“Welcome to the official twitter page for Fola Adeola. The next Vice President of our country Nigeria”.
Those were the words that heralded what appears to be the official twitter account of Fola Adeola, the Vice President aspirant under the ACN party of the 2011 Nigerian elections.
In case you don’t know, Fola Adeola is the Founder and Chairman of GTBank, one of Nigeria’s leading banks. He is also the Chairman of Main One Cable company and Founder/Chairman of FATE Foundation.
234Next described Mr. Adeola as a banker, businessman and politician, in a recent article.
Though it is not certain whether Fola Adeola himself created the account or if he’s the one managing the twitter account.
Some notable twitter accounts that @folaadeolavp currently follows are @NuhuRibadu, his party’s Presidential aspirant, @fatefoundation, his organisation, @theivd, a subsidiary of FATE Foundation, @tundefashola, Governor of Lagos State, an ACN party member, @acnlagos and @acnigeria, his party’s twitter accounts.
It’ll be interesting to see how he’ll be using Twitter and social media to drive his campaign bid.
Related Posts via Categories
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Is Etisalat Trying Too Hard To Trend #NigerianIdol and #Easynet on Twitter?
- Nigeria’s First Blackberry Constitution App Hits 10,000 Downloads in 72 hours
- Another 1st from Starcomms!…Isn’t that MTN’s line?
- MTN Nigeria, Arik Air Tunes to Twitter
- Is Your Business Using Twitter for Business?
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- NextSpeel Launches Bringing Nigerian TV Series And Soap Operas Online
- Having problems with your Netflix? You can blame Verizon
- A jilted Sprint sues Dish, claiming its offer for Clearwire is illegal
- GE wants to use artificial intelligence to predict the future of hospitals
- Want to 3D print your next home? It’ll take you 220 years to finish
- Solar-powered phone screen could boost battery life
- Can Shuttleworth really help startups by taking on SA exchange controls?
- Project Loon: Google’s bid to connect the globe with high-altitude balloons
- Cyberwarfare and the secrets of PRISM: top tech stories you should read
- Workflow on the go: how to bring your office to your mobile
- The most comprehensive guide to the SA startup landscape ever [Resource]
- Living In The Future With The Form Labs Form 1
- Why Gaming Is Still A Great Bet For Investors
- Win Admission To creativeLIVE's “Secrets From Silicon Valley” Workshop
- Indonesian Instagram-Clone PicMix Gets Monetization Right From The Start
- Google Will Soon Start Selling Chromebooks At Walmart And Staples, Other Retailers Coming Soon
- Google teams with Starbucks to offer unlimited music through its Google Play Music service
- Microsoft introduces global program to sell massively discounted Surface RT tablets to schools
- Watermelon Oreos. Watermelon. Oreos.
- Confirmed: Oculus VR raises $16M from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners for its virtual reality platform
- President Obama: If you are a US citizen the NSA can’t listen to your calls, or target your emails
- SF Mayor Ed Lee says mid-Market St. ‘thriving’ because of Twitter
- NASA selects its newest space explorers — and half are women
- RetailMeNot files for IPO, shows coupons really are sexy
- Why the half-life of a Pinterest pin is thousands of times longer than a tweet or Facebook post
- Keaton Row rescues fashion victims by connecting them with personal stylists online
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube