Last November, I had the rare opportunity of visiting Kenya’s iHub in Nairobi, during the Open Innovation Africa Summit organised by Nokia.
The internationally acclaimed technology entrepreneurship journalist and author travelled around emerging markets such as China,…
Last October, I made a 2-week exploratory visit to the place where all of the world’s information is being gathered, stored and organized.
With an unprecedented access to the highly secretive “Googleplex”, acclaimed New York Times columnist Randall Stross, in…
Last week, Adlevo Capital announced its first closing of a $52 million capital commitment focused on technology-enabled businesses across sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in Nigeria and South Africa.
Adlevo Capital is a private equity firm focused on technology enabled infrastructure…
Tayo founded Pagatech in April 2009 with a vision to enable a cashless society and bank…
Since the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening match kicked off last Friday, soccer fans all over the world have been in high spirits. Even companies that are not football-related are also taking advantage of the buzz.
Last week, Google released…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
TechCrunch, the world’s most popular and influential technology blog is celebrating its 5th Anniversary on June 11.
They want to celebrate it with as many people as they can all around the world, so I thought it’d be nice…
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
You’ve probably heard of the world’s most popular classifieds site, Craigslist and UK’s Gumtree. Both sites offer buyers and sellers an opportunity to engage in a free and open market.
With the success of these sites in their respective…
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Microsoft releases the Office 365 Android SDK for download
- Android this week: Moto X gets smarter and colorful; Galaxy S5 on video; Desire 310 shown
- 7 stories to read this weekend
- Slow-and-steady Afinia’s new 3D printer continues to get easier to use
- Secret reportedly raises nearly $10M from Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
- Facebook tells us how we talk about each other
- 10 years on, we’re still getting Facebook ROI all wrong
- Mobile payments: BLE vs NFC isn’t a fair fight
- Fitbit Flex review: the smart fitness tracker that will get you off the couch
- Mxit’s plan to rock India? Focus on feature phones and social change
- 5 ways you can prepare for the shift from ecommerce to ‘all-commerce’
- Gaming's Area 51: Excavating Atari's Secret Burial Ground
- Pebble Opens Its Appstore For Android And Unveils Some Cool New Apps
- I Failed My Online Course—But Learned A Lot About Internet Education
- Google At SXSW: The Internet Is Accelerating Social Change On A Global Scale
- Facebook Plans An 'Ikea-Inspired' Data Center In Sweden
- The disappearing paper: Why cash is a dying payment method
- Why being a partner at VC fund is like running a rising startup
- Pinterest’s first transparency report: 12 government requests for data on 13 accounts in second half of 2013
- This is the future of retail: Robotic fitting rooms and magic augmented reality mirrors
- Google is “pretty sure” its data is now protected against government spying, Eric Schmidt says
- PayPal adds new accelerators, incubators, and Braintree features to Startup Blueprint program
- T-Mobile adds more data to its cheaper plans — but unlimited data is now $10 more
- Get ready for ‘Insta-ads’ — Instagram signs $100M deal with Omnicom
- Epson’s smart glasses try to reach beyond ‘Minority Report’
- Recruiting platform Workable gets $1.5M to make hiring a breeze
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube