Last November, I had the rare opportunity of visiting Kenya’s iHub in Nairobi, during the Open Innovation Africa Summit organised by Nokia.
Continue Reading →
Last August, I gave a hint that Google could be launching their G-Africa Initiative, a series of events in Sub-Saharan Africa for software developers, marketers and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Well, I think Google got my hint. The…
It is no longer news that Google has been making its footprints across Africa, starting with South Africa and Kenya and now spreading to all sub-Saharan African countries.
At the end of a dinner and networking event organized by VTNetwork Nigeria Ltd at the Civic Centre in Lagos last Saturday, I was convinced that an e-commerce revolution was underway in Nigeria.
The event gathered industry experts and…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
- This $1 origami microscope could boost education and healthcare in developing nations
- Beats Music raises up to $100 million of new funding
- Rdio is ditching the Echo Nest in response to Spotify acquisition
- Lean in, desk workers of the world, with this crazy standing chair/desk combo
- Cheap, reliable whole-genome sequencing? Not so fast, say Stanford researchers
- New Jersey Becomes Third State To Ban Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- A Very Flappy Crowdtilted Journalism Experiment
- SigFig Hires Financial Engines Exec Steve Lifgren To Build Out Its Operations Team
- Watch An Industrial Robot Nearly Beat A Professional Ping Pong Player At His Own Game – Sort Of
- 23andMe Founder Discusses The Promises And Perils Of Genetic Information
- Smart kegerator can keep track of how much beer your friends drank
- Technical recruiting is broken: Here are 4 ways to hire better
- Forget what you know: There’s no right way to start up
- You can help search for Flight MH370 with Tomnod’s crowdsourced satellite image platform
- Nikon launches “Behind the Scenes” series for photo enthusiasts
- No, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg is not joining Disney
- ComputeNext takes $4M to turn the cloud marketplace into a into a one-stop shop
- Funding Daily: Electricity, clouds, and spam
- Want to save the world from asteroids? Using code? NASA has a job for you
- Game designer will turn a skyscraper into the world’s largest Tetris game
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube