I’m amused that Naij, a recently launched news and information portal for Nigeria is currently running a Facebook ad campaign that says it is a better news source than Vanguard. Turns out that Naij sources news from Vanguard and other news sources on the Internet as well, so it does seem that it is biting the finger that feeds it. Oh well…so much for click-through and conversion rates. This thing that hunger for pageviews does, eh!
Related Posts via Categories
- Will Omatek Produce Low-Cost Solar-Powered Tablets?
- Can Italy’s Volunia Out-Google Google Search?
- What Governor Fashola Should Learn From NYC’s Digital Future
- Facebook To Display Ads on Mobile Apps?
- Huffington Post To Launch 24-Hour Online TV Channel
- New Skype For Windows = HD Video Calls + Facebook Integration
- Ex-Google Kenya Head Said She ‘Decided To Leave’? Don’t Buy It!
- Obama 2012 Campaign Is Squared Up
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Has Google Kenya Country Manager Been Fired?
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- iZettle breaks out of Europe, bringing its mobile payments service to Mexico
- Now that’s a chathead: Rounds adds co-browsing to its mobile video chat apps
- Yet another YouTube funding: Bedrocket invests in Shira Lazar’s What’s Trending
- SendGrid picks fight with heavyweight MailChimp in email marketing
- Punchey puts up its dukes to challenge Square in the mobile payments ring
- Are you losing it with social media? Here’s how to find your way again
- #YouKnowYoureSouthAfricanWhen: can hashtags shape a nation’s story?
- Lumia 920 review: It’s big, it’s really big, but oh so sexy
- 7 things you need to know about South Africa’s new data protection laws
- Battles beyond the Great Firewall: India shuts out Chinese tech companies
- TC Cribs: Quirky, The NYC Startup Where Unique Inventions Are Brought To Life
- Google Fights Spying Gag Order, But Key Details Would Lack Even If Successful
- The Series A Round Is The New Series B Round
- GameStick Android Console Ship Date Delayed Until August To Refine UI
- The Offline Glass Ensures You Talk, Not Text, At The Bar
- HTC One Mini moniker confirmed, 720p HD screen found in tow
- HTC Desire 200 emerges as a low-end, 3.5″ Android smartphone with a 5MP camera and Beats Audio
- LG Optimus G Pro hits 1 million sales in South Korea, a month slower than the Samsung Galaxy Note II
- China’s Qihoo launches wireless router as it forays into hardware, now accepting pre-orders online
- Adobe releases major updates to its products under Creative Cloud, launches desktop app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube