Encipher has announced that they’re in talks with several content providers for the INYE tablet and Encipher TV.
Saheed Adepoju, Encipher’s co-founder, officially confirmed that they are in final discussions with Opera, Students Circle Network, EVCL, SocketWorks and Breadth of Life Ministries to provide content.
The Encipher-Opera deal would see the Opera browser bundled into the INYE tablet and Encipher TV.
At the moment, the INYE uses the Chrome Lite as its native browser, although there are indications that the Opera browser might become the default browser for the INYE, if the deal goes through.
Adepoju also disclosed that Students Circle Network, an educational social network would develop an android application to be installed on the INYE tablets that would allow students to collaborate and form study groups across the globe.
Also announced was a possible deal with EVCL, an Abuja-based animation company that produced the Nigerian animation series, Fino and Bino. You can watch the first episode on Youtube.
According to Adepoju,
“They are happy to provide contents to us and are in the process of finalizing a suitable monetization model to suit both parties…”
While it is too early to say whether or not these potential deals would be exclusive, it is very likely that one or two of them are exclusive.
Related Posts via Categories
- Inye 2 Is Likely Coming This March. And Here’s What To Expect From The Tablet
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- CONFIRMED: INYE 2 To Be Unveiled At Google Nigeria Day
- Exclusive: Here’s What Inye 2 Will Look Like. Slim. Sleek. Sexy [PHOTO]
- Opera Mobile Appstore Launches in Over 200 Countries, Including Nigeria
- If You Like Apple TV, You’ll Love Encipher TV.
- Encipher To Launch App Store Next Year
- Encipher Announces Pre-release of InyeReader
- Encipher Announces Local App Deal with ALT-I
- Exclusive: Screenshots and Photos of the Encipher Tablet
- Apple shrinks iPhone return window to 14 days
- Heart rates are cool, but the BSX Insight wearable measures lactate threshold too
- Tipbit snags $4M to make your iPhone experience more productive
- Got a Sprint iPhone 5? You can now activate it on Ting and save money
- Apple approved to build new flagship store in SF
- Twitter and beyond: the #Oscartrial by the social media numbers
- 5 road rules for ethical content marketing
- ‘I don’t want to take music backward’: Neil Young on the launch of PonoMusic [SXSW]
- Living in the future: why imagination is our most important resource
- 7 very special cars from the Geneva Motor Show
- Chelsea Clinton To Silicon Valley: Hey, You're Supposed To Be Changing The World
- 'Soft Electronics' Makes Wearable Computing Something You'd Actually Wear
- Raspberry Pi Gets A Sound Card: 3 Ways To Use It
- Volkswagen: 'The Car Must Not Become A Data Monster'
- How The Oculus Rift Can Help NASA Find Life On Other Planets
- India’s Largest Online Classifieds Site Quikr, Raises $90M Led By Sweden’s Kinnevik
- Sherpa’s Shervin Pishevar’s First $100K Cyrus Prize Goes To Dropbox Co-Founder Ferdowsi
- Alibaba Pays $804M To Take Majority Stake In TV And Movie Producer ChinaVision
- Titanfall Goes Up, Xbox Live Goes Down
- Gogo Teases An App That Could Let Travelers Text And Make Calls During Flights
- Mobile dating app Tinder will introduce verified accounts for lovelorn celebrities
- Amazon Publishing expands to cover German-language fiction
- Yahoo Search now shows Yelp listings, reviews and ratings for local businesses in the US
- The lowdown on Lowdown: The iPhone app for smarter meetings
- UK tops Europe’s superfast broadband table
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube