ISPs and broadband services have repeatedly been described as Plug ‘n’ Pray services in Nigeria. But not anymore!
After a user test of Netcom Africa’s internet speed at the Google Nigeria Day event today, I think it is safe to conclude that Netcom is the fastest ISP in Nigeria at the moment.
Just in case you think that Nokia doesn’t care (No-kia), this photo shows how much the brand cares and connects relationships together. On the other hand, Blackberry seems to be stressing the hell out of relationships these…
I’m not one who responds to ignorant criticisms of me or my work, but when someone who’s not a ‘tech blogger’ says that Nigerian technology bloggers are not relevant, it becomes necessary to put things in proper perspective.
I may have been omitted from CNN’s list of African tech voices published today, but I was delighted to receive copies of the BBC Focus on Africa Magazine (January – March 2012) edition featuring my cover story article.…
On February 7, I was contacted by Teo Kermeliotis from CNN who told me that they were “putting together a web story about some of Africa’s tech leaders to follow on Twitter” and would like to include me in the list.
Never mind that people don’t usually celebrate bloggers yet in Nigeria, just like the entertainment industry and fans do for their most talented and favourite celebs.
Here’s what Techloy.com’s mobile site looks like on a Samsung Galaxy Note. The MTN ad you see above runs on the TwinPine Network.
Image via: @odustriangle
Omatek is building a multi-billion naira factory powered by solar in Nigeria. The new solar-powered factory expected to take off immediately is the first of its kind in Africa and would be a major income revenue for the company providing 24-hour power to homes, offices, schools, hospitals and hotels.
With the goal of becoming a global digital leader, New York City has strived to create a better civil society and stronger democracy with the use of technology – engaging, serving and connecting New York since 2010. Through its Road Map for the Digital City, the city is revolutionising access to technology, encouraging open government, engagement and supporting industry.
- Protected: The Awareness And Usage Of Mobile Money Remains Low in Nigeria [REPORT]
- Yahoo to stop user access of services with Facebook, Google IDs
- Microsoft rolls out Xbox One March update with new features and improvements
- Google Capital invests $50 million into real estate marketplace, Auction.com
- Microsoft releases the Office 365 Android SDK for download
- Slow-and-steady Afinia’s new 3D printer continues to get easier to use
- Secret reportedly raises nearly $10M from Google Ventures and Kleiner Perkins
- Facebook tells us how we talk about each other
- Soon you’ll be able to IM your waiter for a beer and a dozen wings at your favorite sports bar
- Gigaom Research webinar: the software-defined enterprise: building your business around digital services
- 10 years on, we’re still getting Facebook ROI all wrong
- Mobile payments: BLE vs NFC isn’t a fair fight
- Fitbit Flex review: the smart fitness tracker that will get you off the couch
- Mxit’s plan to rock India? Focus on feature phones and social change
- 5 ways you can prepare for the shift from ecommerce to ‘all-commerce’
- Modders Get Samsung’s Exclusive Music Service Running On Non-Samsung Devices Within Hours Of Launch
- This Week On The TC Gadgets Podcast: Omate, CarPlay, And Hoverboards… Oh My!
- Finalists In VC Bill Tai’s New Startup Contest Will Pitch Sir Richard Branson On Necker Island
- FireEye Drops 9% As Its Stock Price Catches Up With Its Massive Secondary Offer
- Moven Takes Its Mobile Banking App Out Of Beta
- Pinterest’s first transparency report: 12 government requests for data on 13 accounts in second half of 2013
- This is the future of retail: Robotic fitting rooms and magic augmented reality mirrors
- Google is “pretty sure” its data is now protected against government spying, Eric Schmidt says
- Mozilla reallocates Persona developers to other projects, lets authentication system’s community take over
- The power of community: Why we crave shared experiences
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube
New Spin Palace Mobile App
Mobile usage is definitely on a great increase in the digital world. With the introduction of 4G making gaming quicker, Spin Palace have released a new near photo-realistic Tomb Raider Mobile Casino App. The game is in great stereo sound, and available to play for free. The original Tomb Raider sold over 35 million, and is still seen as an absolute classic. The game takes you to the breath taking world of lost treasures, and of course, the exceptional Lara Croft. You can play on your Android, Blackberry, iPhone or Smartphone.