Last week, Google released…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
You’ve probably heard of the world’s most popular classifieds site, Craigslist and UK’s Gumtree. Both sites offer buyers and sellers an opportunity to engage in a free and open market.
With the success of these sites in their respective…
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Google Planning Wireless Networks To Connect The Next 1B People - WSJ
- Microsoft And Google Declare A Truce In Their YouTube Fight
- iOS 7 Rumor Watch: 'Black, White and Flat All Over'
- Google Has A Trojan Horse To Disrupt TV: Really, Really Big Data
- The First Six Months Developing For The Computer On My Face
- 50M Matches Strong, Hot Mobile Dating App Tinder Is Ready To Go Global, And Move Beyond Flirting
- Google Now's “Topics” Page Returns And Shows You How Much Google Knows About You, But It Only Works On Android
- Ask A VC: Index Ventures' Danny Rimer On The Future Of Ecommerce And More
- Microsoft And Google Bury The Hatchet To Work On A Windows Phone YouTube App With Ads
- More than a year after its shutdown, Google to move all Buzz posts to its Drive service on July 17
- Creative blogging platform Jux to close August 31, cites growth as not being “large or fast enough”
- Do these screenshots reveal a heavily revamped Gmail for mobile and Web is on the way?
- Google, Verizon and Acer offer Chromebook stations and free WiFi to Oklahoma tornado victims
- SideCar updates iOS and Android apps with detour mode, Facebook login support, and revamped ratings
- Why due diligence matters in equity crowdfunding
- DHS warns of vulnerability exposing employee social security numbers
- Peter Thiel’s venture firm to invest in space (exclusive)
- Yahoo continues spending spree by jumping into the bidding fray over Hulu
- Google and Microsoft agree to play nicely on a new YouTube Windows Phone app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube