Last November, I had the rare opportunity of visiting Kenya’s iHub in Nairobi, during the Open Innovation Africa Summit organised by Nokia.
The internationally acclaimed technology entrepreneurship journalist and author travelled around emerging markets such as China,…
Last October, I made a 2-week exploratory visit to the place where all of the world’s information is being gathered, stored and organized.
With an unprecedented access to the highly secretive “Googleplex”, acclaimed New York Times columnist Randall Stross, in…
Last week, Adlevo Capital announced its first closing of a $52 million capital commitment focused on technology-enabled businesses across sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in Nigeria and South Africa.
Adlevo Capital is a private equity firm focused on technology enabled infrastructure…
Tayo founded Pagatech in April 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank…
Since the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening match kicked off last Friday, soccer fans all over the world have been in high spirits. Even companies that are not football-related are also taking advantage of the buzz.
Last week, Google released…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
You’ve probably heard of the world’s most popular classifieds site, Craigslist and UK’s Gumtree. Both sites offer buyers and sellers an opportunity to engage in a free and open market.
With the success of these sites in their respective…
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- The scorpion and the frog: Who wins as Facebook makes tweaks to its newsfeed algorithms?
- Netflix open sources its data traffic cop, Suro
- New Relic, getting IPO ducks in a row, brings on Salesforce.com vet
- E.W. Scripps acquires video news service Newsy for $35 million
- Scientists have figured out why low-cost organic solar cells lose their efficiency over time
- 4 massive trends and events that completely changed the face of tech in 2013
- Apple’s app diet: how it took a step backwards with iLife and iWork
- South African entrepreneurs take a bow: a North American’s perspective
- Web hosting: the complete beginner’s guide
- Miley, Mandela and the Harlem Shake: the biggest posts on Facebook this year
- Payments Company Square Debuts A Newly Designed Website
- Fashion Site StyleCaster Gets A Glossy Redesign, Adds E-Commerce Features
- Codecademy Releases Its First Educational App, A.K.A. My New Subway Time Killer
- Kleiner Perkins Partner Chi-Hua Chien Transitioning Out Of Firm
- Opscode Raises $32M To Expand IT Automation Platform, Changes Name To Chef
- Microsoft Research’s social network Socl launches on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone
- Flipboard adds Reuters to its social reader app
- Microsoft confirms Windows 7 sales ended on October 30, PCs with Windows 7 don’t yet have an end of sales date
- Groupon acquires social gifting service Boomerang for its new Freebies category
- 5 ways to improve your website’s conversion rate
- Facebook, Google, Twitter, and more create the Reform Government Surveillance coalition
- Obama kicks off CS Education Week with Code.org: ‘Don’t just play on your phone, program it’
- Why mobile payment systems fail
- Will all-in-one electric bicycle wheels swamp electric cars?
- Everything visible: How wearable cameras are changing the way we think about public space
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube