MobileMonday (MoMo), the global networking event that gathers mobile enthusiasts, developers and visionaries in the mobile space in different countries is launching a Nigerian chapter, MoMo Nigeria this March.
Since 2000, MobileMonday chapters have been meeting offline at physical monthly events – around the world – to explore the many new and exciting opportunities of the mobile industry.
This March, the first meetup of mobile enthusiasts and developers in Lagos, Nigeria have been organized by MoMo Nigeria.
The event details are as follows:
Date: Monday, March 21, 2011
Venue: Robert’s (Brown’s) Cafe, 16B Akin Olugbade Street Victoria Island, Lagos.
Time: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM (GMT+1)
Here’s what to expect at this month’s MobileMonday meetup:
1. Discussion about the opportunities of Location Based Services in Nigeria.
2. Showcase of ReVoDa, a mobile app to monitor the 2011 elections.
3. Opportunity to get the ReVoDa application right there at the meeting. Note: You’ll need your Polling Unit number (found in the right hand corner of your voters’ card) so you can get first-hand experience of the app.
MoMo is a tool to help the mobile industry achieve benefits for everyone by spreading knowledge and encouraging people with good ideas to take action.
So join “mobile folks” in Lagos at MobileMonday this evening to examine how mobile tools and technologies can contribute to making our neighborhoods, our cities, our societies, and our lives better.
Related Posts via Categories
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- Obama 2012 Campaign Is Squared Up
- Mobicanvas – An Innovative Mobile Site Builder
- How Facebook Dominates Mobile Web Usage in Africa [Infographic]
- Vanguard Emerges 5th Most Visited Site on Opera Mini Browser
- NCC Shutdown Mobile Communications in Abuja
- Google’s AdSense for Mobile Content Comes To Nigeria
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- ThisDay Newspaper Launches iPad App
- Nigeria Sees Huge Mobile Advertising Growth
- Why Facebook Is Losing Active Users in Nigeria [OPINION]
- Rocket Internet-Backed Vehicle Classified Ad Site, Carmido Launches To Challenge Cheki
- Google Policy Manager For Africa, Ory Okolloh Joins Omidyar Network
- Want To Be A Telecoms Engineering Professional? Ahmadu Bello University Now Has An MSc Programme
- Nokia Becomes First Major Brand In Nigeria To Be Verified On Twitter
- Marissa Mayer Has Already Made One Big Mistake With Tumblr
- Google Planning Wireless Networks To Connect The Next 1B People - WSJ
- Microsoft And Google Declare A Truce In Their YouTube Fight
- iOS 7 Rumor Watch: 'Black, White and Flat All Over'
- Google Has A Trojan Horse To Disrupt TV: Really, Really Big Data
- The First Six Months Developing For The Computer On My Face
- 50M Matches Strong, Hot Mobile Dating App Tinder Is Ready To Go Global, And Move Beyond Flirting
- Google Now's “Topics” Page Returns And Shows You How Much Google Knows About You, But It Only Works On Android
- Ask A VC: Index Ventures' Danny Rimer On The Future Of Ecommerce And More
- Microsoft And Google Bury The Hatchet To Work On A Windows Phone YouTube App With Ads
- More than a year after its shutdown, Google to move all Buzz posts to its Drive service on July 17
- Creative blogging platform Jux to close August 31, cites growth as not being “large or fast enough”
- Do these screenshots reveal a heavily revamped Gmail for mobile and Web is on the way?
- Google, Verizon and Acer offer Chromebook stations and free WiFi to Oklahoma tornado victims
- SideCar updates iOS and Android apps with detour mode, Facebook login support, and revamped ratings
- Why due diligence matters in equity crowdfunding
- DHS warns of vulnerability exposing employee social security numbers
- Peter Thiel’s venture firm to invest in space (exclusive)
- Yahoo continues spending spree by jumping into the bidding fray over Hulu
- Google and Microsoft agree to play nicely on a new YouTube Windows Phone app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube