In one of the major telecoms market upsets of 2010, Globacom has emerged the 2nd largest mobile operator in Nigeria, by subscribers.
The NCC Telecom Subscriber’s Report released recently showed Globacom Nigeria with 19, 627,415 subscribers…
Getting your name, brand, product or cause to trend on Twitter requires a lot of tweets and retweets from passionate and loyal twitterers.
Some of the best Nigeria-related twitter trends we’ve seen so far are #abaversion, #MI2 and #englishmadeinnigeria…
When Globacom announced last week Tuesday that their subscribers can make free on-net Glo-to-Glo calls for a daily charge of N40.00 only, in a promo tagged Glo BIIIG DASH, it seemed like the smartest marketing campaign ever in the…
After about two weeks of announcing the launch of a new feature that allows their subscribers send Twitter updates via SMS on their mobile phones, Starcomms has today announced a new feature called Facebook…
If you are living in Nigeria, I guess you’ll be tired by now with the adverts and promotional efforts by telecommunication companies such as Globacom, Zain Nigeria, Etisalat Nigeria and MTN Nigeria, especially on the radio.
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- The scorpion and the frog: Who wins as Facebook makes tweaks to its newsfeed algorithms?
- Netflix open sources its data traffic cop, Suro
- New Relic, getting IPO ducks in a row, brings on Salesforce.com vet
- E.W. Scripps acquires video news service Newsy for $35 million
- Scientists have figured out why low-cost organic solar cells lose their efficiency over time
- 4 massive trends and events that completely changed the face of tech in 2013
- Apple’s app diet: how it took a step backwards with iLife and iWork
- South African entrepreneurs take a bow: a North American’s perspective
- Web hosting: the complete beginner’s guide
- Miley, Mandela and the Harlem Shake: the biggest posts on Facebook this year
- Payments Company Square Debuts A Newly Designed Website
- Fashion Site StyleCaster Gets A Glossy Redesign, Adds E-Commerce Features
- Codecademy Releases Its First Educational App, A.K.A. My New Subway Time Killer
- Kleiner Perkins Partner Chi-Hua Chien Transitioning Out Of Firm
- Opscode Raises $32M To Expand IT Automation Platform, Changes Name To Chef
- Microsoft Research’s social network Socl launches on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone
- Flipboard adds Reuters to its social reader app
- Microsoft confirms Windows 7 sales ended on October 30, PCs with Windows 7 don’t yet have an end of sales date
- Groupon acquires social gifting service Boomerang for its new Freebies category
- 5 ways to improve your website’s conversion rate
- Facebook, Google, Twitter, and more create the Reform Government Surveillance coalition
- Obama kicks off CS Education Week with Code.org: ‘Don’t just play on your phone, program it’
- Why mobile payment systems fail
- Will all-in-one electric bicycle wheels swamp electric cars?
- Everything visible: How wearable cameras are changing the way we think about public space
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube