Jobberman on mobile let’s you select and search for ‘Jobs By Category’, just as you can on the web. It also allows you to apply for the jobs listed, though you have to sign up or login. However, the mobile version does not have a search bar that allows for quick search by specific keywords.
The mobile version can be accessed via m.jobberman.com or mobile.jobberman.com from your mobile phone and on the web. Here’s what it looks like from a Blackberry device.
As the fastest growing online job portal in Nigeria, Jobberman places a high premium on job search that is relevant and up-to-the-minute. Obviously, the job search market in Nigeria is saturated and needs a lot of innovation and strategy. Still, the job search industry is very exciting and potentially lucrative.
With strengths in technology, design, innovation and strategy, Jobberman seems to be the game-changer in the online job market. For example, when you are talking about Web 2.0 tools and social media solutions to searching and finding jobs in Nigeria, Jobberman.com is the place to go to.
In one of my recent discussions with Jobberman’s Co-founder, Ayodeji Adewunmi, he mentioned that their mobile version will come with SMS alerts and short codes in the delivery of job vacancies.
He also revealed that Jobberman is currently developing a blackberry app which in my opinion is smart, but would only attract a smaller audience given the fact that Nokia phones seem to be the most popular and widely used in Nigeria.
With almost 4000 jobs posted, over 1000 companies listed, 50, 000+ user base and 10,000+ CVs on its database in less than one year of launch, Jobberman.com is one of the job portals to watch in the African space.
Related Posts via Categories
- Deciphering the Google Way to Cloud Computing [An Analyst View]
- The World’s First Social Media ‘Royal Wedding’
- Glo Connect: Globacom’s Facebook App
- Jobberman.com – Most Intuitive Job Search Portal in Nigeria
- Mobicanvas – An Innovative Mobile Site Builder
- How Facebook Dominates Mobile Web Usage in Africa [Infographic]
- Vanguard Emerges 5th Most Visited Site on Opera Mini Browser
- NCC Shutdown Mobile Communications in Abuja
- 2nd MobileMonday (MoMo) Meetup Holds Today
- Google’s AdSense for Mobile Content Comes To Nigeria
- Sim Shagaya: “We Should Have Been Better Prepared.”
- Konga’s Site Suffers Epic Crash Over Traffic Surge During Its #FallYakataSales
- 10 Tips and Tricks For Shopping Online This Season
- TECNO Inks Deal With Blackberry To Pre-load BBM On Its New Phones
- Nigeria’s 4G Service, SWIFT Offers 5% Data Credit If You Make Online Payments
- Google catches French finance ministry pretending to be Google
- IBM researchers discover how to treat drug-resistant fungal infections with recycled plastic
- Leading U.S. tech firms beg governments (starting with theirs) to reform surveillance practices
- Whatever happened to the pay-as-you-go beauty of SaaS?
- The continuing evolution of the mobile business app ecosystem
- 4 massive trends and events that completely changed the face of tech in 2013
- Apple’s app diet: how it took a step backwards with iLife and iWork
- South African entrepreneurs take a bow: a North American’s perspective
- Web hosting: the complete beginner’s guide
- Asia still needs a decade before it leads the tech world: here’s why
- Offline over the weekend? Read all the tech news you missed right here
- China’s UC Browser broadens its horizons with deal to buy iOS app marketplace PP Assistant
- 5 new free BBC HD channels will be switched on tomorrow
- Google Play gift cards come to Japan, offering up to ¥20,000 ($195) per card
- China Mobile will reportedly begin accepting orders for Apple’s new iPhones this week
- Facebook, Google, Twitter, and more create the Reform Government Surveillance coalition
- Obama kicks off CS Education Week with Code.org: ‘Don’t just play on your phone, program it’
- Why mobile payment systems fail
- Will all-in-one electric bicycle wheels swamp electric cars?
- Everything visible: How wearable cameras are changing the way we think about public space
Tagsafrica android apple barack obama barcamp nigeria business careers encipher encipher tablet etisalat nigeria facebook globacom goodluck jonathan google inye ipad Jobberman job search kenya lagos loy okezie microsoft mobile apps Mobile Web mtn nigeria nigeria nokia saheed adepoju silicon valley Social Media social network software developers south africa starcomms startup startups startups nigeria techcrunch technology telecoms ticker Twitter yahoo yarnable youtube