According to Financial Times, Facebook is reportedly working on displaying ads on its apps for Android, iPad and iPhone devices as early as March 2012. The ads may appear as featured stories in the mobile news feed. If this is true, Facebook could be looking to gain an additional source of revenue before it goes public.
The National Sports Commission (NSC) reportedly spent N1.2 million in opening a Facebook account. Just so happens that opening a Faceboook account doesn’t cost a dime. My take: it is possible the Commission may have hired a consultant to create and manage the page for a fee or another smart way of embezzling funds.
“If I were starting…
Nollywood diva, Omotola has gained over 2,000 fans more than President Jonathan recently and seems more popular on the world’s largest social networking site, Facebook.
The actress and singer now has 560k…
President Jonathan who joined the largest social networking site, Facebook in June 2010…
Facebook, the social networking behemoth has toppled Yahoo! to become the most visited website in Nigeria, claiming the number one position which has been Yahoo!’s for years.
Before now, Yahoo! has been the number one most…
Google just released this year’s Zeitgeist which takes a look at the biggest events, news, and people who shaped the year 2010. Basically, how the world searched for information on Google.
This year, Google did not include “most searched…
Editor’s Note: This is a great list of some of the best technology/social media books in town that you have to read. The list was compiled by Lauren Fisher, Co-founder of Simply Zesty. I’ve republished them here,…
An initiative to give everyone a chance to say what they love about Lagos has been launched using a Facebook application and offers prizes to the most
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
- This $1 origami microscope could boost education and healthcare in developing nations
- Beats Music raises up to $100 million of new funding
- Rdio is ditching the Echo Nest in response to Spotify acquisition
- Lean in, desk workers of the world, with this crazy standing chair/desk combo
- Cheap, reliable whole-genome sequencing? Not so fast, say Stanford researchers
- Chelsea Clinton To Silicon Valley: Hey, You're Supposed To Be Changing The World
- 'Soft Electronics' Makes Wearable Computing Something You'd Actually Wear
- Raspberry Pi Gets A Sound Card: 3 Ways To Use It
- Volkswagen: 'The Car Must Not Become A Data Monster'
- How The Oculus Rift Can Help NASA Find Life On Other Planets
- New Jersey Becomes Third State To Ban Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- A Very Flappy Crowdtilted Journalism Experiment
- SigFig Hires Financial Engines Exec Steve Lifgren To Build Out Its Operations Team
- Watch An Industrial Robot Nearly Beat A Professional Ping Pong Player At His Own Game – Sort Of
- 23andMe Founder Discusses The Promises And Perils Of Genetic Information
- Smart kegerator can keep track of how much beer your friends drank
- Technical recruiting is broken: Here are 4 ways to hire better
- Forget what you know: There’s no right way to start up
- You can help search for Flight MH370 with Tomnod’s crowdsourced satellite image platform
- Nikon launches “Behind the Scenes” series for photo enthusiasts
- No, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg is not joining Disney
- ComputeNext takes $4M to turn the cloud marketplace into a into a one-stop shop
- Funding Daily: Electricity, clouds, and spam
- Want to save the world from asteroids? Using code? NASA has a job for you
- Game designer will turn a skyscraper into the world’s largest Tetris game
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube