In one of the major telecoms market upsets of 2010, Globacom has emerged the 2nd largest mobile operator in Nigeria, by subscribers.
The NCC Telecom Subscriber’s Report released recently showed Globacom Nigeria with 19, 627,415 subscribers…
Getting your name, brand, product or cause to trend on Twitter requires a lot of tweets and retweets from passionate and loyal twitterers.
Some of the best Nigeria-related twitter trends we’ve seen so far are #abaversion, #MI2 and #englishmadeinnigeria…
When Globacom announced last week Tuesday that their subscribers can make free on-net Glo-to-Glo calls for a daily charge of N40.00 only, in a promo tagged Glo BIIIG DASH, it seemed like the smartest marketing campaign ever in the…
After about two weeks of announcing the launch of a new feature that allows their subscribers send Twitter updates via SMS on their mobile phones, Starcomms has today announced a new feature called Facebook…
If you are living in Nigeria, I guess you’ll be tired by now with the adverts and promotional efforts by telecommunication companies such as Globacom, Zain Nigeria, Etisalat Nigeria and MTN Nigeria, especially on the radio.
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Nike has reportedly fired most of its FuelBand team and is getting out of the hardware business
- Turn your Instagrams into a business: Snapwire, a new mobile stock photo website, opens to public
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches despite bad weather
- Welcome to the spectrum-dome: FCC lays groundwork for its controversial incentive auction
- This week in bitcoin: Another creator, another MtGox failure
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- How to grow an awesome community to fuel your social startup
- Nike has reportedly canceled its FuelBand hardware project [Update]
- Meet Goccia, a penny-sized activity tracker that ditches Bluetooth for LED syncing
- Journey through the colossal ice castles of the American Southwest
- Leave work at work: How to properly end your day
- Microsoft drops $1.1B to grow its data center footprint in Iowa
- Goodbye, FuelBand: Nike reportedly fired dozens of its wearables experts
- Preact raises $4.6M, launches ‘customer success’ service
- Software is eating the world, and venture capital is feasting on older software
- How negative comments can boost sales 40% — under the right conditions
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube