The word is out: Google is secretly working on a project that is capable of making it dominate Nigeria’s Internet ecosystem in years to come. That, I call Net-Colonialism! You may call it Colonialism 2.0, if…
This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
The acquisition, though unconfirmed at this point, follows rumours…
These days, it seems that there are more ‘Daily Deal’ websites popping up than there are deals.
Groupon, the mother of all deal sites has seen tremendous success in the US, and is currently embarking on an aggressive global…
This week at the first Social Innovation Camp in Africa to be held in Lagos, Nigeria, a total of 6 ideas out of 46 submitted will be given attention.
The launch48-like event will hold between 13th – 15th January, 2011.…
Facebook, the social networking behemoth has toppled Yahoo! to become the most visited website in Nigeria, claiming the number one position which has been Yahoo!’s for years.
Before now, Yahoo! has been the number one most…
While we’re still envisaging the success of the Encipher tablet, it seems that more Nigerian companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
Today, Microscale Embedded
Editor’s Note: This is a great list of some of the best technology/social media books in town that you have to read. The list was compiled by Lauren Fisher, Co-founder of Simply Zesty. I’ve republished them here,…
After about four months of announcing the Encipher Tablet, Inye, the startup company that provides cloud computing services, is pre-releasing an alpha version of the InyeReader.
The InyeReader v0.1 is an application that runs on Android 2.2 and allows you…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- iZettle breaks out of Europe, bringing its mobile payments service to Mexico
- Now that’s a chathead: Rounds adds co-browsing to its mobile video chat apps
- Yet another YouTube funding: Bedrocket invests in Shira Lazar’s What’s Trending
- SendGrid picks fight with heavyweight MailChimp in email marketing
- Punchey puts up its dukes to challenge Square in the mobile payments ring
- Are you losing it with social media? Here’s how to find your way again
- #YouKnowYoureSouthAfricanWhen: can hashtags shape a nation’s story?
- Lumia 920 review: It’s big, it’s really big, but oh so sexy
- 7 things you need to know about South Africa’s new data protection laws
- Battles beyond the Great Firewall: India shuts out Chinese tech companies
- TC Cribs: Quirky, The NYC Startup Where Unique Inventions Are Brought To Life
- Google Fights Spying Gag Order, But Key Details Would Lack Even If Successful
- The Series A Round Is The New Series B Round
- GameStick Android Console Ship Date Delayed Until August To Refine UI
- The Offline Glass Ensures You Talk, Not Text, At The Bar
- DISH drops Sprint merger bid to focus on Clearwire deal
- Some developers already seeing more active users running iOS 7 than are still on iOS 5
- Nvidia announces new plan to license GPU cores and visual computing patents
- Dell Special Committee slaps Icahn’s new proposal as incomplete, risky
- Google alternative DuckDuckGo hit nearly 3.1M queries yesterday, up 50% in 8 days as PRISM fears rise
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube