According to Financial Times, Facebook is reportedly working on displaying ads on its apps for Android, iPad and iPhone devices as early as March 2012. The ads may appear as featured stories in the mobile news feed. If this is true, Facebook could be looking to gain an additional source of revenue before it goes public.
The National Sports Commission (NSC) reportedly spent N1.2 million in opening a Facebook account. Just so happens that opening a Faceboook account doesn’t cost a dime. My take: it is possible the Commission may have hired a consultant to create and manage the page for a fee or another smart way of embezzling funds.
“If I were starting…
Nollywood diva, Omotola has gained over 2,000 fans more than President Jonathan recently and seems more popular on the world’s largest social networking site, Facebook.
The actress and singer now has 560k…
President Jonathan who joined the largest social networking site, Facebook in June 2010…
Facebook, the social networking behemoth has toppled Yahoo! to become the most visited website in Nigeria, claiming the number one position which has been Yahoo!’s for years.
Before now, Yahoo! has been the number one most…
Google just released this year’s Zeitgeist which takes a look at the biggest events, news, and people who shaped the year 2010. Basically, how the world searched for information on Google.
This year, Google did not include “most searched…
Editor’s Note: This is a great list of some of the best technology/social media books in town that you have to read. The list was compiled by Lauren Fisher, Co-founder of Simply Zesty. I’ve republished them here,…
An initiative to give everyone a chance to say what they love about Lagos has been launched using a Facebook application and offers prizes to the most
Social Cubix helps the world’s largest, most-trusted brands navigate social media, extending their advertising campaigns into the social world.
Founded in 2008 by Nigerian entrepreneur, Udoka Uzoka, Social Cubix provides unique solutions to individuals, companies and organizations interested in…
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Verizon quietly unleashes its LTE monster, tripling 4G capacity in major cities
- 4 stories about how design & user obsession can have a big impact
- Fandom rules: Netflix’s war on mass culture
- What cockroaches can teach robots about running at high speeds
- Palantir: The worst-kept $9B secret in Silicon Valley
- Sound Familiar? Trace Launches A Social App That Lets You Share Your Purchases With Friends
- Google Still Lags In Mobile Cameras, But Android 4.1.1 Should Make Things Better For The Nexus 5
- After 12M Downloads, Houzz Launches Redesigned iOS App With Full Screen Images, Easier Navigation
- This Week On The TC Europe Podcast: Mallzee, Kano, And Hoxton Ventures
- Foursquare 7.0 Brings Scannable Design And Expands Proactive Recommendations To All Users
- Amazon is increasing its Webstore seller and transaction fees on February 1, 2014
- The Next Web is hiring a creative tech writer, based in the US or Canada
- comScore: Apple takes 40.6% share as top US smartphone maker, Samsung hits 25.4%; Android stops losing share
- Microsoft updates Skype for iOS with faster startup time and redesigned sign-in screen
- Google Search for Android and iOS gets French, German, and Japanese voice support
- At MailChimp, data science works behind the scenes
- Is that the sound of the Bitcoin Bubble popping?
- 5 reasons why Facebook, Twitter, and 2,000 others haven’t cracked social commerce yet
- How scientists put data to work for weather & transportation
- Who needs Facebook? Snapchat is raising another $55M, with a $2B valuation
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube