With Twitter’s success in providing real-time information to users around the world, we’re left second-guessing what the future of the web would become. At the time of writing this, Twitter is the 11th most visited site in the world…
The much anticipated Barcamp Africa (made in Africa) which was scheduled for June 4 – 7 in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire has been cancelled until further notice. It is not the first time that an African organized event has been…
Last week, I gave a presentation at the Nigeria Digital Sense Forum 2010 about the startup ecosystem in Nigeria. The event which held at the Golden Gate Restaurant in Ikoyi gathered ICT experts, industry leaders, technology entrepreneurs…
Described as “the best technology event that has ever happened in the history of the Nigerian web industry”, Barcamp Nigeria 2010 has been officially announced.
Born out of the desire to build connections between technopreneurs and…
It’s been about 100 days since BarCamp Nigeria gathered software and mobile applications developers, technology enthusiasts and entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria where discussions on building a tech community in Nigeria amongst others were highlighted.
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Uber adds new $1 “safe rides fee” to UberX rides
- Google is sending dummy Glass units to prospective Explorers
- Can a little-known blogger turn his site into a business by selling memberships? Ben Thompson is sure going to try
- Twitter account tied to “Internet crime” police raid – report
- Twitter’s data grants will be used to research food poisoning, cancer, happiness
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Guides.co Aims To Be The Hub For Companies’ White Papers And How-To Content
- Founder Stories: Serial Entrepreneur Karl Jacob Is Up At The Plate Again With Hangtime
- As Food Delivery War Heats Up, Sprig Plans To Serve Lunch
- Tuition.io Picks Up A New Investor, As It Manages Over $1 Billion In Student Loans
- I Hijacked The Startup Alley Application System To Extend The Deadline, So Apply Now!
- Risk-averse Chinese mobile tech firms are suddenly going all-in on global, but why?
- Skitch for iOS updated to let you share those pink-arrowed pics even faster
- Amazon is adding Hulu Plus, Crackle, and Showtime Anytime catalogs into Fire TV’s voice search
- Laughing Giraffe’s new Soundpix app makes your photos talk
- Heroku launches bug bounty program with rewards ranging from $100 to $1,500
- Android device owners, now you can control your desktop from across the room — or the world
- Fire TV: More a chess piece for Amazon than a worthy gadget (review)
- Twitter goes after a Facebook cash cow: Ads pushing mobile app installs
- Web-hosting firm Linode spends $45M on upgrades, hopes to fend off younger competitors
- SpringCM: With this $18M, we ‘want to be in every fight’ with Dropbox & Box
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube