This Friday, I’ll be joining leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design at TEDx in Victoria Island, Lagos.
Are you coming?
A lot of people know and call me by my first name, ‘Loy’, although there have been several written and pronounced variations of that name — Aloy, Loi, Leo, Law, (insert whatever suits you here) — which is a…
When someone I don’t know, never met before, and never spoken to before creates an app for my blog, then I know I’m gradually becoming a web celeb
From wearing jeans and t-shirt at tech events to Zuckerberg-inspired hoodies to meetings, it seems that Nigerian entrepreneurs would soon be dumping their starched shirts as Oo Nwoye is inspiring a new cadre of hip-hop styled Internet entrepreneurs.
I’m amused that Naij, a recently launched news and information portal for Nigeria is currently running a Facebook ad campaign that says it is a better news source than Vanguard. Turns out that Naij sources news from Vanguard and other news sources on the Internet as well, so it does seem that it is biting the finger that feeds it.
The SMS reads:
“Dear Customer, Enjoy unlimited access on all our electronic channels-ATMs /POS, Cards…
A few weeks ago, I was looking for freelance photographers to cover upcoming Techloy events, so I decided to test drive their talents at the just concluded Mobile Web West Africa event.
It was just last week that Sarah Lacy of PandoDaily passionately defended her friend, Paul Carr (Paul De Drunk, if you like), after the majority of The Wall Street Journal readers believe he wasn’t sober. At…
I’m creating a personal logo brand…with my initials L.O and thought I should get some feedback before the final design gets off the oven.
Check out these two logo design samples below and your opinion would be appreciated …
A few weeks ago, my wife returned home with some soup bought from a local restaurant close to where she works which we used for dinner that Friday night. The soup prepared with Oha leafs and assorted meat, fish and kpomo (my favourite) was very delicious and to my delight, so I requested that she makes the same someday.
- How Akure Is Building A Promising Tech Startup Culture And Community
- EXCLUSIVE: Google Nigeria Programs Manager Quits, Joins Konga
- Jason Njoku Owns 35 Percent Of Mark Essien’s Hotels Booking Startup
- TECNO Launches The P3, Its Latest Android-Based Budget Smartphone [PHOTOS]
- Leading Online Store Solution, WebMallNG.com Launches Its Gift Registry
- pC LIVE Podcast: How to monetize digital content: Advertising or paywall?
- Faster & faster! The US now has 82.4 million broadband connections
- Say those magic words: Xbox One, Google Glass and the rise of the always-on microphone
- Boost Mobile applies a unique spin on the mobile wallet
- Top jobs of the week in tech
- Undervalued display ads, mobile: how Tumblr will earn Yahoo billions
- The ticking tax-bomb: is Google good for your country?
- XBOX ONE: an all-in-one home entertainment system
- What can we learn from 3 of the world’s most innovative marketing campaigns?
- Why BlackBerry, Microsoft’s desperate scrap for third place is so important
- Aiming To Be The Mobile Banking App To Rule Them All, Numbrs Stashes $7.7M Of Fresh Funding
- Rando's 5M Anti-Social Photo Shares Could Be The Canary In The Social Networking Coalmine
- Sleep Tracking Startup Zeo Says Goodnight
- Zalora, Rocket Internet's SE Asian Zappos Clone, Raises $100M More From Summit, Kinnevik And More
- He Should Have Just Spelled It JIF Then
- Frustrated with the Xbox One? That’s okay, because Microsoft isn’t building its next system for you
- Chinese telecom giant ZTE denies EU accusations of illegal subsidies and dumping
- Docomo completes $130m acquisition of MCV, Guam’s top TV and Web provider (yes, Guam)
- Salesforce opens its mobile services to the public sector to help government agencies reach citizens
- CanvasDropr rebrands and folds its online collaboration tools under ‘Assemblage’ brand; inks Tibco deal
- Funding Daily: Silicon Valley Is Burning
- Grownups speak to startups: We’re not into technology just because it’s cool
- Keas partners with nutrition experts to encourage employee wellness
- Microsoft Store offers $10 credit in return for Xbox One email signups
- How Maslow’s hierarchy can help you build a great mobile checkout process
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube