With two independently organized TED events coming to Nigeria this July, we can’t wait to see innovation and disruptive technology from Nigeria soon.
TED conferences gather the world’s leading thinkers and doers who are devoted to the converging fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design and have become “the ultimate brain spa” for everyone who participates.
In fact, what adds to the excitement and inspiration is an extraordinary audience and speaker line-up made up of Internet pioneers, entrepreneurs, movie producers, architects, creative directors, CEOs, authors, investors, celebrities, philanthropists and thought leaders.
In acknowledgement of the consistent efforts of the average Nigerian person to outdo himself, TEDxVictoriaIsland has been themed “Recreating our World”, and will be hosting a diverse selection of inspiring speakers from Nigeria focusing on edutainment, information technology and community development.
Date: July 9, 2010
Venue: Shell Hall, Muson Centre
Time: 10:00 a.m
Fee: N15, 000
- Mrs. Abimbola Fashola, Her Excellency, The First Lady of Lagos State
- Professor Pat Utomi, Professor of Political Economics and Entrepreneur
- Betty Irabor, Editor – in – Chief, Genevieve Magazine
- Mo Abudu, Business Consultant and Talk show host
- Atuyota Akporobomeriere (a.k.a Alibaba), Ace comedian and Business Man
- Mr. Adeoye Abodunrin, Vice president (Professional Development), PMP (Lagos Chapter)
- Mr. Kayode Olufemi-Ayoola, Professional Coach and Personal capability development consultant
- Mr. Adebola Akindele, Managing Director, Courteville Investments Plc.
- Mr. Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu, MD/CEO Infographics Nigeria Ltd.
- Mr. Kolapo Solesi, MD/CEO, Sulphurtel Ltd.
- Mr. Dominic Essien, CEO, Seed Media
- Mr. Gbenga Sesan, Information Technology Ambassador
- Mr. Adeyemi Fowe, Integration and Deployment Manager, Nokia, West Africa
- Professor Damola Oke, Professor of Botany, Lagos State University
At TEDxAbuja, there’ll be a focus on how the building of a stable institutional framework that reinforces the acquisition of ideas can bring about development.
TEDxAbuja is an invitation-only event with the theme: “Technology, the Language for Development”, and would feature back-to-back schedule of talks, performances and other multimedia surprises showcasing “Ideas Worth Spreading” from carefully selected presenters whom the event organisers feel have something valuable to contribute towards development.
Date: July 10, 2010
Venue: Shehu Yar’dua Centre, Abuja
- ‘Gbenga Sesan, Ashoka Fellow and Executive Director of Paradigm Initiative Nigeria.
- Anthony Onugba, Movie Director and Coordinator of Digital Film City
- Saheed Adepoju, Co-founder of Encipher Limited
Related Posts via Categories
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- 10 Young Tech Game Changers Invited To Technology Times Summit 2011
- Mobile Web Conference Comes To Lagos in 2011
- Today is Techcrunch Lagos Meetup at Debonairs
- 10 Reasons You Should Attend Technology Times Outlook Summit 2010
- Google Announces G-Nigeria Day 2010
- Guess Who’s Coming To TEDxVictoriaIsland?
- #CashlessLagos: Why Should Access Bank Charge Customers To Use Its Electronic Channels?
- CNN Gaffes On African Tech Voices List. Literally.
- Facebook Account Gets Budget Allocation in Nigerian Government?
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Facebook’s Middle East and Africa boss on ads, mobile and the scramble for Africa
- The Internet of Things could play a massive role in the future of healthcare: here’s how
- Female entrepreneurs in Africa are on the rise
- Goodbye iPhone, hello BlackBerry: my week with the Z10
- Taxi app Uber’s strategy for gaining customers in Asia? Puppy deliveries
- Leaked Uber Numbers, Which We've Confirmed, Point To Over $1B Gross, $213M Revenue
- Yahoo Closes Above $38 For The First Time Since Early 2006
- Publishing Platform Medium Keeps Iterating With New Photo, Layout Tools And Collection Controls
- NSA Reportedly Tracking Cell Phone Location Data
- RISD President John Maeda Departing To Become First Design Partner At Kleiner Perkins
- Why Twitter should focus on even more local features
- Google Search for Android can now show results from inside third-party apps and Google Play app listings
- TouchCast brings its ‘TV studio in a box’ service to Windows desktop devices
- Microsoft to launch Windows Azure Region for Brazil in early 2014, its first major expansion into South America
- Cyber Monday 2013 mobile shopping: PayPal sees 93.6% increase, eBay Enterprise sees orders rise 88%
- Domo ‘starting to crank’ with across-the-board analytics tool, exec says
- Monetate takes an extra $8M to power holiday shopping online
- New Uber delivery option: first condoms, then cats … now $135 Christmas trees
- Xbox One or PlayStation 4? The GamesBeat community chooses
- The 3 big problems in big data (hint: they all involve people)
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube