Encipher has announced that they’re in talks with several content providers for the INYE tablet and Encipher TV.
Saheed Adepoju, Encipher’s co-founder, officially confirmed that they are in final discussions with Opera, Students Circle Network, EVCL, SocketWorks and Breadth of Life Ministries to provide content.
The Encipher-Opera deal would see the Opera browser bundled into the INYE tablet and Encipher TV.
At the moment, the INYE uses the Chrome Lite as its native browser, although there are indications that the Opera browser might become the default browser for the INYE, if the deal goes through.
Adepoju also disclosed that Students Circle Network, an educational social network would develop an android application to be installed on the INYE tablets that would allow students to collaborate and form study groups across the globe.
Also announced was a possible deal with EVCL, an Abuja-based animation company that produced the Nigerian animation series, Fino and Bino. You can watch the first episode on Youtube.
According to Adepoju,
“They are happy to provide contents to us and are in the process of finalizing a suitable monetization model to suit both parties…”
While it is too early to say whether or not these potential deals would be exclusive, it is very likely that one or two of them are exclusive.
Related Posts via Categories
- Inye 2 Is Likely Coming This March. And Here’s What To Expect From The Tablet
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- CONFIRMED: INYE 2 To Be Unveiled At Google Nigeria Day
- Exclusive: Here’s What Inye 2 Will Look Like. Slim. Sleek. Sexy [PHOTO]
- Opera Mobile Appstore Launches in Over 200 Countries, Including Nigeria
- If You Like Apple TV, You’ll Love Encipher TV.
- Encipher To Launch App Store Next Year
- Encipher Announces Pre-release of InyeReader
- Encipher Announces Local App Deal with ALT-I
- Exclusive: Screenshots and Photos of the Encipher Tablet
- South Africa’s Silvertree Capital Invests Into Two Nigerian E-Commerce Companies
- Etisalat-Hosted Digital Marketing Conference Brings Local And International Marketing Experts Together
- After Raising Close To $70 Million, E-Commerce Company, JUMIA Builds A 90,000 sqft Warehouse in Lagos
- Can You Type As Fast As Eku Edewor On The Blackberry Q10? [VIDEO]
- Move Over Konga! The Most Liked E-Commerce Site On Facebook Is…Jumia!
- iZettle breaks out of Europe, bringing its mobile payments service to Mexico
- Now that’s a chathead: Rounds adds co-browsing to its mobile video chat apps
- Yet another YouTube funding: Bedrocket invests in Shira Lazar’s What’s Trending
- SendGrid picks fight with heavyweight MailChimp in email marketing
- Punchey puts up its dukes to challenge Square in the mobile payments ring
- Are you losing it with social media? Here’s how to find your way again
- #YouKnowYoureSouthAfricanWhen: can hashtags shape a nation’s story?
- Lumia 920 review: It’s big, it’s really big, but oh so sexy
- 7 things you need to know about South Africa’s new data protection laws
- Battles beyond the Great Firewall: India shuts out Chinese tech companies
- Filipino Gift-remittance Startup Ayannah Gets $1M Angel Round
- Worried Who's Watching Your Web Browsing? Adafruit's Onion Pi Tor Proxy Project Creates A Private, Portable Wi-Fi Access Point
- Ad Giant WPP Takes Stake In Muzy, A Mobile Microblogging Startup With 20M Users
- Fear And Loathing OF Silicon Valley
- MyFitnessPal Makes International Push With Versions In French, German, Spanish, And Portuguese
- HTC One Mini moniker confirmed, 720p HD screen found in tow
- HTC Desire 200 emerges as a low-end, 3.5″ Android smartphone with a 5MP camera and Beats Audio
- LG Optimus G Pro hits 1 million sales in South Korea, a month slower than the Samsung Galaxy Note II
- China’s Qihoo launches wireless router as it forays into hardware, now accepting pre-orders online
- Adobe releases major updates to its products under Creative Cloud, launches desktop app
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube