“Welcome to the official twitter page for Fola Adeola. The next Vice President of our country Nigeria”.
Those were the words that heralded what appears to be the official twitter account of Fola Adeola, the Vice President aspirant under the ACN party of the 2011 Nigerian elections.
In case you don’t know, Fola Adeola is the Founder and Chairman of GTBank, one of Nigeria’s leading banks. He is also the Chairman of Main One Cable company and Founder/Chairman of FATE Foundation.
234Next described Mr. Adeola as a banker, businessman and politician, in a recent article.
Though it is not certain whether Fola Adeola himself created the account or if he’s the one managing the twitter account.
Some notable twitter accounts that @folaadeolavp currently follows are @NuhuRibadu, his party’s Presidential aspirant, @fatefoundation, his organisation, @theivd, a subsidiary of FATE Foundation, @tundefashola, Governor of Lagos State, an ACN party member, @acnlagos and @acnigeria, his party’s twitter accounts.
It’ll be interesting to see how he’ll be using Twitter and social media to drive his campaign bid.
Related Posts via Categories
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Twitter Launches ‘Local Trends’ for Nigeria
- #WhatAboutUs? – Nigeria’s First Ever Youth-Focused Presidential Debate To Stream Live on YouTube
- Adloopz Lets You Loop Adverts On Social Networks
- Is Etisalat Trying Too Hard To Trend #NigerianIdol and #Easynet on Twitter?
- Nigeria’s First Blackberry Constitution App Hits 10,000 Downloads in 72 hours
- Another 1st from Starcomms!…Isn’t that MTN’s line?
- MTN Nigeria, Arik Air Tunes to Twitter
- Is Your Business Using Twitter for Business?
- Google Plus Vs Facebook Growth in Nigeria
- Facebook now has 100 million active users in India
- Rocket Internet’s hotel booking site Jovago launches in Pakistan
- Indonesian government toys with imposing 20% import taxes on foreign-made smartphones
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S5 and its new Gear devices commercially available globally
- Dimension Data opens office in Ghana
- Record industry finds a new way to squeeze Pandora, but it won’t help musicians
- User experience is the new differentiator. How will that affect the internet?
- Firehost, Linode news shows IaaS life beyond Amazon Web Services
- Thin film electronics may hold the key to human size health care
- Moore’s law gives way to Bezos’s law
- The incredible disappearing HTC: what its SA strategy reveals about its global woes
- The 10 fastest production cars ever to lap the Nürburgring
- Is IAB’s Rising Star ad format another nail in banner advertising’s coffin?
- Intel presses for conflict-free minerals in Africa with new microprocessors
- Weibo’s bargain basement IPO: bad numbers, censorship and missed chances
- Airbnb And NY Attorney General Prepare To Meet In Court This Week
- AI Experts On The Reality Behind The Sci-Fi Thriller “Transcendence”
- Cognoa’s App Will Evaluate Children’s Risk For Autism From Videos And Other Data
- #Love: I’m Single, Therefore I Tinder
- Hands On With Facebook Nearby Friends [Video]: No More Checkins
- Meeting Assistant’s slick meeting-management app lands on Android
- Solar Walk for Android guides you through our solar system with stunning visuals
- Nintendo’s original Game Boy is now 25 years old
- MediaFire’s Dropbox-style file-storage service arrives on iPad
- Update: HTC launches the One (M8) in India but clarifies that a Google Play Edition isn’t coming after all
- K-Cube Ventures stands out in Korea for speedy, ambitious investment style
- Tesla will source battery materials from North America exclusively
- Seattle entrepreneur is turning old soda bottles into 3D printer ‘ink’
- Why Madison Avenue is becoming more like Wall Street
- Google scoops up another high-profile scientist for anti-death project
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube