According to Financial Times, Facebook is reportedly working on displaying ads on its apps for Android, iPad and iPhone devices as early as March 2012. The ads may appear as featured stories in the mobile news feed. If this is true, Facebook could be looking to gain an additional source of revenue before it goes public.
The National Sports Commission (NSC) reportedly spent N1.2 million in opening a Facebook account. Just so happens that opening a Faceboook account doesn’t cost a dime. My take: it is possible the Commission may have hired a consultant to create and manage the page for a fee or another smart way of embezzling funds.
“If I were starting…
Nollywood diva, Omotola has gained over 2,000 fans more than President Jonathan recently and seems more popular on the world’s largest social networking site, Facebook.
The actress and singer now has 560k…
President Jonathan who joined the largest social networking site, Facebook in June 2010…
Facebook, the social networking behemoth has toppled Yahoo! to become the most visited website in Nigeria, claiming the number one position which has been Yahoo!’s for years.
Before now, Yahoo! has been the number one most…
Google just released this year’s Zeitgeist which takes a look at the biggest events, news, and people who shaped the year 2010. Basically, how the world searched for information on Google.
This year, Google did not include “most searched…
Editor’s Note: This is a great list of some of the best technology/social media books in town that you have to read. The list was compiled by Lauren Fisher, Co-founder of Simply Zesty. I’ve republished them here,…
An initiative to give everyone a chance to say what they love about Lagos has been launched using a Facebook application and offers prizes to the most
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
- Online car classifieds site, Carmudi receives $10 million to expand its Asia operations
- Online hotel booking service, Jovago expands into South Sudan
- Jim O’Neill invests into Nigeria’s mobile payment service, Paga
- AfroCab Is The Newest Way To Hail A Taxi In Lagos
- Online Newspaper, DailyPost Is Suing Naij Over Alleged Content Piracy
- 4 AXYZ’s 3D printed wood launches on Indiegogo
- Felix Salmon is leaving Reuters for the Fusion network because the future of media is “post text”
- Could the Comcast-Time Warner merger actually be a good thing for online TV?
- Look out, internet: the FCC’s latest “net neutrality” plan is hardly neutral
- IntraLinks buys DocTrackr for $10M to beef up document encryption and tracking
- Nike’s Fuelband failure signals a win for wearables
- Popcorn Time: what the ‘Netflix you always wanted’ taught us about ourselves
- Built in Africa: Shaking Sun’s Akaliza Keza Gara on using tech to tell African stories
- Facebook sucks at innovation and its products fail a lot
- 5 simple innovations that changed motoring forever (and one that could)
- Gillmor Gang Live 04.23.14
- Vevo Releases New iOS App With A Real-Time Feed And Live Vevo TV Streams
- The FCC’s New Net Neutrality Rules Will Brutalize The Internet
- Google, AT&T, Verizon And Comcast Each Spent More Than $3M In Q1 Lobbying Congress
- Apple Sold 20 Million Apple TVs, Which Are Now Far From A Hobby
- Blurb teams up with Amazon for self-published photo books
- Uber likely to embrace new payment methods, including cash, to grow in emerging markets
- 10 Mac apps in 1 bundle – name your own price. Come and get them!
- 7 things you can do right now to protect your vision
- Codecademy leads by example, unveiling a gorgeous redesign of its ‘learn to code’ site
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube