World famous “sleepless hacking weekend” Garage48 is coming to Lagos, Nigeria during the weekend of May 6-8, 2011.
Garage48 is an event for brave and active startup-minded people who want to develop their new idea into a product (or working prototype) within 48 hours.
Garage48 events which started out in Estonia have been successful in Europe, and the organizers are now looking to bring it to Africa with the goal of connecting the startup & tech communities in Nigeria/Africa.
Garage48 Lagos would gather about 100 participants with various roles, including Graphic Designers & User Interaction gurus, Web Front-end Developers (HTML, CSS, JS, Ajax), Programmers and Backend Developers (PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, etc), Mobile Application Developers (J2ME, Android, Qt, iPhone), Marketing Wizards, Visionary entrepreneurs and Project managers.
If you want to try out your skills and see how ideas can become reality within 48 hours, then sign up for the event here.
Do you like this post? Subscribe to this blog’s feed at http://loyokezie.com/feed and share the post.
Related Posts via Categories
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- Speaking at a Consumer Engagement Workshop in Lagos
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 25 Ideas Pitched At Garage48 Lagos
- 9 Startups To Demo At “Tech Open Day With Sarah Lacy” Event
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- TechCrunch’s Sarah Lacy Coming To Nigeria in May
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- 6 Tech Ideas Shortlisted For Tech-in-Governance
- Announcing Nigeria’s Best Use of Social Media at #SowambeAwards
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Bitcoin stumbles as Chinese government tells banks to stay away from it
- Microsoft moves to reassure foreign governments and businesses over its security
- Twitter signs deal with Deutsche Telekom — T-Mobile users to get homescreen widget in 2014
- Treading the fine line of AWS love and fear of lock in
- Sponsored Research: How story-driven video is poised to take off
- Sound Familiar? Trace Launches A Social App That Lets You Share Your Purchases With Friends
- Google Still Lags In Mobile Cameras, But Android 4.1.1 Should Make Things Better For The Nexus 5
- After 12M Downloads, Houzz Launches Redesigned iOS App With Full Screen Images, Easier Navigation
- This Week On The TC Europe Podcast: Mallzee, Kano, And Hoxton Ventures
- Foursquare 7.0 Brings Scannable Design And Expands Proactive Recommendations To All Users
- BSkyB’s Sky Go app is landing on Windows Phone 8, but only for Nokia Lumia devices in Italy
- PiixL’s SteamOS-compatible Jetpack PC hides neatly behind your TV. On sale next month
- Twitter strikes up partnership with Deutsche Telekom, new widget on the way
- China’s central bank says it doesn’t recognize Bitcoin as a legal currency and warns of risks
- Microsoft expands encryption and boosts legal protections for its data to tackle government spying
- Bringing U.S. investing to Europe – Hoxton Ventures raises $40m VC fund to target early-stage startups
- Need a spare tire or free doughnut? Circle connects you to people and events nearby
- How companies decide what to do with those darned data scientists
- Funding Daily: It’s beginning to look a lot like… dolla dolla bills ya’ll
- Jailbreaking iOS 7: A crowdfunded ‘device freedom prize’ for the first open source exploit
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube