The word is out: Google is secretly working on a project that is capable of making it dominate Nigeria’s Internet ecosystem in years to come. That, I call Net-Colonialism! You may call it Colonialism 2.0, if…
This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
The acquisition, though unconfirmed at this point, follows rumours…
These days, it seems that there are more ‘Daily Deal’ websites popping up than there are deals.
Groupon, the mother of all deal sites has seen tremendous success in the US, and is currently embarking on an aggressive global…
This week at the first Social Innovation Camp in Africa to be held in Lagos, Nigeria, a total of 6 ideas out of 46 submitted will be given attention.
The launch48-like event will hold between 13th – 15th January, 2011.…
Facebook, the social networking behemoth has toppled Yahoo! to become the most visited website in Nigeria, claiming the number one position which has been Yahoo!’s for years.
Before now, Yahoo! has been the number one most…
While we’re still envisaging the success of the Encipher tablet, it seems that more Nigerian companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
Today, Microscale Embedded
Editor’s Note: This is a great list of some of the best technology/social media books in town that you have to read. The list was compiled by Lauren Fisher, Co-founder of Simply Zesty. I’ve republished them here,…
After about four months of announcing the Encipher Tablet, Inye, the startup company that provides cloud computing services, is pre-releasing an alpha version of the InyeReader.
The InyeReader v0.1 is an application that runs on Android 2.2 and allows you…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Ericsson solidifies OpenStack commitment with big assist from Mirantis
- Printoo paper-thin modules bring solar power, sensing and more to 3D printing and wearable devices
- Twitter announces mobile app install cards
- Samsung Galaxy devices will get a custom Kindle app
- Sponsored post: Advertising can be so much more than a clickthrough
- How to apply Youtility to your brand: lessons from the world’s most innovative bank
- 10 tech trends every smart government should know about
- The new age of storytelling: 6 games with killer writing
- Tired of #OscarTrial? Here are 3 ways to mute it from your social media feeds
- Bonjour Africa: how language can make for a more popular ERP solution
- How Arduino And Raspberry Pi Can Enhance Your Connected Home
- The Rear-View Camera Is No Longer Just An Option For Cars—It's The Law
- How Microsoft's Cortana Stacks Up Against Siri And Google Now
- Atlassian's Geeky Software Carves Out A Big Home With Developers
- With Gnip, Twitter Is Ready To Sell Your Tweets
- Twitter Introduces Mobile App Install Ads And Integrated Ad-Buying With MoPub
- Yahoo Acquisitions Power Flickr’s New Object Recognition Search, Editing And Video Capture
- Aereo Launches ProtectMyAntenna.org To Explain Its Position Vs. Broadcasters
- Urban Transport App, Citymapper, Pulls In $10M, Led By Balderton, To Roll Into More Cities
- Work4 Raises $7M To Take On Job Boards With Its Social Network-Based Recruitment App
- Isitbump.in could show you how busy your favorite stores and bars are before you leave the house
- Notegraphy, an Instagram-style app for beautiful typography, arrives on Android
- Pacemaker for iPad updated with cover art ‘Mix Moments’ and local iTunes search results
- Eyefi launches cloud service integrated with its Wi-Fi Mobi camera card
- China’s Alibaba will launch its first mobile telecom services in June
- After taking the iPad by storm, Microsoft Office fizzles on Chromebooks
- WeChat ramps up m-commerce offerings with a flight booking service
- More ‘made in China’ coming up: Maker Faire touches down in Shenzhen
- Check out these amazing Tesla Model S hot-rod sketches
- Serious question: Who should pay for Heartbleed?
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube