The word is out: Google is secretly working on a project that is capable of making it dominate Nigeria’s Internet ecosystem in years to come. That, I call Net-Colonialism! You may call it Colonialism 2.0, if…
This month, we launch a new feature that I’m hoping will be regular: a weekly round-up of the biggest technology stories both locally and globally. Now by biggest, I mean stories that got our attention big time.
The acquisition, though unconfirmed at this point, follows rumours…
These days, it seems that there are more ‘Daily Deal’ websites popping up than there are deals.
Groupon, the mother of all deal sites has seen tremendous success in the US, and is currently embarking on an aggressive global…
This week at the first Social Innovation Camp in Africa to be held in Lagos, Nigeria, a total of 6 ideas out of 46 submitted will be given attention.
The launch48-like event will hold between 13th – 15th January, 2011.…
Facebook, the social networking behemoth has toppled Yahoo! to become the most visited website in Nigeria, claiming the number one position which has been Yahoo!’s for years.
Before now, Yahoo! has been the number one most…
While we’re still envisaging the success of the Encipher tablet, it seems that more Nigerian companies have started to show interest in tablet computers.
Today, Microscale Embedded
Editor’s Note: This is a great list of some of the best technology/social media books in town that you have to read. The list was compiled by Lauren Fisher, Co-founder of Simply Zesty. I’ve republished them here,…
After about four months of announcing the Encipher Tablet, Inye, the startup company that provides cloud computing services, is pre-releasing an alpha version of the InyeReader.
The InyeReader v0.1 is an application that runs on Android 2.2 and allows you…
In the June 2010 edition of Fast Company magazine (page 76), the second annual ranking of “The 100 Most Creative People in Business” ranks Nigeria’s Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and Timbuktu Media Publisher, Dele Olojede as the 66th Most Creative…
- Online car classifieds site, Carmudi receives $10 million to expand its Asia operations
- Online hotel booking service, Jovago expands into South Sudan
- Jim O’Neill invests into Nigeria’s mobile payment service, Paga
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- A debit card for bitcoin: Xapo solves the payment problem with Mastercard tie-in
- IFTTT adds an Android channel so I made a bat phone
- Facebook acquires ProtoGeo Oy, maker of fitness tracking app Moves
- Verizon loses phone customers as price competition heats up
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi rebrands itself as Mi, expands to 10 new markets
- The big lesson from Nike abandoning the FuelBand? Smartphones are the only wearable we need
- Why Facebook’s desktop decline, Apple’s iPad issues are really one and the same
- Will the real content marketing specialists please stand up?
- Hey startups, quit thinking outside the box and start exploring everyday innovation
- ‘Alien Isolation’ preview: prepare for fear
- Finnish Startup Gets Seed Backing For Its Online Education Platform Play, Eliademy
- NYT Up To Nearly 800K Paid Digital Subscribers, Plans New Food And Opinion Apps
- LinkedIn Announces Partner Programs For Sponsored Updates And Content
- Confide Brings Its Enterprise Ephemeral Messaging App To Android
- Acompli, The Email Productivity App Backed By $7.3M, Goes Live On App Store
- Grab yourself a new TNW t-shirt while supplies last
- Kevin Rose wants to launch another startup, wishes he had stayed CEO of Digg
- Duolingo announces Duolingo Test Center, a $20 mobile alternative to standardized language tests
- Wist for iPhone now recommends the top 5 best places to eat and drink anywhere in the world
- ReSnap retools its print-on-demand photo book platform to work with virtually any big data source
- Stealthy startup turns your phone into a remote control for your credit cards
- Need a ride? Alternative-cab service Lyft hits 24 new cities today
- FCC chairman promises to set ‘high bar’ in new net neutrality rules
- Vocus is marketing automation for the top of the funnel, via 60M Twitter buying signals
- Microsoft shows solid first quarter with Nadella in the driver’s seat
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube